Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock residents up in arms

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

PCros wrote: »
    I'm not sure if these are originating from Portmarnock or actually just addressing the areas as they were a problem.

They're not additional services, they are existing services having extra stops added.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This 1653 from Connolly is a nonsense. Sitting in the siding at Clongriffin every day now. It's become a thirty minute train journey now for what used to be 13 minutes.

PITA

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

lawred2 wrote: »
    This 1653 from Connolly is a nonsense. Sitting in the siding at Clongriffin every day now. It's become a thirty minute train journey now for what used to be 13 minutes.

PITA
    It's to allow a commuter train to overtake as Clongriffin is one of the very few places that is possible thanks to having a passing loop.

devnull wrote: »
    It's to allow a commuter train to overtake as Clongriffin is one of the very few places that is possible thanks to having a passing loop.

I know why it's doing it.

But it's not much consolation really

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/dublin-apartment-owners-appeal-against-metro-demolition-plans-1.3633538

This is what I'm talking about: focus on your bit of the jigsaw and forget about the rest.  If we need to massively compensate the people who own the buildings and the residents fine, spend the money, but GET MOVING.  If we need to go as far as a constitutional ammendment to make CPO / eminent domain easier we should go that far.  How many more of these kind of objections are going to throw a spanner in the works? I was in a schoolkid when these proposals were announced and they are still not being built.
    The pattern is always the same:
    1. Announce it
    2. Arse around for years with objections and consultations
    3. Cancel it to instead buy an election or stave off a total massacre by the electorate during a recession by bribing them
    4. New govt elected, faffs around thinking over new plans
    5. New govt announces totally new plan that has to do through the same consultation process all over again...and by the time that's finished....
    6. Years have passed, the boom.bust cycle has turned again, were in recession once again, and once again saving AIB is more important than national infrastructure....
    7. The people who objected because it would mean moving a pitch or changing apt are totally baffled as to why the same trains are delayed going through COnnoly every single day, confused as to why it takes them forever to get to and from work, don't understand why they can never get a seat on the train etc they don't connect the dots at all.  The bribe with their own tax money which they barely notice satisfies them in the short term, telling the politicos that's what you do to get the mob to put down their torches, not treat them like adults and make an argument for a longer term plan that leaves them much better off - bribe them in the short term.

...lather...rinse...repeat...

• Advertisement

In the process of planning trip to Aviva on Saturday. App saying no train between 15:57 and 17:04.

Nothing for over an hour.

Is that the regular Saturday service?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

lawred2 wrote: »
    In the process of planning trip to Aviva on Saturday. App saying no train between 15:57 and 17:04.

Nothing for over an hour.

From where? Seems right for the commuter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's one at 15:36 if you search portmarnock to bray, and it says that it's going to stop at Lansdowne Rd, so I don't know what's going on there.

So they close Lansdowne Rd when matches are on? I didn't think so, but I haven't down that journey in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Get a train to Grand Canal and walk down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CatInABox wrote: »
    There's one at 15:36 if you search portmarnock to bray, and it says that it's going to stop at Lansdowne Rd, so I don't know what's going on there.

So they close Lansdowne Rd when matches are on? I didn't think so, but I haven't down that journey in a while.

They do indeed close Landsdowne while matches are on,might that explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

The issue is there is nothing out of portmarnock between 15.57 and 17.04.

Both the DART pdf and journey planner has this as normal schedule.

Very strange for a DART service.

15:36 comes up under the Portmarnock to Lansdowne search as it is.

There is nothing between 15:57 and 17:04 however. That's an hour and ten minutes with no DART or train passing through.

lawred2 wrote:

According to the DART timetables, yes.

thomasj wrote: »
    According to the DART timetables, yes.

15:57 it is then

FYI, the 15.57 ex portmarnock is an inbound Drogheda train going to Connolly.

The 15.36 is the last through train from portmarnock to Lansdowne until 17.00

FYI, the 15.57 ex portmarnock is an inbound Drogheda train going to Connolly.

The 15.36 is the last through train from portmarnock to Lansdowne .

You're right. The 15:57 requires a change at HJ to get to Lansdowne. So no DART for nearly 90 minutes. That's a load of crap.

Connolly will be fine enough but still...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I read it wrong, you guys are right, there's no trains from Portmarnock for over an hour. That's just weird. I know it's the weekend and all, and that drivers need a break too, but an hour gap? That seems wrong.

I read it wrong, you guys are right, there's no trains from Portmarnock for over an hour. That's just weird. I know it's the weekend and all, and that drivers need a break too, but an hour gap? That seems wrong.

Worse - it's a near 90 minute gap in the DART service

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

There trying to limit the number of Leinster supporters who can get to the match :p

All joking aside, it looks like only every second DART is stopping at Landsdown Road, so only one every 30 minutes. While there is a DART every 15 minutes stopping at Grand Canal Dock.

I assume due to crowd control issues.

• Advertisement

Really? I'm seeing at least 3 DARTs on the journey planner that are only running to Lansdowne Road .

Further to that, looking at the journey planner, DARTs to Lansdowne road seem to be running every 10-15 minutes in the build up to the match.

Really? I'm seeing at least 3 DARTs on the journey planner that are only running to Lansdowne Road .

Further to that, looking at the journey planner, DARTs to Lansdowne road seem to be running every 10-15 minutes in the build up to the match.

Where are you seeing this?

Advertisement