Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

fergus1001 wrote: »
    my application for E vetting is at "Application scheduled for completion" does that mean it's more or less done ?

They are about to start on it. Next step is- In progress (NVB) (Currently being processed by the Guards). Then it's Application process completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

CZ 453 wrote:
    They are about to start on it. Next step is- In progress (NVB) (Currently being processed by the Guards). Then it's Application process completed.

and I wonder if it will be any quicker given I already had garda vetting done before, getting anxious about being able to hand in my notice before I go on holidays !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

fergus1001 wrote: »
    and I wonder if it will be any quicker given I already had garda vetting done before, getting anxious about being able to hand in my notice before I go on holidays !

Based on above it's about 9 days from submission to them. It was about 15 days this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Celtic_Nomad

Did anybody else get called for Cork? Just wondering if there is any hope for those of us up a little higher in Batch 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

CZ 453 wrote:
    Based on above it's about 9 days from submission to them. It was about 15 days this time last year.

Garda Vetting just came back this evening for me very quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 MrSphincter

Do you need to place the passport number under your candidate number?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jondoe1234

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Sister was in top three... Starting on 18th august

Good news for your sister! Where is her training taking place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Jondoe1234 wrote: »
    Good news for your sister! Where is her training taking place ?

3 weeks in Dublin, 2 weeks in Cork.

Vologda69 wrote: »
    3 weeks in Dublin, 2 weeks in Cork.

Will you keep us posted if she hears anything regarding the Cork panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

For anyone starting in Dublin on the 12th August, did anyone get time/location of training?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

Kevin17W wrote: »
    For anyone starting in Dublin on the 12th August, did anyone get time/location of training?

No not yet. They said they would let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

Just had interview today. Can anybody tell me to the best of their knowledge how long before you hear results.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Just had interview today. Can anybody tell me to the best of their knowledge how long before you hear results.

Where was the interview on?

I don't know about this campaign but in the general CO campaign,

Interviews are done in groups of two/three weeks & the results won't issue until all are complete... it can range from a few days to three weeks depending on if you were first day or last day of the round.

THE REVENUE COMMISSIONERS have hired 453 staff to date in preparation for Brexit.

According to new figures provide by Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe, 453 staff have been hired ahead of Brexit with 370 staff hired so far in 2019.

In a written Dáil reply to Sinn Féin TD Pearse Doherty, Minister Donohoe stated that since the start of 2019 over 600 staff have been appointed by Revenue across all areas.

He said however that “the majority of these have been assigned to customs roles or to backfill positions from which existing Revenue staff have been assigned to customs duties”.

He said: “As serving staff are taking up their new Brexit-related positions, Revenue is backfilling the vacancies created, from panels of candidates established in its general recruitment activity.

Not good news for this panel so..

https://www.thejournal.ie/revenue-commissioners-hire-453-staff-in-preparation-for-brexit-4719466-Jul2019/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR0Qzc3dOt-Cfgb6hpvduB8-3_cL9-NwaBznK7RrpVMnybfx2Er0SsK-k3A

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pontiac22

I did the interview for the trade facilitation clerical roles last Tuesday and today got notification that my OOM has jumped to 10.
    Anybody hear anything about offers from this batch yet?
    Or have that back filled all the roles internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaaSh

Anyone else heard anything apart from a start date on 2nd September?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Con234

When did you do your interview for a start date of 2nd of September

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheRealMcD

I did the interview last Thursday
    Got word back yesterday OOM is 22

Thats all so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheRealMcD

Does anyone know what the wages are for this

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

TheRealMcD wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the wages are for this

It's on all the information you would of received?? Also it's just standard clerical officer pay plus 25%I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

LaaSh wrote: »
    Anyone else heard anything apart from a start date on 2nd September?
    Do you mind me aksing what location you got for that start date? I have only heard of Dublin starting on Aug 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Polly50

pontiac22 wrote: »
    I did the interview for the trade facilitation clerical roles last Tuesday and today got notification that my OOM has jumped to 10.
    Anybody hear anything about offers from this batch yet?
    Or have that back filled all the roles internally.
    My husband did interview last Tues, heard yesterday his oom is 19

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Did my interview last Wednesday the 10th, got results yesterday that I passed jumped 30 or so places... Now I think it’s another waiting game, anyone who got through early can they tell us how long before they got an offer, also any one know when the next training dates are set for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

What batch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Batch 4

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pontiac22

Got the call yesterday. Start date 19 Aug. Training to be held in Dublin city location to be confirmed. Training to last 5 weeks, last two weeks will be systems training. Will not be paid shift allowance until I start role proper.
    Got Guarda Vetting request this morning along with a document to sign & return by post & email. Was told on the phone yesterday that during training i'd be given a choice between Blanchardstown, Dub port & Dub Airport. Still not decided which site I want to be placed, think the Airport?! Any suggestions. Either way, i'll need to know what the parking facilities are like in all three places. Presently in a three month temp contract which was due to finish on the 19 Aug but going to finish this a week early to have a break before I start training.

I got the call yesterday too, starting on August 19th. I’m based in Cork, so it’s 3 weeks for me in Dublin then back to Cork for 2 more

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Polly50

Hubby got call yesterday, start date August 12th. Delighted ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Jondoe1234 wrote: »
    I got the call yesterday too, starting on August 19th. I’m based in Cork, so it’s 3 weeks for me in Dublin then back to Cork for 2 more

Your for cork?... What was your OOM before interview? Were you Internal or open?

• Advertisement

Your for cork?... What was your OOM before interview? Were you Internal or open?

Open panel, batch 1.1, top 15 after interview

Advertisement