Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MrSphincter

Got an interview soon for Dublin, anyone any ideas of how the shift work actually works in Customs? I don't drive so I can't see me getting to this job easily. I could just stick out my TCO job for the next three months and hope that I get an extension and wait till I get an interview for 2019 CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I thought everyone was put on a panel already ??

are they forming another panel now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I thought everyone was put on a panel already ??

are they forming another panel now ?

They have been doing more interviews the last few weeks with another few training batches for around August,as per previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Flynnerr

Does anyone know what happens after doing garda vetting and references were called today. Was wondering when the official contract etc is sent to me

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

Flynnerr wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens after doing garda vetting and references were called today. Was wondering when the official contract etc is sent to me

In the same boat. Got the call on Monday to accept August 12th start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Sirius88 wrote: »
    In the same boat. Got the call on Monday to accept August 12th start

I got the call aswell. Start date 12th August.... Hard to know what to do

fergus1001 wrote:
    Im still next in line on my panel, its so frustrating im going on holidays in a few weeks and would love to know whats going on

I just got called up on my panel (Dept of Ag), when would be the best time to hand in your notice to your current employers?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Tio07

Most people I know got the their contract emailed to them with in a few days of the reference checks being conducted. I wouldn’t hand in notice until I had my new contract signed and returned provided you are confident your Garda vetting will be clear. Especially as you have until August 12th In this case.

does anyone know if there is a particular form to fill out for your current and previous employer reference check

does anyone know if there is a particular form to fill out for your current and previous employer reference check

That's what I sent them below seemed to be fine with it

Ref 1-
    Name -
    Title-
    Phone number -
    Email -

• Advertisement

Flynnerr wrote:
    That's what I sent them below seemed to be fine with it

thanks and has anyone had sight of the form that your employer has to fill out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaaSh

Does anyone know if you are meant to get written references to send off ?

thanks and has anyone had sight of the form that your employer has to fill out ?

Didnt have a form for me just a phone call with a few generic questions eg hows your punctuality on a scale of 1-10

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sirius88

They only called one of my references so far. Just basically in relation to my timekeeping, if I got on with co workers... They said the call was less than 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DoreenB

did anyone get their contract? I got mine yesterday

fergus1001 wrote:

fair play to PAS I was panicking about holidays ect they told me they will just slow down the process for me so all clearance ect will be completed just as I come back !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

How long is vetting taking for people at the moment? Thanks

CZ 453 wrote: »
    How long is vetting taking for people at the moment? Thanks

I got mine back late this afternoon

DoreenB wrote:
    I got mine back late this afternoon

when did you submit the application?

when did you submit the application?

Tuesday 25th June. Very surprised it came back so quick.

• Advertisement

DoreenB wrote: »
    Tuesday 25th June. Very surprised it came back so quick.

they are supposed to have a 5 day turn around so even though it was quick it is still over their own target time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭pengaffe

Hi
    Contract states it’s a 3 year contract. Are you placed elsewhere in Revenue after the 3 years does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

pengaffe wrote: »
    Hi
    Contract states it’s a 3 year contract. Are you placed elsewhere in Revenue after the 3 years does anyone know?

Yes it's mentioned in the original application notes. Was it Dublin port that you were offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭pengaffe

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Yes it's mentioned in the original application notes. Was it Dublin port that you were offered?

You don’t get your posting until training commences

Garda Vetting system is down i was just in contact with them there now

They also told me that it will take 8 working days from the date of submission to get it back despite their website saying 5

Cork is finally moving....

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Really?! I thought that was a lost cause. Do you know how many are being called?

Really?! I thought that was a lost cause. Do you know how many are being called?

Sister was in top three... Starting on 18th august

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

what number are they upto in Dublin

• Advertisement

my application for E vetting is at "Application scheduled for completion" does that mean it's more or less done ?

Advertisement