Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    From the training photos Marmion is with the Connacht squad and SOB is training also

Looks like roux, ultan, blade, carty and Farrell were all retained by Ireland. Was half expecting ultan or roux to be released back with Henderson and beirne back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Looks like roux, ultan, blade, carty and Farrell were all retained by Ireland. Was half expecting ultan or roux to be released back with Henderson and beirne back

Beirne still isn't 100% and Henderson is probably going to get a ban now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

We can do without any except Carty IMO, Horwitz has to shake him up hugely to win this..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Gallagher might start so! Alongside Cannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    We can do without any except Carty IMO, Horwitz has to shake him up hugely to win this..

Based on the Cardiff game and the squad against Cheetahs I think and hope that Conor Fitz will he preferred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

https://www.pro14rugby.org/2019/02/19/disciplinary-update-round-15-lee/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=PRO14Official&utm_content=Disciplinary%20Update%20-%20Round%2015:%20Lee
    Share this article

Nico Lee (Citing Complaint)

A Disciplinary Committee will meet in Cardiff, Wales on Wednesday, February 20 to consider the Citing Complaint made against Nico Lee (No 12) of the Toyota Cheetahs for an alleged incident which occurred against Connacht Rugby on Saturday, February 16, 2019.

The complaint refers to an incident involving Connacht Rugby No 7 (Colby Fainga’a) in the 64th minute of the Guinness PRO14 Round 15 fixture at The Sportsground (Galway).

The player has been reported by the Citing Commissioner in charge for alleged infringement of Law 9.27 – A player must not do anything that is against the spirit of good sportsmanship.

The Player will face a Disciplinary Committee via video conference, the Committee will comprise of Owain Rhys James (Chair), Richard Cole and Nigel Williams (all Wales).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Strange law to be cited under.. Anyone know what he did??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Odd one. With that description, my first reaction was to think he said something but that is covered under rule 9.12 governing verbal abuse. It's hard to find many suspensions/citings relating to this particular law. The only two I found without spending much time searching were related to pushing a referee (obviously not the case here) and spitting at another player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    I've looked back at it, and I can't see what it was for. There's no point they are really together ( unless I'm blind)

Someone posted this clip over on Reddit. It looks like he blows his nose onto Fainga'a

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    b.gud wrote: »
    Someone posted this clip over on Reddit. It looks like he blows his nose onto Fainga'a

I was looking later than that, that's disgusting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Former Coach

Mul, it's over

Looks like it alright. He deserves to be banned for that-disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Looks like it alright. He deserves to be banned for that-disgusting!

Couldn't agree more. Disgusting act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Okay I'll say it as no-one else has.

Fair play to them, but it is a pain in the ass that so many key players are in the Irish squad this weekend.

The Friend Zone

Fair play to them, but it is a pain in the ass that so many key players are in the Irish squad this weekend.

If carty, Farrell and ultan could be released that’d the great. With marmion back, I’m hoping blade makes the bench against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over

If carty, Farrell and ultan could be released that’d the great. With marmion back, I’m hoping blade makes the bench against Italy.
    Hard to see it for an away game.
    Carty Is the big loss and I don't see him being released with only 3 outhalves in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone

Hard to see it for an away game.
    Carty Is the big loss and I don't see him being released with only 3 outhalves in the squad.

Another problem is the Ireland game is Sunday. Players would often be released back after training on Thursday but that would be Friday this week. And as we play Friday can’t see us having any of them back

Ref appointment and TV broadcast details for Fridays match
    Glasgow Warriors v Connacht Rugby – KO 19.35

Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)

AR1: Lloyd Linton (SRU), AR2: Elgan Williams (WRU)

TMO: Charles Samson (SRU)

Live on Premier Sports 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Ref appointment and TV broadcast details for Fridays match

I know we have actually got the rub of the green with whitehouse quite a bit but i still get a shiver when I see his name. He was very promising a year or two ago but feel his performances on the whistle the last year have been poor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

freyners wrote: »
    I know we have actually got the rub of the green with whitehouse quite a bit but i still get a shiver when I see his name. He was very promising a year or two ago but feel his performances on the whistle the last year have been poor

Agreed. He seems to like being the centre of attention. Fancies himself as the next Nigel Owens but without the understanding of the game, nor any personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Mul, it's over

Snot in the spirit of rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭BeardySi

You've got a Friend in me
    He really blew his chances...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

BeardySi wrote: »
    He really blew his chances...

His bogie team....:D.....

The Friend Zone
    Seems denis coulson has joined stade francais as a medical joker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Seems denis coulson has joined stade francais as a medical joker

A very good player any cameos he did for Grenoble or for us. Shame he had this night in Bordeaux

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

connachta wrote: »
    A very good player any cameos he did for Grenoble or for us. Shame he had this night in Bordeaux

Yeah....a shame. :rolleyes:

I'm shocked SF have given him a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Buer wrote: »
    Yeah....a shame. :rolleyes:

I'm shocked SF have given him a contract.

I just googled him, and read some details about that night ....... , it's pretty ****ing horrific...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    #GLAvCON

Kick-off 7:35pm:

(15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Stephen Fitzgerald, Kyle Godwin, Tom Daly, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Kieran Marmion, (1-8) Denis Buckley, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham, Cillian Gallagher, James Cannon, Eoin McKeon, Colby Fainga’a, Jarrad Butler (Capt).
    Replacements (16-23): Shane Delahunt, Peter McCabe, Conor Carey, Joe Maksymiw, Paul Boyle, Caolin Blade, Peter Robb, Cian Kelleher.

Blade released by Ireland. Not sure who our sub OH will be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Chippy1234

I believe , Stephen Fitz has had some experience playing 10, could be corrected, also think I heard that Godwin has played some 10 unprofessionally too.

Not a good sign for Horwitz unless he’s injured!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement