Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Is there an eagles game this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya I find mirroring isn't a great experience.
    You would be better to type into the browser and then you should be able to put it on full screen on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

testtech05 wrote: »
    Is there an eagles game this weekend?
    No. nothing planned for a while yet. have the games in Boston around Paddys day so possibly games to warm up for them but nothing in short term AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Copeland confirms hip injury on Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Don't be too optimistic about the stream, Quins vs Treviso only started after min 25 a month ago...

• Advertisement

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    Don't be too optimistic about the stream, Quins vs Treviso only started after min 25 a month ago...

Connacht Perpignan stream was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Connacht Perpignan stream was perfect

I know. Glorious uncertainty of stream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

Direct stream from ERC website

https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x70ahi4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Connacht going well.

Bundee playing super stuff.
    So strong and abrasive.

Godwin has his wits about him there to make the conversion easier.

Sale there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

This steam is pants. Same for everyone I take it. Jumping and skipping a bit like the game really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Mul, it's over
    franglan wrote: »
    This steam is pants. Same for everyone I take it. Jumping and skipping a bit like the game really...

Yeah. Turned it off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Good win against a strong enough Sale team. Where does that leave us now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

evil_seed wrote: »
    Good win against a strong enough Sale team. Where does that leave us now?

You'd still fancy Sale to win the group. They're ahead on tries and are at home against Perpignan. Connacht have to go to Bordeaux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Our best hope was 4 try bp or to keep Sale pointless but tbh we were absolutely guff for 30 minutes in that second half. But for FdK being **** off the tee we'd have lost. Not getting 10 points from the other two home pool games kinda sealed a 2nd place finish early on. Bordeaux next week is no guaranteeed win either.

Not a lot of great showings but thought Dillane and Mitchell in the first half really stood out. Lineouts poor yet again in the opposition 22 and pissing away a 17 point headstart was just messing.

Ref missed some fierce dirty off the ball hits from Sale. Hopefully Carty is ok. Roux had the quickest recovery from being properly knocked out I've ever seen. Think he smashed heads with Connolly.

All in all against that Sale team a win is a good result. Would love to go Clermont tbh for the atmosphere.

Blade will fully deserve his first cap in two weeks if it comes to that, which it looks like it might

The Friend Zone
    troyzer wrote: »
    Blade will fully deserve his first cap in two weeks if it comes to that, which it looks like it might

Think he has a good chance of making the squad anyways. Cooney and McGrath picking up injuries today and I’d doubt marmion will be fit for the England match either, saw him at the match and had a bit of a limp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Lineouts poor yet again in the opposition 22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Lineouts poor yet again in the opposition 22

McCartney has fallen to number three behind Heff and Delahunt.

They are both better in open play and the lineout.

Two things:

Watching Clermont-Northampton and Frank Murphy is touch judge.

Northampton are winning in Stade Michelin with 10 gone and already have 2 tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Two things:

Watching Clermont-Northampton and Frank Murphy is touch judge.

Northampton are winning in Stade Michelin with 10 gone and already have 2 tries.

Clermont back in front pretty easily, better they win this outright for us huh?

Edit..Actually... doing some maths, providing Clermont win, as it stands is this way it will look for QF's ?????

1. Clermont
    2. La Rochelle
    3. Sale
    4. Worcester
    5. Harlequins
    6. Connacht
    7. Bristol
    8. Bennetton/Northampton

Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1) Clermont v Bennetton/Northampton
    Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2) Worcester v Harlequins
    Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3) Sale v Connacht
    Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4) La Rochelle v Bristol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Mul, it's over
    Unlikely to happen but Connacht and Clermont would be some craic. Easily be an 80 point game

I hope we don't get Sale away. That wastewater treatment plant beside the ground was in full effect last trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

A lot could happen next weekend, but some dead cert games like Bristol and Northampton getting 5 points from Einsei & Timosara.
    We could be away to Rochelle then which would be great!

Edit.. Northampton got a LBP, so themselves and Bristol on 16 points with better points difference, we could be off to Clermont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

That was a desperate second half. And what were they thinking with the lineout at the very end? Did their level best to blow it but a win is a win. Dillane, TOH, Mitchell good. Delahunt too when he came on, apart from some throws. Carty not as good as he has been lately but took a bad late hit in the 2nd half, hopefully he's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Mul, it's over
    The game had a crazy amount of penalties and scrums. Ref seemed to give Connacht every penalty until 17-0 and then give everything to sale until they got the lead. I thought he was swayed at times by the crowd, he pulled sale back for a forward pass when they were through for a try that definitely wasn't forward but in fairness that's the advantage of a vocal home support.
    Connacht really need to sort out the lineout in the other 22 and their gainline tackling, Munster and sale were making yards with so much of their attacks at the Connacht gainline, we don't manage the same, seems to be a physicality difference too.
    Great to get the win yesterday though it looked dead and buried at the end. De Klerk clearly didn't want to take that last penalty, thankfully he left his kicking boots at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The game had a crazy amount of penalties and scrums. Ref seemed to give Connacht every penalty until 17-0 and then give everything to sale until they got the lead. I thought he was swayed at times by the crowd, he pulled sale back for a forward pass when they were through for a try that definitely wasn't forward but in fairness that's the advantage of a vocal home support.
    Connacht really need to sort out the lineout in the other 22 and their gainline tackling, Munster and sale were making yards with so much of their attacks at the Connacht gainline, we don't manage the same, seems to be a physicality difference too.
    Great to get the win yesterday though it looked dead and buried at the end. De Klerk clearly didn't want to take that last penalty, thankfully he left his kicking boots at home.

I was in line with where he passed that and it was clearly forward. There was also a covering defender in behind so there was no guarantee he would have scored.
    Lineout was an issue alright, but maul defence was far better than in the Munster game, which was important. As you say, great to get the win, and great to see us closing out a tight game - there could be a few more of those this season.

Does the challenge cup have the same rules as the Heineken cup?

I.e. home semi for the top seeds at a neutral, home country venue?

Mul, it's over

yep

yep

I know it's incredibly unlikely, but would that mean that Connacht could theoretically play a home semi in Lansdowne?

In reality it would probably be the RDS or Thomond.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    I know it's incredibly unlikely, but would that mean that Connacht could theoretically play a home semi in Lansdowne?

In reality it would probably be the RDS or Thomond.

If it was to happen (and it won't be this year), as a Connacht fan you'd probably want Thomond.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement