Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Black midi are the best new band on the bill, easily. That video of them playing a 30 minute live set on youtube is fantastic.
    Is that the KEXP one in Iceland? It's class

edit: here it is:

Looking forward to black midi more than anything else on the bill. That Airwaves/KEXP youtube video is outstanding (IMHO)

Right I'm 15 minutes into that performance and I'm sold. I may never put on their album again but I'm seeing them live. That's extraordinary stuff. They're incredible musicians. Ta for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

llatsni wrote: »
    I keep trying and failing to get into them.

But no real complaints: over 30 acts I want to see now. ��

That's fair, I really don't get The Good The Bad and the Queen! Loyle Carner I'm also very meh about... Loads more that I can be excited about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Bars & Booze announced now

10 thirsty days to go... we delighted to announce this year's drinks menu for All Together Now...including @ketelone Vodka, @jameson_ireland, @krakenrumirl Spiced Rum, @dingledistillery Gin, Tanqueray No. TEN, @schweppesireland , @bulmersireland , @5lampsbrewery ,Prosecco Bar as well as non-alcoholic Bulmers Zero Cider and San Miguel 0.0. Beer. ☀️🌳🥂 🍺🍹🍾🍸 Full details -
    https://www.alltogethernow.ie/bars-booze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

sporina wrote: »
    thanks..

era i am not too bothered about bringing in too much beer - i like chilled beer.. happy to buy a few there.. what beer is available to buy at the festival?
    i any event i guess i can bring in cans on the 1st day and leave them in a mates tent..
    or i might park up on Fri eve and leave car there till Mon.. cans in car..

Conveniently, they just announced this...

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/bars-booze?fbclid=IwAR1xbfivpjl3PrecJKxHw7wa8UtrXlIXck7EoS1f40vkoorthj5JELke_UY

Schweppes, Ketel One Vodka, Tanqueray, Dingle Gin, Jameson, Kraken Rum and the following for the beers...
    Fancy getting crafty? We’ll have 5 LAMPS LAGER, RED ALE AND LIGHT on offer - plus craft concoctions from O’SULLIVANS BREWERY and KILLARNEY BREWERY. You can also enjoy BULMER’S IRISH CIDER or their refreshing DARK FRUITS CIDER. We’re also pleased to reveal our very own ATN BREW!

Anyone ever heard of O'Sullivans? I've been to Killarney Brewery before and they had some nice ones on tap. Presume it won't be the full range but hopefully one or two options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Conveniently, they just announced this...

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/bars-booze?fbclid=IwAR1xbfivpjl3PrecJKxHw7wa8UtrXlIXck7EoS1f40vkoorthj5JELke_UY

Schweppes, Ketel One Vodka, Tanqueray, Dingle Gin, Jameson, Kraken Rum and the following for the beers...

Anyone ever heard of O'Sullivans? I've been to Killarney Brewery before and they had some nice ones on tap. Presume it won't be the full range but hopefully one or two options.

Isn't Five Lamps owned by Bulmers? Think there was Dungarven on tap in the food place also last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Eod100 wrote: »
    Isn't Five Lamps owned by Bulmers? Think there was Dungarven on tap in the food place also last year

Both are owned by C&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

O Sullivan’s are from Kilkenny. They have their own place on John Street.

I’ve only ever had one or two pints but seem to remember it being perfectly drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Somebody has asked on FB about when stage times are being announced... ATN replied
    "Soon, with a very special guest as well ;)"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Somebody has asked on FB about when stage times are being announced... ATN replied

oooooooh , excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Stillill42

eplady2017 wrote: »
    miller82 wrote: »
    oooooooh , excitement

Could it just be the David Keenan/ RTEconcert orchestra thing that was mentioned earlier? I don't mean just, I like him but you know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Both are owned by C&C.

Aha, that's the one, cheers! It's not a bad beer but think calling it craft is stretching it a small bit.. (But that's a discussion for another forum :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Ah that's a shame they haven't gotten any of the small Irish breweries.

It's a shame the big beer companies have such a say in our music events.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Yeah the last time you could get Guinness at Electric Picnic was 2007, Heineken took over then from 2008.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

See the comments on the Facebook Post about the booze.

ATN have said stage times coming soon plus a "special guest announcement"

Yeah the last time you could get Guinness at Electric Picnic was 2007, Heineken took over then from 2008.

I suppose I should be glad of the free flow!! But personally I'd prefer a load of craft beer stalls just like the food stalls.

ATN have said stage times coming soon plus a "special guest announcement"

Exciting!

Let the guessing being. Robyn (never listened but seen her mentioned above!)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

We have family camping tickets but just the 2 of us going now.
    I take it there should be no issue downgrading to general camping when we arrive. We've done that before at electric picnic but couldn't get ATN to confirm.
    Anyone have insights here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Tis, but on the other hand, probably wouldn't happen without them either.

I've always wondered if you could get someone like Galway bay or even Porterhouse on board. An up front fee and % of sales or something, but then you might have a volume issue.

Exciting!

Let the guessing being. Robyn (never listened but seen her mentioned above!)

Maybe Orbital after they play the Big Top next Saturday at Galway Arts Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

In the early EP days, asides from Guinness as the major sponsor - there was a craft beer stall near Body and Soul (I recall Delirium Tremens), and you could get the big plastic jugs of scrumpy from the Pieminister stall. The booze sponsor monopoly is a curse.

• Advertisement

Maybe Orbital after they play the Big Top next Saturday at Galway Arts Festival.

This makes more sense to me than Robyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Excitement really kicking in this week, nerves also kicking in for my first time going solo to a festival! If anyone spots a crazed lady in general camping skulling cheap cans and crying coz she can't get her tent up - that'll be me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OCALLAA5

fago wrote: »
    We have family camping tickets but just the 2 of us going now.
    I take it there should be no issue downgrading to general camping when we arrive. We've done that before at electric picnic but couldn't get ATN to confirm.
    Anyone have insights here?

Same as yourself Fago. If you go to the event page on Facebook, and go the bottom of the about section, near the end, under the heading ‘ticket types’ it says:

“Family Weekend Ticket - Allows access for 1 adult and up to 2 children aged 12 and under to enter the festival & to camp in the family campsite. You must have children with you to enter the campsite. Adults arriving without children will be refused entry and directed to general camping.”

Can’t post the URL unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Could it just be the David Keenan/ RTEconcert orchestra thing that was mentioned earlier? I don't mean just, I like him but you know what I mean.

More than likely this is the announcement.

Would love a bit of Girl Band or Jape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

While obviously it’s great to have a festival on our doorstep here in Waterford, it’s a shame that they don’t seem to supporting any local bands, breweries or food producers.

Backroad Smokers Club and King Kong Company are the only two local acts I can pick out from the line up. Why not have Metal Man craft beer available? Or give the fantastic Ardkeen Foods a stall. Everyone deserves to experience a Waterford blaa :pac:

Also a shame it has to be held during Waterford City’s biggest festival of the year, Spraoi (maybe bar Winterval)

I’m still going to go and have a great time, just some suggestions to integrate them more into their locality, maybe next year.

There was Metalman available last year wasn’t there? Ardkeen definitely were.

While obviously it’s great to have a festival on our doorstep here in Waterford, it’s a shame that they don’t seem to supporting any local bands, breweries or food producers.

Backroad Smokers Club and King Kong Company are the only two local acts I can pick out from the line up. Why not have Metal Man craft beer available? Or give the fantastic Ardkeen Foods a stall. Everyone deserves to experience a Waterford blaa :pac: Also a shame it has to be held during Waterford City’s biggest festival of the year, Spraoi.

I’m still going to go and have a great time, just some suggestions to integrate them more into their locality, maybe next year.

There is a few local Waterford food trucks there, or there was last year anyway. Spraoi done some of the festival decor last year as well and I'd say they're involved with this year too.

Backroad Smokers Club and King Kong Company are the only two local acts I can pick out from the line up. Why not have Metal Man craft beer available? Or give the fantastic Ardkeen Foods a stall. Everyone deserves to experience a Waterford blaa :pac: Also a shame it has to be held during Waterford City’s biggest festival of the year, Spraoi.

There were blaas there last year alright and Dungarvan brewing, both very tasty! Presume these will both be back. I'm sure there was more but didn't get to everything

Sounds like they've taken a step back on the beer front this year.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    There were blaas there last year alright and Dungarvan brewing, both very tasty! Presume these will both be back. I'm sure there was more but didn't get to everything

Dungarvan won't be there this year.

Advertisement