Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Was the 24 cans per person enforced last year? Doesn't really seem like much beer. How much alcohol are you guys bringing?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

I’m planning to bring my premixed tequila and Cointreau which will be likely about a litre and a half, 70 limes and 6 cans of beer.

Done.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

eplady2017 wrote: »
    For those of you in the Tangerine Fields /Boutique camp area last year, was there food stalls available similar to those in the main camp area. Plan to be down 12-1ish on Friday but if I have to wait for main area to open to get grub I may take a few sambos with me.....

Very little in the way of food options in boutique I'm afraid (bar a small food spot with big queues and a coffee van on the way out towards the festival). It's so close to where all the fancy food spots are in front of the main house though, so during festival opening times it's not an issue.

Doesn't help your pre-festival hunger pangs though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

kg703 wrote: »
    I’m planning to bring my premixed tequila and Cointreau which will be likely about a litre and a half, 70 limes and 6 cans of beer.

Done.

:D

I would love to see the face of the security person that opens your bag to find 70 limes. :pac::pac::pac:

deadybai wrote: »
    Was the 24 cans per person enforced last year? Doesn't really seem like much beer. How much alcohol are you guys bringing?

It was 48 cans last year and it wasn't enforced. Hard to say if it will be this year!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Le Bruise wrote: »
    It was 48 cans last year and it wasn't enforced. Hard to say if it will be this year!?

Agreed, I brought 24 cans and a bottle of vodka last year, they hardly looked. The other half brought 24 cans and I think 5 bottles of bucky? No one batted an eyelid.

It is curious that they brought the limit down for this year though.. Anyone have any idea whether that could be a licensing / health and safety regulation type thing?

What was enforced was the only bringing in on first entry, so be aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Very little in the way of food options in boutique I'm afraid (bar a small food spot with big queues and a coffee van on the way out towards the festival). It's so close to where all the fancy food spots are in front of the main house though, so during festival opening times it's not an issue.

Doesn't help your pre-festival hunger pangs though!!

Well at least I know now to bring something with us to tied us over.. Thanks..

I would love to see the face of the security person that opens your bag to find 70 limes. :pac::pac::pac:

Haha did it for EP last year, fresh margaritas all weekend! No better cure

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Haha did it for EP last year, fresh margaritas all weekend! No better cure

Sorry I need to know this! How do you make a margarita in a field? I've a bottle of tequila there that i might just bring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Agreed, I brought 24 cans and a bottle of vodka last year, they hardly looked. The other half brought 24 cans and I think 5 bottles of bucky? No one batted an eyelid.

It is curious that they brought the limit down for this year though.. Anyone have any idea whether that could be a licensing / health and safety regulation type thing?

I brought 48 cans in last year but I don't think I even checked what the limit was beforehand, are we sure it was actually 48 limit last year?

• Advertisement

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Well at least I know now to bring something with us to tied us over.. Thanks..

Of course, like everything, it could be completely different this year...but better safe than sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

showpony1 wrote: »
    I brought 48 cans in last year but I don't think I even checked what the limit was beforehand, are we sure it was actually 48 limit last year?

I think it was 24 again last year because I remember I put my vodka in with my clothes incase they were enforcing it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭sporina

i'd say POD want us to spend more dosh at the festival - less bring your own - more buy here..

We were definitely discussing 48 cans as the limit on here last year (just checked the ATN 2018 forum). Can't find any official confirmation as any online info has been updated.

I do remember thinking it was odd that you were allowed 48 cans but only 2 bottles of wine!

https://screenshot.click/24-51-d9bpw-dahz1.jpg

here's a screenshot of a post on last years thread with a quote from the FAQ - it was defo 48 cans

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I've never seen anyone checked for the amount of booze they're bringing in.

I've never seen anyone checked for the amount of booze they're bringing in.

well I wouldn't say many had more than 48 cans with them - where as if they have halved that this year it could be enforced. the 24 cans thing & one entry with drink only was enforced at Sea Sessions.

At the same time I had 24 cans with me but they didn't thoroughly check my bag so could have a plastic bottle of vodka somewhere there and the cans visible as a work around.

well I wouldn't say many had more than 48 cans with them - where as if they have halved that this year it could be enforced. the 24 cans thing & one entry with drink only was enforced at Sea Sessions.

How were they with say - 12 cans and some vodka?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not to get too far off-topic but having been to my fair-share of festivals..

.. at Sea Sessions, it's the first time I had my wallet checked - and I mean individually checked every card slot, pocket etc.

Christ, it was something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I brought 12 cans, bottle of whiskey & a bottle of Buckfast. They just waved me through

• Advertisement

haha I don't really know the permutations.

I nearly ended up with no cans at sea sessions cause my friends had my cans in their car and were inside already and I assumed had mine in at the tent so I went inside (you were only allowed cans upon getting the wristband) but then found out my friend had to leave mine in the car as was only permitted with 24, and was coming out to give them to me. thankfully us being a little bit older than the demographic in the sea session campsite I was able to explain the situation to security and they let me back out to get my slab.

I think most of the time they'll look in your back pack but not really fully open up your larger suitcase/rucksack so i'd say could definitely throw vodka in bottom there. they also don't physically search you on those bag checks so could have a shoulder down the trousers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

They barely did any checks at all last year from what I saw.

I had ~70 cans, litre of Jameson, litre of Vodka, 4x 750mls of Buckfast in my trolley going in. It wasn't all my own, was preparing to call a friend over to split the allowance but they hardly even looked at it! Noone in my group had their drink 'tallied' as such.

haha I don't really know the permutations.

I nearly ended up with no cans at sea sessions cause my friends had my cans in their car and were inside already and I assumed had mine in at the tent so I went inside (you were only allowed cans upon getting the wristband) but then found out my friend had to leave mine in the car as was only permitted with 24, and was coming out to give them to me. thankfully us being a little bit older than the demographic in the sea session campsite I was able to explain the situation to security and they let me back out to get my slab.

I think most of the time they'll look in your back pack but not really fully open up your larger suitcase/rucksack so i'd say could definitely throw vodka in bottom there. they also don't physically search you on those bag checks so could have a shoulder down the trousers etc.

Being a woman the shoulder down the trouser might raise.. let's say "suspicion" but the bottom of the bag job should be fine.

It's hard to call, because I feel last year it was very chill going in, no searches, hardly a look at the booze in our trolley yoke. I expect things to be a bit tighter this year it being the second year, but there were no incidents last year and you know.. we're all mature adults too so fingers crossed.

Being a woman the shoulder down the trouser might raise.. let's say "suspicion" but the bottom of the bag job should be fine.

Also encourages glass bottles as the plastic coke bottle down the jocks looks obvious too :D

Basq wrote: »
    Not to get too far off-topic but having been to my fair-share of festivals..

.. at Sea Sessions, it's the first time I had my wallet checked - and I mean individually checked every card slot, pocket etc.

Christ, it was something else!

yeah never really been checked myself but upon entering the arena at Sea Sessions they were sticking their hands down that sort of tiny pocket above the main pocket of jeans (obviously a place people may store pills). then other security lads not checking at all bar a pat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Does anyone know or have any experience with how strict they are on gas cylinders for camper vans?
    (Asking for a friend)

dodo87 wrote: »
    Sorry I need to know this! How do you make a margarita in a field? I've a bottle of tequila there that i might just bring :)

Premix your tequila and Cointreau, 2 parts teq 1 part Cointreau before you go down and measure out how much teq you put in. Equal parts lime juice to tequila. Bring some honey to shake in if you don’t like them as bitter (I like them bitter like my soul).

When squeezing limes you need a handheld squeezer otherwise it won’t be worth the time and effort.

Put all lime ends in the compost bins for extra points.

I usually do mine half and half so Juice half and make half on Friday, then do the same early Sunday.

I will have a juicer (prob 2 because a friend does this as well as bloody Marys) so if you need limes juiced I’ll be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Premix your tequila and Cointreau, 2 parts teq 1 part Cointreau before you go down and measure out how much teq you put in. Equal parts lime juice to tequila. Bring some honey to shake in if you don’t like them as bitter (I like them bitter like my soul).

When squeezing limes you need a handheld squeezer otherwise it won’t be worth the time and effort.

Put all lime ends in the compost bins for extra points.

I usually do mine half and half so Juice half and make half on Friday, then do the same early Sunday.

I will have a juicer (prob 2 because a friend does this as well as bloody Marys) so if you need limes juiced I’ll be happy to help.

I'm probably not reading this right but equal parts lime juice to 2 shots of tequila? Am i right in say that would be roughly 3 limes.... i just never seem to get a lot of juice out of a lime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

** KNOW IT ALL NOW! **

IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION ahead of setting off on your journey to next weeks sold out All Together Now. Full details - www.alltogethernow.ie/getting-here

GENERAL INFORMATION - www.alltogethernow.ie/information

F&Q - www.alltogethernow.ie/faqs

STAGE TIME & SITE MAP - will be released early next week with some very special additions to the line-up....☀️🔥⚡️🎪🎡

• Advertisement

Additions ... plural... ooo the anticipation

Advertisement