Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

arrived at 3ish last year, tiniest queue (talking 5 mins max) and not that many people there, opened at the same time as it is this year. Music last year didn't start until late afternoon, so wasn't much point coming down mad early. We don't know yet what time music kicks off yet for this year tho, earlier on in the thread people were suspecting it'll be a bit earlier.

We're leaving a touch earlier this year, aiming to arrive for between 1 -2. It's not a huge festival so queue was it shouldn't ever be really bad, I think.

The point in getting down early for carpark opening is to start with cans early on I would assume? :p

We were queuing for the guts of 2 hours last year in that heat.

But we arrived with the first fleet of buses from Waterford & they only had 1 mens/womens line each for checks at that stage so there was a huge bottleneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

We were queuing for the guts of 2 hours last year in that heat.

But we arrived with the first fleet of buses from Waterford & they only had 1 mens/womens line each for checks at that stage so there was a huge bottleneck.

what time was this?

D.Q wrote: »
    what time was this?

Not sure exactly but arrived in or around 11-11:30 i think.

After about an hour they got more staff on the gate and opened more lines for checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

are we thinking thats it for (big-ish) additions to the line-up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

miller82 wrote: »
    are we thinking thats it for (big-ish) additions to the line-up ?

This is completely wishful thinking, but back along this thread it was mentioned that Nialler 9 said Robyn was playing Ireland this summer it just wasnt announced yet???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Desperately craving an announcement fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Patti Smith playing in Glasgow on Thurs 1st
    Fr John Misty playing Fri 2nd
    The National playing Tue 6th + Wed 7th …

Might be an indicator towards what night they will be on at ATN

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Not sure exactly but arrived in or around 11-11:30 i think.

After about an hour they got more staff on the gate and opened more lines for checks.

Oh that's interesting! Thanks for sharing. I thought gates didn't open until 12 noon last year so maybe that was part of the hold up?

There must've been an initial queue which was then cleared to have a more drip flow of people arriving and being let in?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Was there a spoken word area last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Stillill42

hibsman wrote: »
    Was there a spoken word area last year?

Yeah, there were some tents down by the bandstand. Caught a few bits, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

This is completely wishful thinking, but back along this thread it was mentioned that Nialler 9 said Robyn was playing Ireland this summer it just wasnt announced yet???????

That would presumably be EP if so, last year they announced a host of acts on the Friday of ATN - The Prodigy, Picture This, Death Grips, Gavin James etc.
    If ATN are announcing more, youd have to think theyll be small sized acts.

Oh that's interesting! Thanks for sharing. I thought gates didn't open until 12 noon last year so maybe that was part of the hold up?

There must've been an initial queue which was then cleared to have a more drip flow of people arriving and being let in?

Nah over half the campsite was already full when we got there, but there had been no buses from Waterford before us so possibly was more of a trickle than the hundreds of us that arrived at the same time.

Hopefully they'll have learned from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fwiw, I think it was wishful thinking on his part too. I remember him discussing it on his podcast and he mentioned 3 or 4 venues and 3 or 4 different dates. I think, like most of us, he just presumed she would show up somewhere in Ireland this summer.

At this stage, you'd have to imagine that any Robyn show in Ireland this year would be an indoor show late in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The new Hot Chip album is gorgeous sounding. Pop bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Suckit wrote: »
    It may have been on purpose. Detract a certain crowd, encourage car pooling, less traffic etc..
    I can't see any bad points other than inconvenience. Is it a huge inconvenience?

It won't be a huge inconvenience for most but people staying locally will have a bit of an issue. And, last year I had a campervan and brought a bunch of mates down who were staying in the general camping - I was able to drop them in Portlaw village and there was a very short shuttle bus ride into the festival from there. Anyone doing that this year would either need to drop them off in Waterford, or drop them off at Blue and then exit again and then drive all the way around to Red. Seems pointlessly overcomplicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Just got a load of stuff in homestore and more, great deals there on air mattresses, sleeping bags etc. if anyone looking. Bought a 10000mAh power bank too. Does anyone have a good tip on a decent cooler box for the 3 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kenn0

Hi all on the hunt for a general campervan ticket if anybody has one please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fwiw, I think it was wishful thinking on his part too. I remember him discussing it on his podcast and he mentioned 3 or 4 venues and 3 or 4 different dates. I think, like most of us, he just presumed she would show up somewhere in Ireland this summer.

At this stage, you'd have to imagine that any Robyn show in Ireland this year would be an indoor show late in the year.

yeah, he said on twitter that he thought it'd be in Kilmainham, which obviously isn't happening at this point.

they might have been trying to get her for that Love Sensation festival happening there next month, which is billing itself as LGBT-friendly, which Robyn would be popular with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

She's announced for a UK festival on Saturday of ATN and at a Swedish festival on the Saturday of Love Sensation according to her website. So it certainly seems like she could have played one. Maybe price tag was too much or she didn't want to squeeze another performance in on the Fri/Sun.

It's a shame to have such an Ireland shaped hole in any artist's tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

so whats the story with parking for people driving to and from the festival daily?
    i emailed the festival but got one of those automatic replies.. "Due to the vast amount of emails we receive, we can't respond to every question"..

staying in kilmacthomas if anyone is driving btw.. would prefer not to drive -but get a spin (will contribute to fuel obviously)

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    so whats the story with parking for people driving to and from the festival daily?
    i emailed the festival but got one of those automatic replies.. "Due to the vast amount of emails we receive, we can't respond to every question"..

staying in kilmacthomas if anyone is driving btw.. would prefer not to drive -but get a spin (will contribute to fuel obviously)

Your only issue I imagine would be bringing drink in on the Saturday/Sunday if that was your desire. I'm sure people are well able to come and go through the festival carpark as long as you have your wristband . But trying to bring in a rake of cans on Sunday when you're only meant to bring such and such limits on the first day might result in you getting stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Saw there Sounds From a Safe Harbour just added a Jon Hopkins DJ set. Presume it's a full set at ATN yeah?! https://twitter.com/SafeHarbourFest/status/1153625351156842499?s=19

Eod100 wrote: »
    Saw there Sounds From a Safe Harbour just added a Jon Hopkins DJ set. Presume it's a full set at ATN yeah?! https://twitter.com/SafeHarbourFest/status/1153625351156842499?s=19

He's listed as Jon Hopkins Live on the website. I'm sure they would have it on the poster if he was only doing a DJ set, and he wouldn't have gotten such a high billing (á la Leftfield).

black midi are actually so good, so delighted to have discovered them and then getting the chance to see them because of ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

MattD wrote: »
    Your only issue I imagine would be bringing drink in on the Saturday/Sunday if that was your desire. I'm sure people are well able to come and go through the festival carpark as long as you have your wristband . But trying to bring in a rake of cans on Sunday when you're only meant to bring such and such limits on the first day might result in you getting stopped.

thanks..

era i am not too bothered about bringing in too much beer - i like chilled beer.. happy to buy a few there.. what beer is available to buy at the festival?
    i any event i guess i can bring in cans on the 1st day and leave them in a mates tent..
    or i might park up on Fri eve and leave car there till Mon.. cans in car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Black midi are the best new band on the bill, easily. That video of them playing a 30 minute live set on youtube is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Black midi are the best new band on the bill, easily. That video of them playing a 30 minute live set on youtube is fantastic.

I keep trying and failing to get into them.

But no real complaints: over 30 acts I want to see now. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

BadTurtle wrote: »

Is that the KEXP one in Iceland? It's class

edit: here it is:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Stillill42

llatsni wrote: »
    I keep trying and failing to get into them.

But no real complaints: over 30 acts I want to see now. ��

I'm the same. The will is there but it feels too much like hard work. As you say, plenty more out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm the same. The will is there but it feels too much like hard work. As you say, plenty more out there.

Looking forward to black midi more than anything else on the bill. That Airwaves/KEXP youtube video is outstanding (IMHO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

There's some camping sales on at the minute:

Home store and more

Halfords

Advertisement