Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey valley SC loads of units closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,862 ✭✭✭✭anewme

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Weird size on the smaller two, I'm assuming kfc/bk . McDonalds hardly putting another one. Great location

Yep!

The original plans indicate the four units to be occupied are Costa, KFC, Burger King and Sbarro Pizza.....with drive thru options...

then a massive gym across from li!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

anewme wrote: »
    Yep!

The original plans indicate the four units to be occupied are Costa, KFC, Burger King and Sbarro Pizza.....with drive thru options...

Sbarro, nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Yep!

Drive thru Pizza? How does that work, genuine question BTW. Would have thought it would take too long to cook pizza for it to be a drive thru.

Casey78 wrote: »
    Drive thru Pizza? How does that work, genuine question BTW. Would have thought it would take too long to cook pizza for it to be a drive thru.

No idea - it did not say on the update on planning in the local paper which (or if all) of them had drive thru's ..Don't know too much about that Sbarro pizza, saw it in Newbridge once and it was pre cooked slices, so perhaps it's that.

Would not think Costa wioukd be drive through either so maybe just BK and KFC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

No idea - it did not say on the update on planning in the local paper which (or if all) of them had drive thru's ..Don't know too much about that Sbarro pizza, saw it in Newbridge once and it was pre cooked slices, so perhaps it's that.

Would not think Costa wioukd be drive through either so maybe just BK and KFC.

Pre cooked slices and made to order,. No body thought drive tru donuts would work lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Pre cooked slices and made to order,. No body thought drive tru donuts would work lol

Where are the drive thru donuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Berserker wrote: »
    Where are the drive thru donuts?

Blanchardstown. The Krispy Kreme where they had about 50 cars queueing for the drive thru around 2am and had to change it away from being 24hr within the first month.

That said, it'll be closed before 2019 is out.

there's a donut place in Liffey valley near boots and someone came in the other day with a box of donuts.

Usually stuff like this is scoffed and if you are not there at that minute, you miss out. but surprisingly a (full) donut was left on my desk in a plate.

It was Bacon and maple syrup and was left due be becayse "you eat fancy stuff" but the reality is none of the others would eat it.

What happened to a good old jam
    donut- with the jam in the middle and the little bumps from the fryer! They were the best! Think Elite bakery in Maynooth still do them!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What happened to a good old jam
    donut- with the jam in the middle and the little bumps from the fryer! They were the best! Think Elite bakery in Maynooth still do them!
    You can't beat the Superquinn/SuperValu jam donuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Liffey V is turning into a US style Mall.

Car essential. Go figure.

Everything can be delivered now, but online sales will kill this and other places,

Unless you want/need to be seen there like Dundrum etc. Mad Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

there's a donut place in Liffey valley near boots and someone came in the other day with a box of donuts.

That's Rolling Donut, easily the worst of all the chains that appeared (tbh they had one branch for decades before anyone else) and somehow still going.

Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The new gym in liffey valley is a flyfit gym with monthly membership.

L1011 wrote: »
    That's Rolling Donut, easily the worst of all the chains that appeared (tbh they had one branch for decades before anyone else) and somehow still going.

Awful stuff.

Total rip off also. Couldn't believe the prices when I looked at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

i noticed easons has cut back on its selection of magazines. i never really bought any, just read them. another slow nail in my shopping experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shamrocka330

It has been confirmed that Zara is going in where all the Arcadia units were - it will be one, big 40,000 sq ft unit over 2 floors. Work is beginning on it next week.

Also, TK Max is going in where the old Steakhouse restaurant used to be opposite Penny’s.

Both to open in February.

Great additions to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

emo72 wrote: »
    i noticed easons has cut back on its selection of magazines. i never really bought any, just read them. another slow nail in my shopping experience.

I got a book for my niece in a small bookshop in the Mill Centre before Xmas and cost €10:50. I seen it the other day in the Easons sale in LV for €14:99.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

emo72 wrote: »

These points are related.
    Can't really expect a business to function eternally if customers are using their product but not paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

These points are related.
    Can't really expect a business to function eternally if customers are using their product but not paying for it.

wouldnt argue with that. i usually sit on the seats in the mall while the succubusses bleed me dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Only thought Eason's moved the magazines further down into the back of the shop.

Was there on Xmas eve and they had all the usual mags there.

It has been confirmed that Zara is going in where all the Arcadia units were - it will be one, big 40,000 sq ft unit over 2 floors. Work is beginning on it next week.

Where about in the centre is this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Berserker wrote: »
    Where about in the centre is this??

At the M&S end

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only thought Eason's moved the magazines further down into the back of the shop.

Was there on Xmas eve and they had all the usual mags there.

Its vastly smaller than before, but the number of magazines in print is falling year on year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Also, TK Max is going in where the old Steakhouse restaurant used to be opposite Penny’s.

Is the former Spur Steakhouse really big enough to house a decent TK Maxx?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Is the former Spur Steakhouse really big enough to house a decent TK Maxx?
    Is any TK Maxx "decent"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Both to open in February.

Great additions to the centre.

Your forecast was correct about TK Maxx! (but not opening until next year it seems as a 3 storey unit on west side of SC near Penneys)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/tk-to-the-maxx-as-retailer-rents-new-store-in-liffey-valley-1.3804882?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Would that be the infill between the back of Dunes and Tesco that's currently staff parking. Noticed a fair bit of retail space in Blanch aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Just after looking up the planning application. The unit is going to actually be four stories, with the top three being TK Maxx, and the bottom floor having two restaurants and a smaller retail unit. They’re extending the building out to be level with Butler’s cafe (which is staying), and Gala Cabs and Shopmobility will be gone. The remaining space of the consumed car parking row then becomes an extension of the plaza.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Planning/Details?p=1&l=Liffey%20valley&regref=SD19A%2F0002

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Not shopping related but I see a big Jump Zone/Trampoline Park is going in the old Pirates Cove location

Opening in April

Whatever happened to the Zara store that was supposed to open early this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

An American party ware/decorations etc retailer Party City is opening in the LV Retail Park according to the Sunday Times.

Advertisement