Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Xenji wrote: »
    It was brief, just about 20 minutes of strong gusts, settled down again to normality after that.

Lessened slightly here.. for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Graces7 wrote: »
    Thanks. I was wondering about you up there... and yes a lot more ahead.... met ie have underplayed it?

someone in Castlebar recorded a gust of 87 y'day..

Hasn't been especially windy here other than a few hours yesterday late afternoon, Carrickfinn Airport nearby maxed at around 70kph gusts. Just generally been horrible though, pouring rain constantly with mist and low visibility.

Some good sunshine and calm weather last week in Kildare/Dublin, such a contrast compared to up here

Hasn't been especially windy here other than a few hours yesterday late afternoon, Carrickfinn Airport nearby maxed at around 70kph gusts. Just generally been horrible though, pouring rain constantly with mist and low visibility.

Some good sunshine and calm weather last week in Kildare/Dublin, such a contrast compared to up here

Last night was horrendous here. Non stop blasts and deluges against the windows... no sleep to be had all the night long.... not sure what tonight will bring. West Mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

dirty day here south sligo - temp not bad at 14'c though - yellow warning in place for rain - winds have died down

dirty day here south sligo - temp not bad at 14'c though - yellow warning in place for rain - winds have died down

wind and rain still rampaging here. west mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Well that cold October signal didn't last long, now showing warmer than average.

https://twitter.com/weather_king/status/1049362907207806977

No let up here and the met.ie warnings have been extended and renewed all nig ht and much of tomorrow.. wind and wet
    west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I just heard a big gust and something go bang in the garden - better venture out an assess the damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Fairly strong gusts of wind all day here in Cork City

We are firmly stuck in our very own weather system and nothing of it showing on met ie rainfall map?

Warnings of heavy rain and force 8 gales until tomorrow pm and for the last 48 hours and connections here flickering.

The noise is incredible

West Mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Seems calm here. Meath. Havent been out. 12°

Plenty of rain in the home quarters (Connaught) visible on raintoday.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Great drying out today as the mother would say

Dry, very mild, fairly windy, and the sun is even trying to break through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mid South West
    Travelling today conditions on roads-strong gusts and very windy.

From the forecast for today wasn't expecting winds as strong tbh

gozunda wrote: »
    Mid South West
    Travelling today conditions on roads-strong gusts and very windy.

From the forecast for today wasn't expecting winds as strong tbh

The marine/coastal warnings warnings do speak of 80 k gusts and they certainly are strong. They leak on to land;)

Please take care out there?

lol.... washing would sail away here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

We are firmly stuck in our very own weather system and nothing of it showing on met ie rainfall map?

Warnings of heavy rain and force 8 gales until tomorrow pm and for the last 48 hours and connections here flickering.

The noise is incredible

West Mayo offshore island

Keep safe, I think there is word on a strong one coming in on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The marine/coastal warnings warnings do speak of 80 k gusts and they certainly are strong. They leak on to land;)

Please take care out there?

80km/h gusts are below even yellow warning criteria aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Pissing down here in Donegal still, hasn't stopped at all since Saturday night, utterly miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Pissing down here in Donegal still, hasn't stopped at all since Saturday night, utterly miserable

Same as your post, i'll just replace "Donegal" with Castlebar.

Same as your post, i'll just replace "Donegal" with Castlebar.

I'll second, or rather third that. Hall now flooded with water being driven under the door by the gale and looking at met.ie the dratted "system" has not moved significantly since Saturday... Just... sitting there... they said until 3 pm for the deluges but for the gale?

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Donegal, Mayo and Sligo
    Update to previous warning;

A slow moving band of rain will continue to bring heavy rain at times with additional rainfall amounts of 25-40mm likely.

Issued: Sunday 07 October 2018 11:00

Updated: Monday 08 October 2018 12:00

Valid from Monday 08 October 2018 13:00 to Tuesday 09 October 2018 15:00

marine/coastal
    Status Yellow - Gale Warning
    Southerly winds will reach gale force for a time this afternoon on Irish coastal waters between Slyne Head and Erris Head.

Issued: Tuesday 09 October 2018 11:00

Status Yellow - Small Craft Warning
    Southerly winds will reach force 6 or higher today, on Irish coasts from Malin Head to Carnsore Point to Valentia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sorry to hear your hall is flooded, thats horrible Grace. hopefully a drier day tomorrow before a very unsettled period of weather in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's mostly clear and sunny here. It's 15.6C now. It's fairly windy, though.

Sorry to hear your hall is flooded, thats horrible Grace. hopefully a drier day tomorrow before a very unsettled period of weather in the west.

Thanks. was surprised.... so were the cats... just the gale is driving rain under well fitting door. Would love a break too. Before the next fireworks.... Was not expecting these days to be this bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sun is out and sky is blue now, still fairly breezy, but a perfect day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Sunny and summer like, 17.9c.

I cannot believe the way most people I've seen today are dressed, fleeces, overcoats, padded winter coats zipped all the way up! :confused:
    Its none of my business what people wear but are they not melting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I cannot believe the way most people I've seen today are dressed, fleeces, overcoats, padded winter coats zipped all the way up! :confused:

It's not felt that warm at all in Dublin anyway. The wind is cold and strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s bad how wet parts of Galway have been since the weekend
    Great drying here thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Stop moaning. Embrace it.

Only messing sounds terrible seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Thought the same myself, but they probably thought I was strange in my t-shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thought the same myself, but they probably thought I was strange in my t-shirt.

I was thinking earlier how mild it was
    With the price of oil I’m happy!

Advertisement