Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you go to the ploughing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭alps

Think we just get away without the raingear...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Wakey wakey!!!! Rise and shine!

I'm not going but I just caught a mouse with a flip flop and takeaway container so I'm very awake :pac:
    Are you a woman trying to be a cat - catwoman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I'd say the difference between this year and last year's event was ladt year we had had wet Wednesdays fir a good few weeks beforehand. Ground should be dry underneath. It's very warm this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I'll be there on Thursday for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Onsite. Slight drizzle. No wind and car parks like concrete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Thursday is our only option :(

I’ll be watching reports and the forecast but it’s looking awfully wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

for the first time in years, don't think i'll bother this year. Weather not looking great either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I don’t get this craic of leaving at stupid o clock in the morning to go to the ploughing. I did my jobs, milked for a lad, and rolled into the car park at 12.30 not a car ahead of me.

The car park I’m in is only 2/3 full compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Divil of a shower there now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

doesn't look too crowded :P

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ABlur

First time at ploughing in 5 years. Thought it was better laid out than previous. Tractors beside other tractors, cars beside cars etc. Previously it was all over the place. Seems the grot shops are gone which is no harm. Crowd was manageable, parking fine. Traffic delays in the morning in Cloughan but no problems on the way out. Once that big shower arrived at 3pm there was a mass exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

ABlur wrote: »
    First time at ploughing in 5 years. Thought it was better laid out than previous. Tractors beside other tractors, cars beside cars etc. Previously it was all over the place. Seems the grot shops are gone which is no harm. Crowd was manageable, parking fine. Traffic delays in the morning in Cloughan but no problems on the way out. Once that big shower arrived at 3pm there was a mass exodus.

Still here and great comfort walking around

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Great day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Really enjoyed today, will probably go again next year. I love that site in tullamore, access is so easy. I can't see them doing 4 years in the one spot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Hoping to land around half 2 tomorrow and trapse around til 7.

Most reviews seem positive thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Ground is seriously dry there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Really enjoyed today, will probably go again next year. I love that site in tullamore, access is so easy. I came see them doing 4 years in the one spot though.

In Fenagh Carlow I have heard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

In the chipper now on the way home. I was apprehensive about the weather but apart from a torrential shower at around 3 o'clock it was a grand day.
    I've gone the last 3 years and think the tullamore site is ideal, it's very central even for us in the west.
    All in a great day out and already looking forward to next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

dzer2 wrote: »
    In Fenagh Carlow I have heard.

On the main road above Ballon.
    Fighting cocks area.

Grass has been sowed down for it on the fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

I don’t get this craic of leaving at stupid o clock in the morning to go to the ploughing. I did my jobs, milked for a lad, and rolled into the car park at 12.30 not a car ahead of me.

The car park I’m in is only 2/3 full compared to last year.
    Was there at 7.15am, got into exhibitors car park beside entrance, gone at 3 and back for a few jobs this evening. And I left the road clear for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Reall enjoyed today. Wasn't that keen on going but no traffic, smaller crowd, everyone in good form. Spent a lot of time talking to complete strangers. Got soaked by heavy shower but dried out by time I got to car. Really well organised, in fairness.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Was there today went there last 3 years great site drove straight in at 8 this morning and out at 5 no hold ups. Personally think not what it was say 10 year ago was in market for a chainsaw and only really husqavarna there couple year ago had stihl husqavarna ole Mac and oregen with big stands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Ploughing postponed opening to 11am for general public tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Was there today went there last 3 years great site drove straight in at 8 this morning and out at 5 no hold ups. Personally think not what it was say 10 year ago was in market for a chainsaw and only really husqavarna there couple year ago had stihl husqavarna ole Mac and oregen with big stands

Crowd from Kilkenny had a stihl stand there.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Ploughing postponed opening to 11am for general public tomorrow

There'll be some Q's at the gates at 11.

They may get Reggie with a machine gun to keep order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

There'll be some Q's at the gates at 11.

They may get Reggie with a machine gun to keep order.

We were all set here to leave at 5am! Guess I'll be miilking in the AM

We were all set here to leave at 5am! Guess I'll be miilking in the AM

Every cloud has a silver lining. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Crowd from Kilkenny had a stihl stand there.

Yea was chatting them alright had small selection 5or 6 saws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Anything of note that ye would recommend as a must see apart from the usual stuff.

Going on Thursday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement