Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you go to the ploughing 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Hopefully will get there on the Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Going for the full day on Tuesday with a bus load of teens.

OH and the two small ones are going to drive up and meet me there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Why not? I'll take your free tickets so :D

If they come in the post today. I will post one to you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    If they come in the post today. I will post one to you

Score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Fingerbar would be tidier IMO providing you have straight hedges

You’ll get a contractor though no bother. No shortage of lads about.

• Advertisement

Score :D
    On it's way to you now, hope you bring me back something nice :)

whelan2 wrote: »
    On it's way to you now, hope you bring me back something nice :)

Another hat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Folks if I'm coming up the m8 from Cork direction what way do I head?
    It's my first time going.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

From the NPA
    Traffic travelling Northbound on the M8 will exit at Junction 6 (Horse & Jockey) and proceed to Thurles and onto Templemore and Roscrea on the N62. At Birr traffic will join the N52 travelling northbound via Kilcormac and Blueball and onto the event site at Screggan, Tullamore.

It'll be well signposted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

http://www.npa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018-TRAFFIC-PLAN-FINAL.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Looks like we might be needing the waterproofs & the wellies again this year.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/ireland-may-face-very-disturbed-weather-as-hurricane-helene-hits-1.3628615

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

maconof wrote: »

Might be enough to put me off.

maconof wrote: »

Giving Tuesday dry atm

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Iodine1

If its wet Im staying home. Its the most miserable awful muck hole to have to pay into in the wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Not going this yr.was there last year on the first day and the ground wasn't hectic in parts.with the weather that's forecast for next week I can plough around in ****e on my own place without paying for the privilege of doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

I think we need to redo the poll. I bet everyone will stay at home with the weather thats forecast.

I think we need to redo the poll. I bet everyone will stay at home with the weather thats forecast.
    I went on the Wednesday last year. It lashed rain. I survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Not going this year, went on Wednesday last year, got in early and had everything worth seeing seen by 1:30, the rain came and i sodded off home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Not going to bother. Usually go every year but that is the worst sight. To small and wet. I'd say numbers will be well down this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Blowing a gale here at the moment.....mightn't have to wait til monday to wreck the place.
    BBC is giving the weather very bad next week for the midland s here

• Advertisement

Not going to bother. Usually go every year but that is the worst sight. To small and wet. I'd say numbers will be well down this year.

Never. The attendance always goes up every year........so the NPA says anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Well if the rest of ye are staying at home cause of a few drops of rain then I reckon myself and OH will go for one day. Less people about and we've good quality rain gear :)

Base price wrote: »
    Well if the rest of ye are staying at home cause of a few drops of rain then I reckon myself and OH will go for one day. Less people about and we've good quality rain gear :)

Can't see where all this rain is that's going to be an issue. Tuesday is dry all day and only wet the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Can't see where all this rain is that's going to be an issue. Tuesday is dry all day and only wet the night before

Going on weds hopefully. Was there on weds last year and it piszed down all day. Bought a poncho... looks a bit stupid but a mighty job for the rain... and ya don't get all sweaty either.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Iodine1

Had a look at Jean today, rain, scattered showers and more rain, but looks like we could miss the worst of the storm. Still don't know what i'll do yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Friday BBC WAS giving that the bad weather was crossIng the whole country, this morning they were saying it was swinging north of the country .....so there's hope

wrangler wrote: »
    Friday BBC WAS giving that the bad weather was crossIng the whole country, this morning they were saying it was swinging north of the country .....so there's hope

Met giving Tuesday grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

The plan was to go Thursday but I'll wait and see what the weather does

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Does it be very mucky there if wet? Would I need Wellies or will boots be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    What’s access like?

They have done it a few times already, they have it fine tuned, great to get into and out of the place, but you better study the map that come with farmers journal, take note of your gate and parking colour, and stands near gate, so you can get out without trouble, this is my big issue, also if you ask the lads in yellow coats near gates, they are not always well up on giving directions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement