Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One X TradeUp deal €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Went for the upgrade, notice no differences at all to be honest... but my TV is less than 720p 🙈 — Now I have to drop another bunch of cash upgrading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Inviere

Serbian wrote: »
    but my TV is less than 720p 🙈 — Now I have to drop another bunch of cash upgrading there.

You need to change that TV stat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I think for graphics you may need a clear tv and obviously 4k but i was playing dying light Co-op (awsome game co-op btw!) and i was loading faster than my friend on the S.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I think for graphics you may need a clear tv and obviously 4k but i was playing dying light Co-op (awsome game co-op btw!) and i was loading faster than my friend on the S.

Connecting an external SSD to any Xbox will make load speeds faster than the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I can confirm Smyths still have south park sot for Xbox one for 10 euro as of this morning

Is the external hard to set up? I've no clue so it would be up to a 12yr old setting it up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I can confirm Smyths still have south park sot for Xbox one for 10 euro as of this morning

Is the external hard to set up? I've no clue so it would be up to a 12yr old setting it up
    Which branch?

Lenny wrote: »
    Which branch?

Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭geo88

Got the offer with 2 lego games I've ordered off Amazon, thank you OP!

Just got this. Looked high and low for the cheap games. A lot are gone or out of stock.
    But got yoku’s island express. PS4 and Xbox one €13 each. That’s the best I could get in smyths. Happy with that. They would not except my controller. D pad was dodgy and had a rattle. Fair enough. 2 Young’s kids slobbered all over it and threw it around.
    Cost me €40 extra. Refurb cost. He was willing to take the controller out of the x but I said No.

Give your self time for checks. Go there with your account set up.

Total cost €266.
    She wouldn't take mine back because it had account on it.. Have to bring it back wiped

I did the trade in over the weekend and registered my Xbox today. I see the warranty expires in January 2019. It should last for 12 months. Someone else here mentioned that they got an Xbox with someone else’s account on it.

I’m pretty sure they are giving refurbished models to people who are doing this trade. I don’t think that was made clear anywhere.

Edit: Looks like something funky is going on with my warranty. Probably not Gamestop giving out refurbs.

• Advertisement

I did the trade in over the weekend and registered my Xbox today. I see the warranty expires in January 2019. It should last for 12 months. Someone else here mentioned that they got an Xbox with someone else’s account on it.

I’m pretty sure they are giving refurbished models to people who are doing this trade. I don’t think that was made clear anywhere.
    Really???

Yep. Just checked and actually the warranty should be for two years. My “new” Xbox One X in is 21 months old.

FWs0XTw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Mine was 100% brand new

Carroller wrote: »
    Mine was 100% brand new

Ah ok, well maybe not all of them, but definitely some of them. Two in this thread at least so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yep. Just checked and actually the warranty should be for two years. My “new” Xbox One X in is 21 months old.

One X only came out in November last year. So its not even out a year yet.

dan786 wrote: »
    One X only came out in November last year. So its not even out a year yet.

Yeah, just realised that. I don't know wtf is going on with the warranty so, but something is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, just realised that. I don't know wtf is going on with the warranty so, but something is weird.

Wonder was it a console that was open and tested in the factory for quality control? They may have registered during the process.

Get onto Live Chat with Microsoft and explain what's going on and they should sort you out.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Wonder was it a console that was open and tested in the factory for quality control? They may have registered during the process.

Get onto Live Chat with Microsoft and explain what's going on and they should sort you out.

Nice one, yeah, I'll update my post above as it looks like it's the Xbox and not Gamestop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

geo88 wrote: »
    Got the offer with 2 lego games I've ordered off Amazon, thank you OP!
    Can you confirm what game and console you it traded,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

the corpo wrote: »
    Everytime I visit this page and see the xbox thread has been bumped my heart stops and I think it's the Curry's deal again. I live in hope!

What was the currys deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

jones wrote: »
    What was the currys deal?

Currys/PC World had a 500GB Xbox One S with rocket league and then with Forza for 120 euro plus 5 euro shipping. Wasn't long before they sold out. Unsure whether it was a pricing error or stock clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

I can't seem to find anything on the Gamestop site, is this finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭flashf1

Inviere wrote: »
    You need to change that TV stat :D

LESS than 720p?? How is that possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Shred wrote: »
    I can't seem to find anything on the Gamestop site, is this finished?

Finished on the 9th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Shred

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Finished on the 9th I think

Ah ffs :o

flashf1 wrote: »
    LESS than 720p?? How is that possible!

My TV is an old plasma Panasonic Viera, from 2005 or so. It has a super funky resolution (for a TV) of 1024 x 768. Picture still looks pretty nice, but Xbox cannot deal with the resolution at all — crops almost all games weirdly.

I have 2 copies of xcom can't use them in the 1 euro deal.. Anyone interested in swapping with me who has 2 copies of something else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's finished?

Be half tempted to trade up my switch on this, it's collecting dust...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Be half tempted to trade up my switch on this, it's collecting dust...

Stick it up on adverts, you'll have no trouble selling it and can put a similar amount of money towards this dust gathering console instead.

Advertisement