Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One X TradeUp deal €199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Think I will bite the bullet. Don't have the games though. Will this promo be on for long?

I asked Gamestop this. They said the offer is due to end on the 9th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

What’s the story with my games saves? I just want to start over when I buy this. Is that doable, don’t want to copy over anything over. But my concern is my saves. I assume there all in the cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has any offer on a trade up to xbox one x been on for gamestop before?

They had one last year before the X was out where you could get Fifa 18 and an xbox one S for ~€100 if you trade in your old standard xbox one and any two games (including old valueless games).... I wonder if a (slightly more expensive) offer will come along for the xbox one X and some of the new games coming out like Red Dead 2...

R777B wrote: »
    Has any offer on a trade up to xbox one x been on for gamestop before?

They had one last year before the X was out where you could get Fifa 18 and an xbox one S for ~€100 if you trade in your old standard xbox one and any two games (including old valueless games).... I wonder if a (slightly more expensive) offer will come along for the xbox one X and some of the new games coming out like Red Dead 2...

They had an even better one last year where you traded in your Xbox One without any games, paid €70 and got FIFA 18, another game, and a football shirt with the One S.

Keeping an eye out for something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

What’s the story with my games saves? I just want to start over when I buy this. Is that doable, don’t want to copy over anything over. But my concern is my saves. I assume there all in the cloud?

Yes, all in the cloud. You don't need to do anything, it's all automatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

GrumPy wrote: »
    GameStop Tallaght too busy at 16:30 today to do the trade. Gave a good tip on the games though, you can pick up south park in Smyth's for a tenner if you're stuck for appropriate games for the trade deal.

Anyone happen to know if GameStop take amex?

Thanks for that tip.

Would anyone know another game you could pick up cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Thanks for that tip.

You could buy two of the game just... but i looked and its not 10 euro for that south park game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

And it's not available on smyths anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Thanks for that tip.

XCOM 2 on Amazon for £10. Arrived for me in 6 days

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

2x Overcooked on Nintendo switch at 15 quid each is the next best .

• Advertisement

I reset mine and because it was a bit late. They would not do it as they need to check certain things. Just going to bring it set up tomorrow and have them reset it in front of me.

Decky86 wrote: »
    2x Overcooked on Nintendo switch at 15 quid each is the next best .

It says no multiples at the bottom of the deal page?

Just got this. Looked high and low for the cheap games. A lot are gone or out of stock.
    But got yoku’s island express. PS4 and Xbox one €13 each. That’s the best I could get in smyths. Happy with that. They would not except my controller. D pad was dodgy and had a rattle. Fair enough. 2 Young’s kids slobbered all over it and threw it around.
    Cost me €40 extra. Refurb cost. He was willing to take the controller out of the x but I said No.

Give your self time for checks. Go there with your account set up.

Total cost €266.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Total cost €266.

This. Should only take a couple of minutes if you keep it set up. Otherwise, it's 30+ minutes.

Not sure what you mean here by having your account set up. Do you mean reset to factory settings and set up a dummy account on the Xbox One?

Also wanted to clarify exactly what accessories they're expecting. My understanding is you need to bring:
    • Xbox One Console
    • Working controller
    • Power brick
    • HDMI cable (assume any one will do?)
    • 2x games from the list (with no duplicates)
    Anything I'm missing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

Serbian wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean here by having your account set up. Do you mean reset to factory settings and set up a dummy account on the Xbox One?

Also wanted to clarify exactly what accessories they're expecting. My understanding is you need to bring:
    • Xbox One Console
    • Working controller
    • Power brick
    • HDMI cable (assume any one will do?)
    • 2x games from the list (with no duplicates)
    Anything I'm missing there?

Just leave your account on it and they'll wipe it afterwards

Just leave your account on it and they'll wipe it afterwards

Got you, nice one.

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Lads/ladies....

Can ye just confirm for me - I can trade in any two of those games with my Xbox to get the new Xbox?

I have both of the below in my hand

MxGP3 on Xbox one
    Yokus island express

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Everytime I visit this page and see the xbox thread has been bumped my heart stops and I think it's the Curry's deal again. I live in hope!

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

Lads/ladies....

Can ye just confirm for me - I can trade in any two of those games with my Xbox to get the new Xbox?

I have both of the below in my hand

MxGP3 on Xbox one
    Yokus island express

Yep, any two from the list. Don't have to be Xbox games.

• Advertisement

One last question,

What happens if you don’t have the official Xbox hdmi? Just checked there & I use a different one.

Would they let you still do the swap if you let them keep the hdmi out of the Xbox one x?

One last question,

What happens if you don’t have the official Xbox hdmi? Just checked there & I use a different one.

Would they let you still do the swap if you let them keep the hdmi out of the Xbox one x?
    I'd say worse case you get an extra charge. Price of a cable. Or you can take it out of the new one. I was asked that for the controller but declined.

Don't swap out your hdmi. It could be an older spec cable that you have and not do 4k

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Any working hdmi will do, I gave in a cheap Chinese one

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

I used a random hdmi cable for the trade too, as long as it works I'd say you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Picked mine up yesterday :) Paid 260 without games to trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Anyone that got this seeing much of improvement on graphics. Iv watched all the YouTube videos on comparisons and kinda hard to justify a 260 euro upgrade for me. But then I know YouTube not in 4k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Anyone that got this seeing much of improvement on graphics. Iv watched all the YouTube videos on comparisons and kinda hard to justify a 260 euro upgrade for me. But then I know YouTube not in 4k

Play something with proper enhanced XB1X support. Fallout 4, Far Cry 5, Assassins Creed Origins, Wolfenstein 2, or whatever.

Huge difference on a 1080p set in a lot of games, let alone 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Play something with proper enhanced XB1X support. Fallout 4, Far Cry 5, Assassins Creed Origins, Wolfenstein 2, or whatever.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is gorgeous on the X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I have a European plug on mine.. And mentioned it and he had a random box of wires out the back and replaced it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Yea have heard good reports alright only problem I'd probably have is my broadband is limited and the updates and patches for games wouldn't suit me

Advertisement