Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday August 22 - ( Day 1 York)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Great picks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Vintage Spencer there in the Acomb. Nice after a 5 timer yesterday.

Just cant bring myself to do anything in the big one. I can see about 5 different results depending on how the race pans out. I suppose Poets Word is the most likely but his price reflects that. Although he has almost drifted to a back-able price i think ill just sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

This is one of the races of the season so far for me so a bet is not necessary .

kiers47 wrote: »
    But on initial glance i thought the 2/1 about Cross Counter in the Voltigeur was pretty fair. Kew Gardens has a Group 1 penalty and he looked more at home over the longer trip at Ascot. That race in France last time was a shocking Group 1.
    He will do for me at the price.

Thats the second time Old Persian has done me in a race at 1 of the big festivals after me putting up Rostropovich at Ascot. Grrrrr :rolleyes:

That was good. Got the perfect run unlike last time. Poets Word had a troubled passage but think the best horse under the conditions won it.

Good horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Impressive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The Lion Roars, great ride by Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

ASOT wrote:
    The Lion Roars, great ride by Murphy

Christophe completely set it up for him!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Soumillion won that race, I bet my life that poets word comfortably beats roaring lion if they meet again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Something not right with Aidan's horses, poor show all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Well done lads with RL and EL Astronaute.

Just glad my R/F came in

• Advertisement

Nice 1 gazza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Yet another big race this year sees another very highly rated horse run way below form, Roaring Lion was good today but the close up presence of Thundering Blue shows that Poet's Word was miles behind his 130 OR rating. The Juddmonte turned into another typical big race at York where a top horse gets turned over. It's a weird track, Gosden himself had Golden Horn and Taghrooda beaten there at long odds on.

I quite fancy Poet's Word to bounce back to form in the Arc.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

KINGSTON KURRAJONG & lawmaking in the 7.45 at wolverhampton is tempting at 20's and 14's

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

BumperD wrote: »
    Can you imagine backing cracking smart at 4/1 ante post worst price when most firms were offering 6/1 nrnb for Cheltenham OMG.
    This has to be the best post ever,wow.Well done poster.

Advertisement