Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday August 22 - ( Day 1 York)

Options
  • 21-08-2018 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Opening this up now to get peoples thoughts. Cracking Group 1 Juddmonte to kick off the festival with a clash of the generations . With the 3yr colts olds not exactly firing so far I’d be siding with the fav Poets Word.

O Brien horses still below par (the two in France yesterday ran crap). Interest to see how they fare, I won’t touch them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

The Lockinge is back in May bumper ;)

The International stakes is tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Think the Pentagon at 8s is massive. They're going to go rapid in front with so many front runners in the race and think he'll be staying on very well from the back to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

kiers47 wrote: »
    The Lockinge is back in May bumper ;)

The International stakes is tomorrow.

Haha I was tired fixed now!

I havent really taken a deep deep look at either the Voltigeur or the International tomorrow as of yet.

But on initial glance i thought the 2/1 about Cross Counter in the Voltigeur was pretty fair. Kew Gardens has a Group 1 penalty and he looked more at home over the longer trip at Ascot. That race in France last time was a shocking Group 1.
    He will do for me at the price.

The International is tough but what a race it is. Id say ill just sit back and enjoy it. There will be easier races to work out than that this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Couldn't really touch any O'Brien nag at the moment. Whats the ground like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

The Lion will roar at York

Ground is Good to Firm at the moment Slattsy.

Getting cold feet on Poets Word so I won’t back him, had another look at the race

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ground is Good to Firm at the moment Slattsy.

If it was over further it'd be hard to look past Poets Word, but he has a few lbs in hand and could we be hard to be beat still.
    But he could be vulnerable to a speedier type. Maybe RL as he'll be held onto for as long as possible this time, and could pounce close home, but he's no value. I'll just watch it.

Is Saxon Warrior big on their last run though?? Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

The Juddmonte is a cracking race.

Roaring Lion is flattered by his Eclipse win, Cliffs Of Moher was 2 3/4L behind him in 3rd. Cliffs Of Moher is certainly no world beater so the Eclipse form is meh.

Saxon Warrior could improve on his Eclipse run but I can't see much reason to think he will improve significantly on Sandown. Without Parole is in a similar but even weaker position regarding his chances of improving to win this.

Latrobe is underestimated but he's still not good enough. Thundering Blue is just not good enough.

The two Godolphin horses are dangerous and they're the best outside bets but it's best to keep it simple. Poet's Word has been all class this year and nothing in the field is in his class. The presence of all these other hyped horses just makes Poet's Word good value.

• Advertisement

Have gone with the Watan/Cross Counter double for Day 1. Looks obvious but so did the favs at the last big meeting and those went awry

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Christ ,Imagine backing the value of the KNOWLEDGE of these posters,OMG.

Can you imagine backing cracking smart at 4/1 ante post worst price when most firms were offering 6/1 nrnb for Cheltenham OMG.

I suppose we will find out Stings value shots at about 5pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I suppose we will find out Stings value shots at about 5pm...

If only his internet wasnt ****e we would all be quids in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Happy Boom The Groom day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Can't make my mind up between Roaring Lion and Poets Word so have done the R/F

At Killarney BOUQUET GARNI looks a decent ew bet in the 4.45 at 12s 4 places some firms.
    If you forget it's last run when badly hampered has been running well throughout the summer.
    O Grady also has a good record at the track and slattery back on to take a useful 4lbs off.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Cross counter wins this handy enough surely

Backing the two thunders ew in the big one hoping one gets placed at least

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Went for Nelson at a huge eprice EW, because Pentagon was too short, now pentagon is at the backable price.. Probably have a saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Poets Word has to be the one. Quickens and stays, he's all class and his trainers record in the race second to none(current form is also good) I couldnt have Roaring Lion, he got a bit of luck I thought against Saxon Warrior form at Sandown, in other countries the stewards would have reversed things also Donnacha could have been smarter up the run in. I expect Latrobe to set a nice gallop today for Doyle(top man also) to aim at and to come and sweep on . . banker !!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

York
    1.55 el Astronaute 10/1
    4.15 Speedo boy 17/2
    4.50 Absolute dream 33/1

Killarney

3.05 Avalanche 8/1
    4.45 Alwarda 17/2
    5.20 Happy Company 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I think Poet's Word is the one, showed the battling qualities too in its last race against Crystal Ocean.

I took El Astronaute also e/w at 11/1. Usually runs his race and likes it here at York.

Nice Kiers and AE

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

York
    1.55 el Astronaute 10/1

Well done!

The Mig wrote: »
    Nice Kiers and AE

Cheers will take it. That horse is a model of consistency over the last 18months. Almost always runs his race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Daraa wrote: »
    Well done!

Poster is on fire at the moment. I can't believe how consistently they're knocking in decent priced winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Going with a Cross Counter & Poets World double myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

antietam wrote: »
    Christ ,Imagine backing the value of the KNOWLEDGE of these posters,OMG.

12/1 winner picked by two posters OMG

• Advertisement

Internet is acting up in my villa in the south of France here but El Astronaute is the best handicapped horse in the race 1.55pm.

Advertisement