Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    Nearest the pin Benny79
    Longest drive roadrunner
    3rd place Macker-32 points
    2nd break80-32 points
    1st place-space coyote -41 points
    No 2’s won the day
    Golfer of the year -Double cross.....
    Congratulations!!! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

congrats space great shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

I had 33 Pts off the Whites: does that make me second?? :pac:

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the day. I only got chatting to CharlieIRL.

If you wouldn't mind, could you give some quick feedback on the following (by PM if you want):
    What was the best thing about the course?
    What was the worst thing about the course?
    How was your experience in booking/ organising?
    How was your experience when you arrived?
    If there was one thing you could change about the course/ organisation, what would it be?
    Overall experience/ value for money:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Rosses Point
    Ill give you mine if you like!

The condition was unreal! The Tee boxes were like greens in my home club and dead level. the course was so go condition was Id say it was major standard!

Worse thing- although an easy fix. I was in the last group as we were in contention for player of the year and they let 2 groups of lads out behind us in buggies. I just taught they should of left a gap. As there was Know one behind them and we were a society of 20+ lads all walking so they were going nowhere. But every time I was hitting my tee shot you could hear the buggies driving around the green as the tee boxes were near the greens of the last hole and they were up are arse all the way around which I was trying not to let it affect me but it did a bit.

Booking- cant answer.

Experience when arrived - brillant! I got talking to the club Pro pure gentleman Cant remember his name but he showed me around and we walked on the first tee and he was telling me about the club/course etc you couldn't meet a nicer chap! I think I might of bought his old M2 driver in the Pro shop :D

I wouldn't change anything about the course its unreal. I never checked as I forgot but if they dont sell a stroke saver in the Pro shop they should. As Some people like collecting them on the Top courses (or maybe just me :D) Its very helpful especially on a links course and a good revenue earner! but I was so caught up in testing the M2 I totally forgot to check!

Overall experience - Mad to play it again! Top notch.. and I didnt even play well...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rosses Point
    Well that was a great weekend away!

Friday in Strandhill to kick things off. There was certainly no foreshadowing of what would come the next day for me.

Gotten beaten up by the course & the conditions. According to the pro after the round, we were out in close to 40kmh gusts, and I'd well believe it. The course would have been tough even in benign conditions. There was very little run-off from the fairways, and the rough was very penal. I reckon I lost more balls on Friday than I did in the entire first 9 months of this year.

Finished with 24 points. I think the best score from our group on the day was 32, so I guess its not as bad as it sounds.

Its definitely a course that would need a few rounds as there were a number of shots to blind landing areas. All things considered though, I'd be quite happy to play the course again at some later date...in better conditions.

Couple of photos from Strandhill:

fn8w9z.jpg

30uzom1.jpg

33b3iux.jpg

10i75fs.jpg

I took things fairly handy on Friday night, relative to some of the other lads, and it probably stood to me, as I was feeling fairly fresh on Saturday morning.

The conditions on Saturday were perfect for golf really, very light winds & no rain. A lovely drive out to the course with some great views. Got to the course early enough, so was able to pop around to the range with Charlie & get loosened up with a few full swings. Back then to the practice greens for a few chips & putts before hitting the first tee with TheChamp & Roadrunner. None of us were in the mix for GOTY, so the pressure was off & we could just enjoy the round.

Having dodged the fairway bunker off the tee on the first (was a bit of a recurring theme for me for the round), I managed to hit the green & rolled in a 20-25ft birdie putt for a 4-point starting hole, so had an early cushion. I just kept going from there. Got a few nice, lucky bounces, and managed to take advantage of them to keep my scorecard ticking over.

When we reached the long drive hole, I missed the Fairway (but again dodged the fairway bunker & found a decent lie), Roadrunner hit a nice drive up the middle, as did TheChamp (neither of them were happy with their drives, which was strange given Roadrunner's drive held up & won the longest drive :D). Had around 220 left from my spot, hit a hybrid really well, on a good line. Was aiming to finish just short of the greenside bunkers, but made my way over to the lads on the fairway to find they were telling me about my great shot that had reached the green. Was about a foot short with my eagle putt, but left a tap in birdie, so was chuffed.

Didn't make any more birdies, but had chances that, with a little more positive putting, would have dropped. But for the rest of the round, I just did nothing really wrong. Had 1 poor 3-putt on the 8th hole, which resulted in my only Double on the day.

Finished with:
    2 Birdies
    7 Pars
    8 Bogeys
    1 Double

79 Strokes, 41 Points.

The lads afterwards were saying I must have putted great, drove great, etc... being honest, I would say that I didn't do any one thing "great" on the day, I just did nothing badly. It rarely happens that everything is functioning on a single day, so was great to put it all together (and put to bed the trauma of losing the Captains Prize a couple of years ago on a countback to Big Easy ;))

Roadrunner probably should have placed on the day. He hits the ball a mile & took some aggressive lines off the tee. Struggled with his short game a bit which was costly, and maybe Captains Prize is not the day to be going full-on Bryson!

TheChamp had a few very nasty lies to contend with, and unfortunately knocked down a few shots. Had a few excellent holes, and hit some great lines off the tee, but just couldn't get his scoring going on the day.

A couple of photos from the Captains:

xqeyco.jpg

fn4xdt.jpg

2d83z1e.jpg

iz3rcz.jpg

2126dmg.jpg

So, overall a fantastic couple of days. Sligo is a great town & the courses were a spectacular setting. Post Punk did a superb job with the whole weekend, and was a fantastic captain. Played with him on Friday in Strandhill & his driving has come on massively since the last time I played with him.

Looking forward to next year. Cheers Lads

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    That was some score Space! and there's me and Brian thinking 30 pts has this! lol.. Super stuff mate well deserved! and the dancing wasn't bad either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rosses Point
    Well Friday wasn't half blowing a savage gale and it was very intimidating standing up there on the elevated first tee and not knowing what would happen. As it turned out I scored pretty well in Strandhill but to be honest, I don't think I played all that good, just solid and rode my luck on a few occasions. Standing on the first tee, I figured I should hit 3 wood off the tee because I needed accuracy and thankfully it came out of the middle with a nice draw. Greenside in 2 on the par5 and a nice par to start but missed a handy enough putt on the second after putting my chip to about 6 foot. My only lost ball of the day came on the fourth hole when I turned my draw into more of a hook. 3 wood went back in the bag and the driver came out and I salvaged a 6 out of the index 2. Missed my first real chance for birdie on the 5th from about 10 foot. I loved the rolling undulations on that fairway though, it looked awesome. A ridiculously bad tee shot on the 7th found the middle of the green... the 14th green that was :o Finally got my birdie on 16 after being long with my approach which stopped on the top of the hill behind the green. I was almost at the green before I realised that it had come back off the hill to about 3 foot. :D
    I struggled on the greens, they were nice and smooth, but slow. Very slow. And I found there was very little breaking in the putts. I think I had 4 or 5 3putts. Tee boxes were poor. Standing in dips and hollows, I found very few of them anyway level. Playing off the whites, we were pushed right back, but it is not an awfully long course, unless you are into the wind of course :eek:
    13th was a standout hole, very tough intimidating tee shot and a fantastic approach to the green.
    I think the rough was ridiculous. At the end of the day, we are amateurs out to have fun. It is no fun trapsing around looking for balls on nearly every hole after you missed the fairway by the narrowest of margins. Loosing balls in the thick rough is just not how I like playing golf. I lost a few provisionals, but just got lucky a few times with finding my first balls, but then you nearly break your wrist trying to hack it back out into play :(
    Closed out with 32 points which I was reasonably pleased with considering I didn't know the course and the condition was tough.

So few beers Friday night, maybe 1 to many but not excessive. A bad sleep though didn't really leave me set up well for Saturday when I arrived at the course only to realise that I had totally forgotten to charge up the battery after Strandhill!!!!!! A quick 20 minutes charge and cosying it around saw me luckily only having to push it up 17 & 18. but they were 2 rotten hilly holes!

So everyone was tipping me for the win on Saturday but I never really felt it, I was hoping to shoot about 32 again and I would be very happy. I figured the winner was going to come from one of the few guys who had played the course before. Our group didn't have any experience and you need it. It was the type of course I could play tomorrow and I would play so many different shots with the knowledge I picked up from playing it before.

Conditions were near perfect. I flushed a nice draw up the first with my 3 wood, on the green in 2 and a terrible 3 putt to start with. Just like strandhill, I found the greens very slow and I only made one putt of note all day long and that was on the 17th. Most times I was coming up 6 or 7 feet short. I think I had 6 or 7 3putts. Lost only one ball on the long drive hole, sliced it out right. it was a much fairer course I found than Strandhill, and balls were not immediately lost if you didn't hit fairways. There were some places alright where you were never going to find a ball, but to be honest, if you hit your shot in there, you probably deserved to loose it. a poor 10 points ont he front 9 was bolstered with a more solid 16 on the back, but really if I could have gotten the greens, I could have been in the hunt for a prize, but as for the win...…….. 41 was not something I had in my locker so a huge congrats to Space on an amazing score. It was great to see the captains being won by such a great society member.

I had the honour of playing Friday with Charlie, great fun and banter as always and on Saturday with newindublin who I had never met before, a gent and my word he hit some serious golf shots, a future winner for sure. My guest Willie played both days with me and I think we might have roped in a new member for next year as he felt very welcomed and enjoyed the great spirits and banter we enjoyed all weekend.

Thanks to Post Punk for organising the whole year, we have almost finished it in style, just to wrap it up now in the jug next month. I haven't gotten out this year as much as I would have liked as events off the course took over. But I am honoured to be chosen as a captains pick for the team, so practice hard now and roll on New Forrest.

Best of luck to Benny next year, the society will be in safe hands with a passionate captain who has already hit the ground running.

Well done all and it was a nice finish to the weekend last night watching Tiger finally complete his comeback. what a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Rosses Point
    What a great weekend, cracking courses. County Sligo simply spectacular, being very lucky with the weather.

Sadly I could not stay for the celebrations as I had to come back home after the game.

Was a tough test in Strandhill, started very well but as always the frustration of a few bad shots dragged me down. Nevertheless I enjoyed it very much with spacecoyote, break80 and the captain. Some nice piccies: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WaRiLG819zckSsCy5

And County Sligo, what a course! I did the same, starting very well but game went down the drain with 6 scratches :confused: It was great company with Davo19 and Mike Murphy, really enjoyable. Piccies: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qNqXAPWaZe9ado3PA

Thanks for a great weekend Captain, Benny has a tough year ahead to compete with this year. Pity I could not play more than 3 events this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Was a great day with great company Saturday. The golf started off average with a scratch on the first. Which on recollection seems like one of the easier holes on the course.
    Managed to somehow turn with 16 playing pretty average stuff. But it caught up with me on the back 9 and scratched the first 4 holes. That was my day done. Pretty poor 9 points back for a disappointing finish but a great day to be out.
    The course was great. I thought there were some holes in the middle that were quite bland and forgetful but overall was a nice course and very well kept.
    Great to be out with 2 stalwarts of the Boards Golf Society in Tiger and Break80.

Well done to spacecoyote on a fantastic round. Myself and Break80 were thinking as we went around there was a 40 pointer out there with the conditions so benign. So wd on prooving us right. :D

Well done to Post Punk on a successful year and best of luck to incoming captain Benny.

Rosses Point
    jarrieta wrote: »
    Was a tough test in Strandhill, started very well but as always the frustration of a few bad shots dragged me down. Nevertheless I enjoyed it very much with spacecoyote, break80 and the captain.

After the way you started I was really surprised by your handicap, was great golf over those opening holes, definitely have plenty of scope to get the handicap down & become the Ryder Jug Spanish influence on team boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

Rosses Point
    Back to reality today🙄 after a great weekend. Well done to post for sorting a great course and hotel for us. Everything was spot on.
    I agree with Seve 're Strandhill. Tee boxes a bit bumpy and the course not very forgiving even after a bad bounce from the fairway. The course and weather let us start as men but sent us home as boys😂😂.
    Played with Space I had a feeling he might do well Saturday as his ball striking was nice and crisp but after putting it out there it was in the lap of the gods when the wind got hold of it.
    Then came Saturday and what a difference.
    Fantastic course in excellent condition from tee box to green.
    If you were off line you had some chance of staying in the hole not like Saturday.
    I played with Kiers and Tiger. 2 gentlemen who always make the day a good laugh.
    Tiger got ahead in the front 9 but I managed to haul him back and take a rare fiver from him ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜.
    We were saying low 30s might have a chance as Captains is always surprisingly low be it nerves,course,hangover etc but space stood up and came in with an excellent score. Well done delighted for him.
    A pleasure to play with.
    Thanks again to everyone for making it a great weekend. Great laugh in the pubs.
    I will make the trip to Sligo again. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Glad to hear that you all had a good weekend and that the course was in great condition. :)

I played there last year and the greens were extremely poor. I would have needed 20 minutes practice putting on the beach to adjust to the amount of sand that they had on the greens that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Well done Post punk on a great year. Sorry i couldn't join ye but i got to welcome my new daughter. Great scoring Space, that score deserve the win. Not sure how GOY came my way but I'll take it, did timgolfer not turn up? Guess we're going to Athy next year :)

Rosses Point
    Well done Post punk on a great year. Sorry i couldn't join ye but i got to welcome my new daughter. Great scoring Space, that score deserve the win. Not sure how GOY came my way but I'll take it, did timgolfer not turn up? Guess we're going to Athy next year :)

Congratulations doublecross!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Break80

Rosses Point

Well that's a weak excuse for not showing upðŸ˜ðŸ˜.
    Well done. Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I came down on Saturday Morning, chauffeured by bigchap, warmed up and went out with thechamp and spacecoyote. I was packing some savage looking one length irons for the day that I had never used before, also my links pedigree is questionable. I wasn't expecting much. I pretended I was put-out that tigerwood didn't want to do a sidebet. But secretly I figured I just saved myself a fiver.

The course was great. I visited earlier in the year during the dryest of the summer. Seeing the course green on a calm day was great. I loved the course, I could play it everyday. The welcome in the course is great. We were approached by random members in the clubhouse afterwards hoping we enjoyed it. We did. It just seems like a great community who enjoy their course to the fullest. The food was great and other minor interactions with members in the clubhouse and course were friendly, I also remember a member helping us with the line on the 18th and great friendly barstaff.

My driving (driver/3wood/2ironing) was decent on the day. My putter was mostly behaving itself too. I normally can't get these two things happening together. My irons and wedges left me though. The one length experiment didn't go well. Too often I'd get myself into a good position off the tee then Blade a wedge through the back or scutter it short into a bad position, then duff the chip. Interesting to see 32pts in 2nd position then. I had two short missed putts. Had those gone in I'd somehow have matched 32, which is strange as I really didn't feel at the races at all out there.

It was clear from the start that space was on a score. Don't get me wrong, he hit some good shots. Some nice clever chips and things. Nice putt on the first. Lovely hybrid on the 5th from off the fairway. But he got his score not by spectacular individual shots but by making every shot he hit count. A learning experience I need to take note of.

Thechamp had played the course before. He has some links experience, and it showed at times. Almost took a set of golfballs on the longdrive hole too if mine hadnt landed on the downslope and his went into the upslope :D Ultimately it was always space's day though and we were just the sideshow.

It was nice to get some golfballs for rolling a ball down the hill on 5, but by far my highlight of the day was an unexpected nod in my direction from PP at the end of his captain's speech. It's an honour to get the final captain's pick for the jug! I can't wait to line up beside the rest of the lads on the first tee in October.

I was enjoying good craic in Sligo, which is a belter of a town, but started feeling unwell very early on. I turned in probably not long after 9pm which is an utter crime. I know I missed a good one. Wasn't well next day, and still a little funny typing this. Disappointing to miss out on most of the night, but thankfully I was 100% for the golf.

Unfortunately I had to miss out on a chunk of the year this year and only made about half of the events. But congrats to captain for setting up a great year with a great finish. Big thanks again for the final jug place.

I had 33 Pts off the Whites: does that make me second?? :pac:

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the day. I only got chatting to CharlieIRL.

If you wouldn't mind, could you give some quick feedback on the following (by PM if you want):
    If there was one thing you could change about the course/ organisation, what would it be?

Well, it sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks to Benny79 for the replies to the "mini-survey"! Any more takers?

Setting and layout. Exciting, challenging without over the top difficulty. Friendly.

No selection of good beers afterwards, barman was great though. If I was nitpicking I'd say Range was well out of the way, not much you can do about that. Balls tokens were quite reasonably priced.

N/A for me

Excellent. Warm & felt welcome. Very nice positivity from other members. You don't always get that as a society on good courses!

Had there been a better choice of beer at the bar for me (a nice IPA!) it would have really cemented it for me as THE perfect day.

Thumbs up!

Rosses Point

Congratulations doublecross!!

Rosses Point
    Not sure how GOY came my way but I'll take it, did timgolfer not turn up? Guess we're going to Athy next year :)[/QUOTE]

yeah Tim couldn't make it. So me & Brian were out last we handed it to you! So expect you at every outing next year in return :D

Congrats on the new arrival!

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    Well, it sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks to Benny79 for the replies to the "mini-survey"! Any more takers?

Best thing for me was probably the scenery and te setting. I loved the whole front area with the hotel down past the putting green. it just looked old school, and class.

I was trying to figure out what that huge stately home was the far side of the estuary when playing 10th-12th. Lisadell House?

Worst thing was the greens. Ah no, that sounds unfair, they were fine, but very very very slow and probably as a result of that, not as much break in them as there might normally be. But that is just me being pedantic and having to pick a bad thing about the course, so naturally it comes where I scored poorly :rolleyes:

Food was only ok. I asked for a steak. maybe I should have gotten a burger.

I didn't organise but I do know the lads looked after our gaffer very well.

On arrival I didn't do much more than buy a few tees in the pro shop. Its nicely stocked

What would I change? Get the rollers out on the greens :D

Great experience and good value at what we paid.

Rosses Point

good times
    congrats Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rosses Point

Congratulations on both fronts Doublecross. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Top notch course, amazing views. Loved the setup on most holes, strategic bunker placements and punishing but not unfair rough.

I did not think 17 and 18 really lived up the rest of the holes. 17 had a funky landing area for your first shot, that could really punish good drives. 18 was kind of a throwaway hole, did not feel like it was a great end to an otherwise great course.

N/A

Really great! Having driven up the night before but not met up with the party crew I got plenty of sleep and arrived a couple of hours early to check out the clubhouse and course. I ended up meeting the local captain, he was very welcoming. Inside the pro shop they were also very welcoming and even loaned me a 3 GAPR iron/hybrid to try for the day.

As mentioned before 17 and 18 felt like they need work. 17 would be an easy fix at least.

Great value when playing society rates!

As for the day in my view:
    I drove down the night before and stayed in Strandhill. My wife was originally going to come and make a little get-away weekend of it, but she did not feel great and so it was just myself in a romantic room with a view. I got in a bit late and just went to bed early rather than try to meet the Strandhill crew

The next morning I got the course early and walked around some. Very nice setting, kind of reminds me of St. Andrews with the town just over the little wall next to the course. There were more than a few townsfolk watching the putting greens, which was for sure an interesting way to warm up! I made the drive across the course to the driving range as well, it was it bit unnerving to be trying to look every direction to not be driving in front of golfers when I did not know the layout of which way they would be playing from.

I played my round with Seve OB and his guest Willie. Both were great to play with, thanks lads and look forward to the next round.

My play was up and down. Having recently recovered from a back injury, I don't think I could have hoped for much more. Ball striking was not as consistent as I am used to, with far to many chunks or thins on my approach shots. Generally solid chipping and putting helped keep me away from scratches though. Eventually I was able to pull out a few long putts once I got comfortable with the greens speed, they were for sure playing slower than I expected. 29 points was more than I was expecting, but left me hungry for just a few more points to place. Next year!

Loads of fun Saturday night, I had to take a cab home at 1AM and most of the lads were still going strong at that point.

Finally, congratulations to space, well done!

Rosses Point
    I did not think 17 and 18 really lived up the rest of the holes. 17 had a funky landing area for your first shot, that could really punish good drives. 18 was kind of a throwaway hole, did not feel like it was a great end to an otherwise great course.

I think 17 is a great hole, but I do agree with the landing area. One could say, don't hit it so well and lay up short of the run off (where you have to get really lucky not to get a really bad lie) but it is such a long hole you need to get every bit of distance you can out of the tee shot. really, if the fairway was pushed a little right at that point there and made fairway as opposed to rough, it would make it a better hole. hell, go full hog with the run off area and stack the rough up and just bend the fairway. then it would be savage.

18. i'm never a fan of blind shots. doglegs I can live with, you generally have something to aim at, but over hills with no idea what lies ahead is not the making of a good hole. I would either try and elevate the tee box or bulldoze an alley down the fairway.

one thing I love with links courses is when you get in amongst the dunes (eg 13th in strandhill) shame there is none here.

Seve OB wrote: »

I was trying to figure out what that huge stately home was the far side of the estuary when playing 10th-12th. Lisadell House?

Worst thing was the greens. Ah no, that sounds unfair, they were fine, but very very very slow and probably as a result of that, not as much break in them as there might normally be. But that is just me being pedantic and having to pick a bad thing about the course, so naturally it comes where I scored poorly :rolleyes:

Food was only ok. I asked for a steak. maybe I should have gotten a burger.
    Yes, that's Lissadell House.
    We are into our 2nd year of a 5 year programme on the greens. The plan is to replace the meadow grass with bent which is more hard-wearing and part of the natural flora by the sea. There is a bit of anthracnose in some of the greens which attacks the meadow grass so it's being left to do its thing in a controlled manner, hence some of the little dead patches. Due to the severity of the good weather and recent verti-draining & over-seeding, they are being left a little long and slow at the min (but they do get rolled relatively regularly!)
    Food is normally quite nice so a bit disappointed to hear that. Have the burger the next time you're here :)

Rosses Point
    Chipping, to avoid repeating, I would agree with the lads, really nice setting and good classic links. I didn't find the greens that slow, not lightning fast but not terribly slow.

Agree with SeveOB on the 17th and 18th, had a good drive that run the fairway and still had plenty of speed and got tangled in a horrible lie. I scratched the 18th because I wasn't sure what to hit and could not see the right red/white marker (didn't read your update), I am not great when I cannot visualise what I have to hit.

The rest was amazing and we were blessed with the weather, food (steak sandwich) was great too and very welcoming people (members and staff).

Is there an open week? Would love coming back next year

17 and 18 played better much for me on my second play through in fairness after you know what you are dealing with. They make you think. I had three different clubs in my hand on the 17th tee before settling on driver.

The green on 18 is very complex. Requiring approach from a specific angle. I hit driver again solidly to rhs and with only about 50-60m left into the middle-of-green pin, you'd be thinking the job was done. But no it's was a shocker of an approach from that side.

jarrieta wrote: »
    Is there an open week? Would love coming back next year

Yes, there is. It's from Sat Bank Holiday in August to following Sun (9 days). Usual rates are around €45 for non-members.
    There are also packages available for RP/ Strandhill/ Enniscrone/ Carne or some combination. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Yes, there is. It's from Sat Bank Holiday in August to following Sun (9 days). Usual rates are around €45 for non-members.

I assume you need GUI membership to get that rate?

I ask because I have let me local membership lapse, not sure if I will re-join next year.

Advertisement