Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    Break80 wrote: »
    Terry send me a pm to arrange collection Friday morning.
    There is plenty of room if you are bringing a guest.
    I’ll buzz you there tomorrow break80

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Having missed the last outing with an injury, I have been concerned about being able to play. Happy to say I played my first 18 since my injury over the weekend with no problems after. I did hire a buggy as a precaution, but feel I could have managed without one.

https://youtu.be/Su_D68UF4FI

This video has me very excited to play, rain or shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Yes looking forward to swapping it back for the captains trophy, hopefully doublecross has kept it in better nick than the player of the year trophy:).

I used to drink Champagne from it every night. The sad thing is I actually tried to clean it. Captains trophy was shining when I handed it over to Keirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I used to drink Champagne from it every night. The sad thing is I actually tried to clean it.

Apparently that's called alcoholism so it's probably for the best that it moves on to a new home. Thanks for cleaning it for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rosses Point
    is there a gym/pool/sauna/jacuzzi in the hotel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

enjoy the weekend & GL lads :) hopefully I'll be involved in the society more next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rosses Point
    Seve OB wrote: »
    is there a gym/pool/sauna/jacuzzi in the hotel?

Facilities list a Gym, but no mention of a pool/sauna/Jacuzzi

Rosses Point
    Facilities list a Gym, but no mention of a pool/sauna/Jacuzzi

well lets be honest about it..... I'll be skulling pints

do I really want a gym???? :D

Jacuzzi would have been nice to relax the muscles before the big event.

Rosses Point
    tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Hi lads i have managed to get friday off, are all the 12 spots booked taken ? either way i will be going down friday so if it is all full my cadding services are availible to the highest bidder.

Tiger I gave them a buzz twice but got no answer and then work just took over and I forgot.
    I see there are 2 lines free and 1 and 10 past 1. I think our times were 1.30 1.40 and 1.50.

I'm guessing if a few lads got there a bit early they could go out in one of those slots with you?

At this stage I've forgotten who is even playing on Friday! Probably should have put it on teamer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I can go out anytime, I don’t mind. Am Free after I drop kids to school at 8:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Wow! Rough in Rosses Point today: there won;t be a tree left standing on the course for Saturday :)

Rosses Point
    Wow! Rough in Rosses Point today: there won;t be a tree left standing on the course for Saturday :)

so I can leave the saw at home so :D

Hopefully it’ll blow away all the rough!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Rosses Point
    Do links courses have trees?? :D

If you look reeeeeally closely on the RHS of 16th green, there's a sycamore tree: it's about 2 1/2 feet tall and has been there for about 20 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Looks like Saturday might be ok looking at the look ahead forecast.

They must know i'm a major fair weather golfer!!! :pac:

Rosses Point
    Yep Saturday looking like the best day of the weekend, at the moment.

Not looking quite so hot right now for the Strandhill crew on Friday. Hopefully it blows out through the morning & gets a bit clearer in the afternoon

kiers47 wrote: »
    Looks like Saturday might be ok looking at the look ahead forecast.

They must know i'm a major fair weather golfer!!! :pac:

Will the shorts be out?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Rosses Point
    The wheel came off my trolley the one and only time I've played Strandhill, my first go at links golf. Didn't quite respect the dunes enough. This time I'll do well to keep the wheels on everything else!

Growing up in the West I've always wanted to play Rosse's Point, so really looking forward to the weekend. Looks like we've been lucky with the weather. I'll aim to be in Strandhill around 1pm, that way I should make one of the slots, cheers Seve.

Safe journey everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    Looking like Saturday is the best alright!! Who are we tipping for the win ? I’m gonna say Seve or Kiers.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Seve OB wrote: »
    Tiger I gave them a buzz twice but got no answer and then work just took over and I forgot.
    I see there are 2 lines free and 1 and 10 past 1. I think our times were 1.30 1.40 and 1.50.

I'm guessing if a few lads got there a bit early they could go out in one of those slots with you?

At this stage I've forgotten who is even playing on Friday! Probably should have put it on teamer!

Thanks Seve i am hoping to be down there for 12:30ish, with the weather forecast i think i will play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rosses Point
    Really looking forward to playing Strandhill as a warmup to the main event. Myself and TheChamp should be there for around 12:30. First time to hit the clubs in two weeks so should be interesting.

Rosses Point
    Looking like Saturday is the best alright!! Who are we tipping for the win ? I’m gonna say Seve or Kiers.......

Thanks.
    That's the mockers put on me now anyway :(

I’m gonna say Seve or Kiers

Bigchap. Has a links game and knows his way around here now like the back of his hand.

Rosses Point
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    Bigchap. Has a links game and knows his way around here now like the back of his hand.

Was leaning this way myself. Figured the winner could be coming out the first group, Golfgraffix & BigChap both have links pedigree & long hitters playing off forward tees. And never discount Big Easy who can raise his game for the big events (I know, I lost a captain's prize to him a couple of years ago :()

Rosses Point

he can't win... can he?
    is he not playing as a visitor?

So there's only a subset who can actually take home the prize. This increases my chances :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I’m gonna say Seve or Kiers.......

Im sh*te on links. No chance of winning.

Be happy to break 30points.

Was leaning this way myself. Figured the winner could be coming out the first group, Golfgraffix & BigChap both have links pedigree & long hitters playing off forward tees. And never discount Big Easy who can raise his game for the big events (I know, I lost a captain's prize to him a couple of years ago :()

Why aren't ye playing off the White tees, ya big girls blouses??

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    So there's only a subset who can actually take home the prize. This increases my chances :D

14 people can win from my count

Advertisement