Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2018/2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Kutebride wrote: »
    More blue skies. Wow. Dublin 2

Meanwhile it is 8c and cloudy here as it has been all week except for a spell yesterday.

Edit:- According to ME it's only 8c in Dublin too? Thought from posts here it was mid teens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

fire lit in cork city and heating on, doesn't feel very warm today. Heating has had to come on for at least an hour every day to take the nip out of the house

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

fire lit in cork city and heating on, doesn't feel very warm today. Heating has had to come on for at least an hour every day to take the nip out of the house

Well it is still February so an hour a day isn’t bad..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

km79 wrote: »
    Well it is still February so an hour a day isn’t bad..........

in comparison to up the country, i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Castlebar co mayo 27/02/19 17.40 temperature 12°C
    XDV8ys8.jpg

• Advertisement

Yesterday's temperatures in ireland
    Athenry 17
    Casement 17.2
    Cork airport 12.4
    Dublin airport 14.5
    Finner camp 16 2
    Knock airport 14.6
    Mt dillion 16.5
    Shannon airport 15.1
    Valentia 17.2
    Roches point 11.9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Didn’t think it was in any way mild today! My hands were freezing when I came back from a walk at lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭highdef

leahyl wrote: »
    Didn’t think it was in any way mild today! My hands were freezing when I came back from a walk at lunchtime

I walked for an hour today at lunchtime in Dublin and although it was slightly cooler than yesterday, I had no need for a jacket. I saw one young guy pass me with a big heavy winter jacket, gloves and woolly hat on whilst I was in a short sleeved t-shirt. We gave each other funny looks due to our contrasting choice of attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Meanwhile it is 8c and cloudy here as it has been all week except for a spell yesterday.

Edit:- According to ME it's only 8c in Dublin too? Thought from posts here it was mid teens?

.....and some contrast in Meath .......savage Fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Foggy again in Dublin 5.

• Advertisement

It maxed out at 13c at Dublin Airport. Fog was more of an issue today, persisting well into the morning and returning again in the late afternoon so would've been unlikely to get any warmer with the limited amount of sun available today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fog an issue for many today and showing up well on the Sat Pic, blue skies here around Tralee and the highest temperature so far this week getting up to 16.9C at my site . Fires on the mountain this evening .

NASA

tNhjV9N.jpg?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Fires on the Wicklow hills today and smoke trail from them.

5oQAKO7.png

vent_uk-13_jmp0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

View from my window this moment last year when the epic lamp post watching began.

yK9cDerg.jpg

Thick fog right now in Dublin 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Might be cool to share a few pics from this time last year! Reminisce about a historic event.

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Might be cool to share a few pics from this time last year! Reminisce about a historic event.

It would be nice but I don't think this thread "Chat Winter 2018/2019" is the correct place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Flew from Weston this afternoon after the fog had cleared and retreated well to the north. Beautiful on the ground but in the air it turned out to be the worst visibility I've ever flown in. The haze at 2000 ft was pretty bad and made for difficult navigation. The inversion was at about 3000 ft and above it, crystal clear and infinite visibility. Absolutely no wind at any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ah the memories this morning last year

2-FA79-B5-C-4186-4404-8-D63-E65-BDCECC67-C.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

May be a new thread should be created for reminiscing over last year.

Cork airport 28/02/18
    2ge3E7w.jpg

tDmMnuL.jpg

• Advertisement

Lucreto wrote: »
    May be a new thread should be created for reminiscing over last year.

Agreed, let's not clog up this thread with photos of past events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

highdef wrote: »
    Agreed, let's not clog up this thread with photos of past events.

Twitter is full of this,all competing for likes
    I've put them all on mute for a month
    Boring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nothing wrong with the pictures, well except for bringing back the strong feeling of jealousy of hardly getting anything from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah it’s nice to look back at one or two pics especially when there’s nothing else happening in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Xenji wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the pictures, well except for bringing back the strong feeling of jealousy of hardly getting anything from it.

What part of the country are you in? Drifts up to my waist at the peak of the snowfall in my area of west Cork.

New ross bypass bridge under construction 27/02/19 (pic bam ireland)
    oxx8fGI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Warm and sunny in Galway at the moment. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭pauldry

We got way more snow from the end of January 2019 than any of the beast gave us.

Next week might see more white mornings of hail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Dull dull dull. Meath.
    Miss those blue skies from last three days in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What part of the country are you in? Drifts up to my waist at the peak of the snowfall in my area of west Cork.

Mayo, Belmullet and the Galway border got a few decent falls, but otherwise we had about 2 late night falls that only accumulated an inch or two in Castlebar.

Advertisement