Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2018/2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Lucreto wrote: »
    This time last year I went to bed and woke up to 4 inches of snow.

Depressing myself now. :(

This time last year, I went to sleep at 5am because I was watching the snow in awe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Those fires were lit by somebody :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 16.4C here near Tralee today and 16.6C yesterday. Surreal to see the amount of people out cutting their grass in town and loads of farms with cattle out in the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yeah fair play to the fire crews tackling these blazes tonight. A few homes were under serious threat and one was not so lucky in the Hollywood Hills area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Incredible weather lately some record breaking stuff strange the way there’s very little talk about it yet we get a threat of a bit of sleet and we would have a 50 page thread😂😂

• Advertisement

An even nicer morning today, there's a nice pink colour in the sky along with orange and blue. Cold as well with slight haze, feels wintry to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭secman

A good spin off for me , yesterday I dipped the oil tank... it's half full. This time last year I was concerned with running out of oil. :):)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A lot of smoke over and coming from the Dublin Mountains this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 27/02/19 7.25 temperature 2°C
    V7WcNBf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Was lovely and sunny here in ashbourne with clear skies until about 10 mins ago. Fog has now rolled in. Temp 4c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Incredible weather lately some record breaking stuff strange the way there’s very little talk about it yet we get a threat of a bit of sleet and we would have a 50 page thread😂😂

Irish people love misery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    An even nicer morning today, there's a nice pink colour in the sky along with orange and blue. Cold as well with slight haze, feels wintry to me.

Not a cloud in sight again, grass frost too.

https://twitter.com/snowbiewx/status/1100672057828933632?s=21

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

km79 wrote: »
    Irish people love misery

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭highdef

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Not a cloud in sight again, grass frost too.

https://twitter.com/snowbiewx/status/1100672057828933632?s=21

Has gone from sunny to thick fog in Inchicore in less than 5 minutes.

Heading into work on the M4 earlier, it was misty/foggy until I crossed the Liffey, hazy thereafter. As mentioned, sunny when I arrived in work at Inchicore but very foggy now. There was a decent frost in Chapelizod.

The fog can be seen quite well moving into west Dublin city. You can also see how the Dublin/Wicklow mountains are creating a clear slot for most of Dublin city.

https://en.sat24.com/HD/en/gb/visual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Fog is as thick as myself this morning.

New Moon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Fog is as thick as myself this morning.

Thick fog here in Co.Dublin too.... like a faithful Christmas Eve night....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very thick fog in Castlebar as well, quite poor visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Mullingar was reporting visibility <50 metres at 8 am, now 100 metres at 9 am. Casement and KNock also 100 metres, Dublin Airport 300 m.

Huge variation in temperature around Casement again this morning, going from 1.5 to 4.5 in the space of a couple of km (car temperature, I know...). In and out of fog patches, but it was getting worse at that time (just after 8 am).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Incredible weather lately some record breaking stuff strange the way there’s very little talk about it yet we get a threat of a bit of sleet and we would have a 50 page thread����

Its not everywhere in the country though which paet explains the lack of posts. Mostly cloudy and 11-14c degrees down here for the last few days. Very cloudy right now. Yesterday admittedly was nice. Nothing "record breaking" or anything within an ass' roar of it though.

It got really foggy earlier, back to clear skies now. Haven't seen fog like that since January 10-11 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still cold and cloudy here at Dunshaughlin, very different to yesterday's feeling of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Knock co mayo 27/02/19 8.05 temperature 3°C
    SXsoDuG.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light ash falling in Dublin 16!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭pauldry

No 16c in Sligo today....its 6c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful here heavenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Lovely and sun is now through in Clondaklin but with a slight haze and a distinct smell of smoke in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some sunshine related records:

Casement Aerodrome set its sunniest February day record yesterday with 10.0 hrs beating the previous record of 9.9 hrs on 25th February 2018 whilst Dublin Airport also with 10.0 hrs yesterday equalled its sunniest February day on record on 25th February 2018.

I knew yesterday was glorious for a good reason :).

Also, Casement Aerodrome has recorded 110.1 hrs of sunshine for February 2019 up to the 26th. This is on the tip of its sunniest February on record back to 1964 which was February 2003 with a total of 111.0 hrs.

In contrast, Shannon Airport has recorded 59.0 hrs of sunshine up to the 26th, 88% of its average February sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Carol25

Beautiful morning in Galway after light fog in through the morning inland. Beautiful conditions on Salthill Prom with some swimmers braving the ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Frost
    Fog
    Sun
    Clear blue skies
    Mid teens

HEAVEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Kutebride

More blue skies. Wow. Dublin 2

Advertisement