Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has there been any word on josh king injury ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Huh? From the highlights I saw Mkhitaryan was either peppering in low pull back crosses from the right or getting on the end of those coming from the left. Think at 7 with those fixtures and no distractions it was the main guy who stood out to me yesterday.

Perhaps over the 90 he was poor at times? But from the highlights I was encouraged.

Not sure how I get him into my team, unless I drop Pedro and upgrade Coleman to Alonso. Also have King to worry about. Would also like Auba :pac:

Watched the full game and he's lazy as hell defensively. If Arsenal persist with Bellerin on the right too, you've got 2 guys who won't track runners. Either one of Bellerin or Mhki will be dropped otherwise Arsenal are going nowhere.

Mhki looked ok going forward but he was up against one of the worst LBs defensively in the league in Alonso. He won't be playing someone who won't run back like Alonso every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lascelles balbuena Sanchez out
    Alonso Mendy mikhy in
    Worth the -4? All three will probably rise and have great fixtures,

Fantastic moves in my opinion. You'll have made that -4 back in no time.

Think I read that last season United gave up a big amount of chances and that only heroics from DDG gave them so many clean sheets.

I didn’t really want one of their defenders but I chanced Shaw because I knew he’d start and it would cover DDG’s high ownership.

Conceded in both games already.

That’s him gone and I could still WC yet to make 4-5 changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think I read that last season United gave up a big amount of chances and that only heroics from DDG gave them so many clean sheets.

I didn’t really want one of their defenders but I chanced Shaw because I knew he’d start and it would cover DDG’s high ownership.

Yep same

LOL
    Shaw Assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sanchez to ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

honeybear wrote: »
    Sanchez to ???

Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Mahrez out. Will probably get mkhi. Is there a risk he doesn't start? I've heard some people say he's been poor so far and I'd imagine there's a chance lacazette starts against weaker opposition, in which case someone would have to make way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking at your team it’s a mess at the back, problem is you’ll have to get rid of some of the more expensive players to upgrade ur 4.0m lads. Lucky for you it hasn’t affected ur OR though.

I’m looking at -4 to sort out the plebs on my team, Cedric and Hudson Odi already gone, Jota on the block but I have 3m ITB

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at your team it’s a mess at the back, problem is you’ll have to get rid of some of the more expensive players to upgrade ur 4.0m lads. Lucky for you it hasn’t affected ur OR though.

I’m looking at -4 to sort out the plebs on my team, Cedric and Hudson Odi already gone, Jota on the block but I have 3m ITB

Once those 2-3 starting 4.0m defenders became apparent I knew I’d go 2 x premium defenders and rotate in one of the cheapies, each week, with the best fixture.

So I can have any 4.5m goalie. Set and forget. Might go Fabri.

Mendy and Robertson or PVA with one of AWB, Peltier or Bennett beside them each week. We’d all be happy to have one non playing 4.0m defender so even if I was left with AWB or Peltier playing every week I wouldn’t be too unhappy with that. Mendy and Robertson or PVA an carry them as will the extra cash being spent elsewhere.

I don’t think I’ll change that tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sanchez, king and zanka out, as sabchez and King will drop tonight.

Doherty, Richarlison Aguero in for - 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

VW 1 wrote: »
    Sanchez, king and zanka out, as sabchez and King will drop tonight.

Doherty, Richarlison Aguero in for - 4.

There are far better options than Doherty at 4.5m

Anything to be said for giving King one last chance at redemption? There's worse fixtures than a home game versus Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭COH

Anything to be said for giving King one last chance at redemption? There's worse fixtures than a home game versus Everton.

Not for me. He may well score... but he also might be injured and is set to drop in price so he's out for me 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Transfer done.

Cairney out. Mhiky in.

I'll then do Pieter to David Luiz the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I give people one chance and one chance only
    After that they are finished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

There are far better options than Doherty at 4.5m

I went for bennet at 4.0, not doherty, apologies!

COH wrote: »
    Not for me. He may well score... but he also might be injured and is set to drop in price so he's out for me 100%

I'd be tempted to ditch him aswell if he's injured. Has that been confirmed yet or just rumoured?

I give people one chance and one chance only
    After that they are finished

You must be taking a -20 each week then, interesting strategy 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

King to Ings

Sánchez to Richarlison

Not yet (Alonso or Mendy) not just yet

Beam me up Scotty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cairney and King to Fraser and Ings will be my two transfers I think

Have done these two. Now I notice I've exactly enough to do Patricio and Tomkins to Ederson and Bennett. Ederson at 68% so he'll hardly last the week without rising. Would be a season keeper so is it worth dropping a -8 for him? Reckon i would make those 8 points back over their nice fixtures. Could wildcard but would only be for 4 changes so think it would be a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭COH

2FT used...

King > Ings
    Hudson-Odoi > Fraser

Considered a number of 6.5/4.5 combos but squad looks more balanced in the short term with the 2x 5.5s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lacazette due to drop tonight as is Cairney, need to ship them both before price drops. Disappointed in Laca as I think when Emery decides both players on the pitch will be better for Arsenal, he'll come good (but sure what do I know!)

Who to get?

Ings & Alli

or

Zaha & Mkhi

Already have Ricky, Pedro, Salah & Mane. Aguero up top with Zohore (reluctantly)

Completely puzzled here, open to any other suggestions too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Okay, so it's Sane and Cedric out, but I'm stuck between A and B. Move has to be made tonight so would appreciate any advice:

A: Alonso and B.Silva
    B: Mendy and up to 8.4 (has to be non-City)

The fact that Bilva was anonymous today is discouraging, obviously, but still looks good value to me. Not sure who that 8.4 could be - Mhki is looking a popular pick but finding it hard to trust that he'll a) keep playing and b) be consistent.

(My other starting mids are Salah, Mane, and Richarlison).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Okay, so it's Sane and Cedric out, but I'm stuck between A and B. Move has to be made tonight so would appreciate any advice:

The fact that Bilva was anonymous today is discouraging, obviously, but still looks good value to me. Not sure who that 8.4 could be - Mhki is looking a popular pick but finding it hard to trust that he'll a) keep playing and b) be consistent.

Mhiky for me tbh.

On a side note I'd put him in your team as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

3. Alonso & D Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Invincible wrote: »
    3. Alonso & D Silva

Cheers for the suggestion, but I'm 0.4 short for that move. Even if I went to -8 I can't find that 0.4 elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

2 FT

• Aubameyang( or as Linker said yesterday Overthebarmayang) for Aguero
    • Kelly for Stankovic

I had the Aguero transfer in mind after yesterday's absymal performance from Aubameyang and Stankovic in for Kelly as he is the only one in that price range who plays or has played anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Azpi/Cedric/Sane to Alonso/Mendy/Mhki for a -4. May also move on Mata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Cheers for the suggestion, but I'm 0.4 short for that move. Even if I went to -8 I can't find that 0.4 elsewhere.

How about Pedro then...

Advertisement