Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    In two minds whether to swap Firmino for Auba this week or not. The reduced likelihood of Auba dropping making he lean towards making the transfer now as I will most likely do it next week anyway. Just worried Firmino will do damage this weekend after I get rid of him.

I was in the same scenario and decided to transfer him. He never really looked like scoring against Crystal Palace and I think Auba is a lot more likely to score at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Is it for a hit or a straight swap?
    WC and cash in the bank so no hit. Will do it next week if not this.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

In two minds whether to swap Firmino for Auba this week or not. The reduced likelihood of Auba dropping making he lean towards making the transfer now as I will most likely do it next week anyway. Just worried Firmino will do damage this weekend after I get rid of him.

i'm a Liverpool fan, and if that's a straight swap, it is a complete no brainer.

Auba in all day, every day. I'm convinced he'll score at the weekend.

i can't do it unless i do a straight swap for Kun, or i take out Mane or Salah as part of a hit involving a swap with Zaha for a -4.

I'm just going to survive with Mkhi for now.

I expect Pool to rip it up this weekend and Firmino will come good eventually. I also want to bring in Hazard next week so getting Auba in now saves me the hit next week. There will just be that nagging doubt what if I get rid of Firmino and he outscores Auba.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don’t think Aubameyang will drop before the weekend.

He's creeping back up again, at 94.4 now.

• Advertisement

Nobody transfer in Auba before Friday, he might drop yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

In 2 minds whether to go Bernardo Silva to Mkhitaryan or roll the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Thinking of selling Mooy and buying Pedro. It seems good but Mooy throws in a few goals, what do ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Zaha out aubameyang in
    Eriksen out mkhitaryan in

Big gamble but can feel an auba hatrick coming on, also great run of fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Foster, Fabianski

Mendy, Alexander-Arnold, Azpilicueta, Peltier, Wan-Bissaka

Jota, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison, Salah, Kenedy

Mitrovic, Agüero, Firmino

Have two transfers. Thinking Kante in for Kenedy.
    Thoughts and thoughts on any others you would make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Thinking of selling Mooy and buying Pedro. It seems good but Mooy throws in a few goals, what do ye think

One of these players scored in 6 different club competitions in one season, the other plays for Huddersfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

BOHtox wrote: »
    Foster, Fabianski

Mendy, Alexander-Arnold, Azpilicueta, Peltier, Wan-Bissaka

Jota, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison, Salah, Kenedy

Mitrovic, Agüero, Firmino

Have two transfers. Thinking Kante in for Kenedy.
    Thoughts and thoughts on any others you would make?

Don't get the love for kante, he's a defensive midfielder at the end of the day, alot of points he picks up are 3 pointers from Cs.

Will Hughes might not be a bad punt if your looking at 5m options

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Alright
    Willian Sanchez Coleman out
    Mane Mkhi and Alonso In for (-4)..
    Seems justified...mane is killing me in my money leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

After bringing Mikky Ryan (& Zaha for Lacazette & Cairney) in on Sunday, I'm starting to feel like he won't start if Laca comes in.

Any Arsenal fans have any indication on this?

or line up like..

Auba - Lacazette - Mkhi

With Ozil missing out?

After bringing Mikky Ryan (& Zaha for Lacazette & Cairney) in on Sunday, I'm starting to feel like he won't start if Laca comes in.

Any Arsenal fans have any indication on this?

or line up like..

Auba - Lacazette - Mkhi

With Ozil missing out?

The way I’m looking at it is that Lacazette didn’t start either of his first games in charge.

Regardless of opposition he’d have wanted a win.

They have zero points after 2 games.

I don’t see anything other than what he thinks his first 11 are and I don’t think that currently involves Lacazette.

I 100% don’t see Lacazette starting.

I thin it’s Aubameyang, Mkhi, Ozil and then either Iwobi or Ramsey and I’d be leaning towards Iwobi.

Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The way I’m looking at it is that Lacazette didn’t start either of his first games in charge.

I don’t see anything other than what he thinks his first 11 are and I don’t think that currently involves Lacazette.

I thin it’s Aubameyang, Mkhi, Ozil and then either Iwobi or Ramsey and I’d be leaning towards Iwobi.

Hope that makes sense.

Music to my ears thanks, last thing I want to do is take Laca out, bring Mkhi in and have no Arsenal players starting first 3 GW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

jamesbere wrote: »
    Don't get the love for kante, he's a defensive midfielder at the end of the day, alot of points he picks up are 3 pointers from Cs.

Will Hughes might not be a bad punt if your looking at 5m options

I'm considering bringing kante in, it's clear he's playing a more advanced role this season and judging by motd highlights he's been getting into the centre forward position a lot. My fear is that he may not start every game, wondering if anyone can shed some light on that? I'm thinking sarri might not see a need for him at home to Cardiff etc with jorginho playing the deeper role and the likes of kovacic, barkley, rlc and fabregas vying for the other spots. Is there a chance kante gets benched against weaker opposition to make way for a more attack minded midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

sicknotexi wrote: »
    One of these players scored in 6 different club competitions in one season, the other plays for Huddersfield.

Great point! Transfer made, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hope that makes sense.

I'd be looking at it slightly different. Due to who they were playing in the first two games he may not have wanted two strikers starting the game. The run of games now are a bit easier and more likely to start with both laca and auba. They have lost both games so a change is more likely. Granted its a new manager so we have no data to suggest what he generally does in this situation. He played laca up front and auba wide in preseason so it must be somewhat under consideration. They both tend to have a good record when playing together. I would be thinking its a 50/50 call on whether laca starts. In fairness auba still scored well playing off the left last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Auba for Firmino straight swap would leave me no money ITB No Arsenal cover. Have Mané.

Yay or Nay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Auba for Firmino straight swap would leave me no money ITB No Arsenal cover. Have Mané.

Yay or Nay?

I wouldn't be too quick to transfer out Auba if I had him, nice run upcoming. Firmino hasn't looked his best either.

I've held onto Lacazette myself, other transfers took precedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yay or Nay?

It's a Nay from me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

PARlance wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too quick to transfer out Auba if I had him, nice run upcoming. Firmino hasn't looked his best either.

I've held onto Lacazette myself, other transfers took precedence.

I'm reading that as getting Auba in for Firmino, which is a definite yes for me as a straight swap. Probable yes for a hit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

tailgunner wrote: »
    I'm reading that as Auba in for Firmino, which is a definite yes for me as a straight swap.

I read it Auba out for Firmino but think you're right.

My preference definitely Auba anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I read it as Firmino in for Auba. in that case No.

If it's Firmino out for Auba. Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Yay or Nay?

I'd hold onto Auba if it were me, great fixtures, and has the potential to be one of the top points scorers over the next 5 or 6 Weeks.
    He should have scored last week against Chelsea, and this week is up against what looks like a really poor West Ham defence.
    I don't have any Arsenal cover yet, plan at the start of the season was to wait until gw4 or 5 and then maybe get in some cover if thought it was needed, but have a feeling after this week I'll be trying to make room for one of them

...Think I may have misread, but yeah, Auba over Firmino for me

This just got me thinking. Hypothetically, using the above mentioned players, if you have WC'd, would it be a good temporary move for an Auba owner to get rid to protect against a potential price drop in the next 48 hrs? Selling also contributes towards the price drop. Could then transfer Auba back in at the same price or perhaps with a profit. Or is there something that prevents you from buying back a player at a lower price in the same GW?

This just got me thinking. Hypothetically, using the above mentioned players, if you have WC'd, would it be a good temporary move for an Auba owner to get rid to protect against a potential price drop in the next 48 hrs? Selling also contributes towards the price drop. Could then transfer Auba back in at the same price or perhaps with a profit. Or is there something that prevents you from buying back a player at a lower price in the same GW?

Yes that's exactly what you should be doing and hoping for.

Yes that's exactly what you should be doing and hoping for.
    I want to bring in Auba so am certainly hoping for a price drop. Delta is now less than 5k so it's getting closer. Anyone who has WC'd and already has him will hopefully oblige and transfer him out temporarily. I assume me transfering him in and out won't help with the drop as the net effect is neutral?

• Advertisement

I want to bring in Auba so am certainly hoping for a price drop. Delta is now less than 5k so it's getting closer. Anyone who has WC'd and already has him will hopefully oblige and transfer him out temporarily. I assume me transfering him in and out won't help with the drop as the net effect is neutral?

Supposedly all wildcard transfers don't count towards rises or drops. Its only regular transfers.

Advertisement