Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women who are "not maternal" having kids

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭imokyrok

So your child free friends are not allowed talk about anything they do in their lives because it doesn't involve children, and they are only doing it to convey how they are child free???? FFS.

Are trips to Mongolia acceptable only if you have a few children in tow?

That seems to be a rather bizarre and extreme interpretation of that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

imokyrok wrote: »

Not bizarre or extreme at all. Malayalam said these holidays convey child free joy.

No they don't. They convey that the couple went on holidays to a far flung destination. I know child free couples who spend a week in a caravan in Enniscrone, because that's what they like. Should I not go on holidays to places I want to visit because it might somehow convey my child free status? Where is an acceptable place for a child free person to go on holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Malayalam

So your child free friends are not allowed talk about anything they do in their lives because it doesn't involve children, and they are only doing it to convey how they are child free???? FFS.

Are trips to Mongolia acceptable only if you have a few children in tow?

Haha :pac::pac: must admit this is a rather hysterical reaction to a light-hearted remark that in absolutely NO way implied any of the things you suggest, but go ahead and feel your feelings. I have no interest in hanging around for the convening of the Furies. Unfollows :)

imokyrok wrote: »

Can I thank this ten times. Must admit i was floored at the bizarre interpretation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Not bizarre or extreme at all. Malayalam said these holidays convey child free joy.

No they don't. They convey that the couple went on holidays to a far flung destination. I know child free couples who spend a week in a caravan in Enniscrone, because that's what they like. Should I not go on holidays to places I want to visit because it might somehow convey my child free status? Where is an acceptable place for a child free person to go on holidays?
    That comment had nothing to do with dictating where child free couples go on holidays. I think you totally misread it and are being defensive for no reason.

• Advertisement

Jesus!!! :D
    So weird.
    It was ajokey remark meant in a friendly fashion in resonse to a different remark.p
    Cool your jets. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Malayalam wrote: »
    Haha :pac::pac: must admit this is a rather hysterical reaction to a light-hearted remark that in absolutely NO way implied any of the things you suggest, but go ahead and feel your feelings. I have no interest in hanging around for the convening of the Furies. Unfollows :)

I'm not hysterical at all. Quite the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

....... wrote: »
    Huh?

What century do you live in?

So all homosexual relationships, and all relationships for women over 35 are a waste of time because children are the natural progression?

I live in the same century as you

Homosexual relationships have children too but that's off the point

Less of a desire is not the same as waste of time, waste of time is your phrase so subconsciously is your position

But you've answered my question, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wheel a pram into a room full of women and see who isnt "maternal"

The vast majority will cream their undies

A lot of them will be faking it because you sort of have to make a fuss of babies. Try and act indifferent when a new mother shows you her baby. Bet you can’t do it!

Do you really think it’s impossible for women to have no interest in having children? I’m bemused by the whole baby-making thing and at 34, I think this is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

99nsr125 wrote: »
    I live in the same century as you

Homosexual relationships have children too but that's off the point

Less of a desire is not the same as waste of time, waste of time is your phrase so subconsciously is your position

But you've answered my question, thank you

Children are not the natural progression of a relationship.

Most relationships do not result in children.

• Advertisement

My husband was in knots laughing at me last week in a cafe when a kid at the next table was incessantly staring at me (I'm talking staring while lifting her fork to her mouth and not breaking her gaze once), I was so uncomfortable and didn't know how to handle it at all, in my defense she was a particularly creepy child!

I certainly don't hate kids (although I probably did express this sentiment when I was a teenager) and enjoy seeing my nephews and nieces but I am still very awkward around them. I don't really know how to play with them without feeling like an idiot and I do get wound up very easily by other people's children, just the noise and chaos doesn't suit me, if my friends walk in with their kids I don't automatically make a beeline for them like others would.

I have been told multiple times as part of personality tests that I have low empathy, but I would always sympathise with a lost / hurt child I think I would just be awkward about the whole thing so it's not very fair of the poster above to say if you 'hate' kids you must have no empathy.

No sometimes they're just noisy, messy annoying little sh*ts and I don't enjoy their company in the same way I wouldn't enjoy the company of grown-up noisy, messy and annoying sh*ts!

Are you me? I am SO awkward around children of all ages. I have no idea what to say to them and feel self-conscious and silly having to talk to them.

I’ll be the person in the room mauling the pets whilst everyone else is paying attention to the kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

A lot of them will be faking it because you sort of have to make a fuss of babies. Try and act indifferent when a new mother shows you her baby. Bet you can’t do it!

Do you really think it’s impossible for women to have no interest in having children? I’m bemused by the whole baby-making thing and at 34, I think this is it.

I used to think the only benefit to getting older would be the end of the "oh you;ll be next!"; "you better get a move on, clock's ticking!" etc - bollocks.

Sadly no.

Now at 48, nearly 49 it's well meaning tips of the head and "oh you've left it too late, you must be crushed".

Would you f**k off!!!!!

So you've seen this a lot? Beyond the one woman on another forum here whose thread you responded to angrily?

Bit easier to make the vague claims and generalistations on AH isn't it. I'm sure you know a bunch of non-maternal women who deliberately started families though, you're just not the kind of guy who makes "why are women so shít and annoying" threads at all at all.

Lol, yes! :D I mean, how many of these women has he actually observed? And has he been noting the uninterested fathers too? I doubt it somehow. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Lol, yes! :D I mean, how many of these women has he actually observed? And has he been noting the uninterested fathers too? I doubt it somehow. ;)

I agree with you Brekkie - it is impossible NOT to go gooey over a baby.

You look like the aunt in Sleeping Beauty if you don't.

Though thankfully my lil niece was adorable and quiet as a mouse so she was okay at her Christening, held her for hours!!!

Advertisement