Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweden Riots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Yeah you were a tourist so you got some slack which is fine. If you moved there permantly it might be different.

But seeing as you don't understand how refusing to shake hands is rude then I don't think there's much point having this discussion.

I was actually there on business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

blinding wrote: »
    Why do muslims keep coming to Christian Countries and not wanting to integrate to the societies they are moving to ? Why are they not moving to Muslim Countries ?

Most Muslim countries are authoritarian holes. Other developed countries like Singapore and Japan simply refuse entry.

TBH all this thread shows is what will cause the fall of Europe. We've lost religion (which I'm fine with) but that needs to be replaced with something. America has the American Dream which, while total bull****, enough people believe. Europe for a while believed we were something. That our compassion and our tolerance gave us a moral superiority and something that all should aspire to. That our low rates of criminality and violence and attempts to distribute wealth were signs of a superior culture. Now that's fading, people will concede and concede to accommodate other cultures. People will speak out one side of their mouth about women's right while excusing or obfuscating about Shariah patrols and courts. We're importing and turning a blind eye to a large cohort that is completely incompatible with our culture and people want to say it's our fault for not being more accommodating.

Ah well, it was nice for the little while it lasted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Sorry, was out for a while.
    Have we had hysterical posts about sharia law, stonings, beheadings with rusty kitchen knifes, something something halal, praying towards Mecca with a Kalashnikov at our heads yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

I couldn't give a tiny shiney sh1te what religion anyone is! If i had my way ALL religion would be banned because the world would be a much better place without it, i just think the faux outrage from the usual anti muslim brigade here on boards over a fecking handshake has dragged thier petty arguments down to a new low!

Lads ye were in the gutter befire but now have decended to the sewers with this laughable pettiness!

Its custom/culture in ireland to celebrate easter/christmas/paddys day, should everyone be forced to do that?

Its irish culture to get sh1t faced drunk at the weekends (and most midweek nights), should everyone be forced to partake?

Not every custom HAS to be adhered to you know! Ive lived in france where its custom to have a glass of wine with dinner, i never partook in that particular custom and no one blinked an eye.

They also give wine to young children at mealtimes something i would never do but hey its their custom right so we should all allow our children to drink alcohol from.a young age!

Move to a muslim majority country and don't partake in their customs, see where that gets you.

• Advertisement

Move to a muslim majority country and don't partake in their customs, see where that gets you.

So we should become equally as intolerant?
    To improve Europe, become like Saudi Arabia.
    Find a Muslim, drag him into a restaurant and force beer and pork down their throat.
    Nah,can't see that taking off here.

Find a Muslim, drag him into a restaurant and force beer and pork down their throat.
    Yep, one or the other are the only two options.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lived in Turkey and UAE 2 years each, never an issue

Lived in Turkey and UAE 2 years each, never an issue

This may surprise a lot of people who are used of being told that any Muslim country is a hellish place with limbs being hacked off left right and center and daily beheadings in the town square.
    They think Muslims all carry knifes, guns and an explosive belt and given half a chance will turn all of Europe into a copy of Iranistan.
    There is an incredible amount of hate propaganda by the right wing scene and they are shouting very loud and angry hate propaganda against anyone who isn't the right skin color or the wrong religion.
    I'm living in Germany, but it must be a different Germany, because I don't see the rape gangs or daily jihad attack.
    Must ask Jalal down the kebab shop when he's planning to cut my head off on the internet with his big knife.
    Or maybe Samir at work has some Semtex strapped to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

We are becoming increasingly intolerant. Sure just the other day we saw a case being entertained in court in Sweden and a company fined 4 thousand kr for refusing to consider hiring a woman because she refused to shake the interviewer's hand.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

This may surprise a lot of people who are used of being told that any Muslim country is a hellish place with limbs being hacked off left right and center and daily beheadings in the town square.
    They think Muslims all carry knifes, guns and an explosive belt and given half a chance will turn all of Europe into a copy of Iranistan.
    There is an incredible amount of hate propaganda by the right wing scene and they are shouting very loud and angry hate propaganda against anyone who isn't the right skin color or the wrong religion.
    I'm living in Germany, but it must be a different Germany, because I don't see the rape gangs or daily jihad attack.
    Must ask Jalal down the kebab shop when he's planning to cut my head off on the internet with his big knife.
    No harm being on the safe side . Tell us their answers . And can you live stream and extreme stuff just for scientific research ; like ..

Apparently including yourself, given the way you described the type of behavior you would expect if we tried to ape Saudi Arabia.

I know you have a bee in your bonnet, which is causing you to shout very loud and angry statements, but I suggest you take a step back, and look at the circular argument you keep introducing. Also false dilemma, and appeal to emotion. Well I suggest you do so if you want to improve your reason, as it stands you'll get plenty of support from the same sort of people who lap up shouting, far-right, bigoted videos, only those who position themselves on the left instead.

If Samir did have semtex, it would be irrelevant, as there would be no evidence that it was representative, in much the same way that you are ignoring the numerous jihadi attacks that have occurred in Germany in the last couple of years.

We are becoming increasingly intolerant. Sure just the other day we saw a case being entertained in court in Sweden and a company fined 4 thousand kr for refusing to consider hiring a woman because she refused to shake the interviewer's hand.

Well, these people are different. They don't eat pork, don't drink, have to run off to pray every now and then, but otherwise they are fine. And Muslim is not an ethnicity. Turkish, Middle Easter and North African Muslims are worlds apart from each other.
    I guess you see them as some sort of evil caricature because you have no idea about them. Growing up in Ireland is of course a very sheltered existence and we hate and fear what we don't know.
    We will never agree on the handshake, I agree to disagree and I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I couldn't give a tiny shiney sh1te what religion anyone is! If i had my way ALL religion would be banned because the world would be a much better place without it, i just think the faux outrage from the usual anti muslim brigade here on boards over a fecking handshake has dragged thier petty arguments down to a new low!

Lads ye were in the gutter befire but now have decended to the sewers with this laughable pettiness!

Its custom/culture in ireland to celebrate easter/christmas/paddys day, should everyone be forced to do that?

Its irish culture to get sh1t faced drunk at the weekends (and most midweek nights), should everyone be forced to partake?

Not every custom HAS to be adhered to you know! Ive lived in france where its custom to have a glass of wine with dinner, i never partook in that particular custom and no one blinked an eye.

They also give wine to young children at mealtimes something i would never do but hey its their custom right so we should all allow our children to drink alcohol from.a young age!

What would happen a westerner in Saudi if they were seen in a public place eating and drinking during Ramadan

Well, these people are different. They don't eat pork, don't drink, have to run off to pray every now and then, but otherwise they are fine. And Muslim is not an ethnicity. Turkish, Middle Easter and North African Muslims are worlds apart from each other.

You missed my point, which had nothing to do with religion, or ethnicity. The court was intolerant of the interviewer in this situation. His opinion, and his actions, were not tolerated. He was in effect fined for acting in accordance to his culture and personal belief.
    I guess you see them as some sort of evil caricature

This is the worst sort of sh*tposting. Every time someone pulls you up for being illogical you turn it back to race and religion, because that's where you feel safest. Attacking someone for pointing out that your posts are rants with a slur of 'well you are just a racist' is really the weakest of your very weak plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

What would happen a westerner in Saudi if they were seen in a public place eating and drinking during Ramadan

What's your point, that we shout become as intolerant as them?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Greentopia wrote: »
    The problems started when white Swedes moved out of these million programme working class areas like Rinkeby and joined the middle classes in the cities.

So, in Sweden you can just move and join the middle class.
    These white Swedes didn't spend years working hard to better themselves by any chance? Unlike....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

RustyNut wrote: »
    No need to shout .

Why do people come to countries where they do not want to integrate in ?

Its as if they think that their new Country is not suitable for them !

Why do they not choose Countries more suitable for them .

Is it ok that they should try to force change on their New Countries . Wouldn’t everyone be better off if the chose to move to Countries more suitable for them or stay where they are .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

They think Muslims all carry knifes, guns and an explosive belt.

You sound hysterical, perhaps you need a break from the internet so you can form a more logical counter argument for those of us simply calling for less lax immigration laws to those which have served Sweden so poorly.

Shouting "brown people" incessantly is not working here for you I'm afraid.

And Muslim is not an ethnicity

This statement is going to come back and haunt you considering your past reactionary tactic of pulling the race card on any thread pertaining to Islam, like I said, you really should consider taking a step back from the internet for a while, you're becoming increasingly angry.

• Advertisement

So you agree that they are intolerant, and yet don't see an issue with importing enmass this intolerance to Europe... okay so.

You missed my point, which had nothing to do with religion, or ethnicity. The court was intolerant of the interviewer in this situation. His opinion, and his actions, were not tolerated. He was in effect fined for acting in accordance to his culture and personal belief.

Well, OK, I agree to that. We have two cultures and believe systems caught up in a situation where they collided.
    Interviewer blew a fuse and frogmarched her out of the office. I dare say he wasn't very professional and he gave her grounds to sue.

Growing up in Ireland is of course a very sheltered existence and we hate and fear what we don't know

You seem to be suggesting that those of us who are critical of Islam have never spent considerable amounts of time living and working in Muslim majority countries, in my case, this is absolutely untrue.

So you agree that they are intolerant, and yet don't see an issue with importing enmass this intolerance to Europe... okay so.
    Is the woman in question from Saudi?

Is the woman in question from Saudi?

This statement is going to come back and haunt you considering your past reactionary tactic of pulling the race card on any thread pertaining to Islam, like I said, you really should consider taking a step back from the internet for a while, you're becoming increasingly angry.

There is only one race my hysterical friend. (Homo Sapiens in case you are unaware).
    Henceforth racism is a concept with a slightly misleading name. We could be racist to Neanderthals, since they are a different race from us, or aliens, but both cases are hardly applicable these days.
    It should really just be called discrimination and that could be on the basis of sex, religion, skin color and any number of other criteria.
    And your provocation game is weak at best.

There is only one race my hysterical friend. (Homo Sapiens in case you are unaware).
    Henceforth racism is a concept with a slightly misleading name.

So now you're arguing with the Oxford English Dictionary... I can't... you're on a windup surely? There's only one race? Fcuk me.

RACE

NOUN

Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

‘people of all races, colours, and creeds’

So now you're arguing with the Oxford English Dictionary... I can't... you're on a windup surely? There's only one race? Fcuk me.

RACE

NOUN

Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

‘people of all races, colours, and creeds’

Homo sapiens. If you can get me the official name of another race, I'll concede this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Far right: all muslims are dangerous
    Far left: no muslims are dangerous.

Me: some muslims are dangerous and because of their ideology they are more likely to act in ways detrimental to western society.
    Even "moderate" muslims will kill their offspring for going against the family's wishes.

fuzzenstein, pretend you are gay and see how Jalal and Samir react. Or tell them you are dating a muslim girl and might marry her.

• Advertisement

And your provocation game is weak at best.

I'm trying to provoke you by highlighting the banality of your argument? Stop playing the victim.

Advertisement