Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Gainward jumped the gun and put up pages for their 3090s and 3080s. Taken down now, but Videocardz have the screens. Only 2x8 pin and a 750W PSU required according to them (Gainward), even for the Golden Sample.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

BloodBath wrote: »
    Gonna go out on a limb and say the 3090 is going to be 3 grand at launch.

Tomorrow is when we find out right? I think 3 grand might be too high. I'm going to go for around 2K.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Tomorrow is when we find out right? I think 3 grand might be too high. I'm going to go for around 2K.

Yeah, tomorrow at 17:00 our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Take with a pinch of salt but supposedly leaked slides showing the 3090 roughly doubling the performance of the 2080ti in a few games with RT and DLSS enabled at 4k.

NVIDIA-RTX-3090-Benchmarks-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I really hope the rumours of the 3070 equaling the performance of the 2080ti in rasterisation are true and it's not just in RT.

I really hope the rumours of the 3070 equaling the performance of the 2080ti in rasterisation are true and it's not just in RT.

If it is then it needs to be better at RT. The RT abilities of the 2000 series is terrible and bottlenecks the rasterisation performance of the cards.

RT features should actually improve rasterisation performance though as you offload some of the tasks from that workload to a RT workload.

I hope they are really bumping up RT performance across the board.

I'm sure RT performance is much improved, but hopefully not at the expense of rasterisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

DLSS is scaling isn't it?

If so I don't think any test is useful if it's switched on.

Turn off DLSS and RTX and show me a test at 1080 - 1440 - 4k that has the 10, 20 and 30 series. They're the numbers I'm interested in.

DLSS at 4k is rendering at 2560x1440 with fancy AI upscaling.

Native 4k with RT enabled is still a no go.

RT features are really gonna take off over the next few years with the next gen consoles supporting it and Unreal Engine 5 releasing next year heavily supporting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

will new quadro stuff also be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I hope the 3090 is super de duper knock the bitch out of the park FANTASTIC.....coz the 3080 and the 3070 will be much the better for it.

https://twitter.com/coreteks/status/1300417713681113088?s=20

Ha, I'd laugh if they were legit, but looked fake because Jensen knocked them up himself at home during lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

All RT games so it could well be RT performance for the 3090.

I highly doubt it could be that fast raster performance but could be twice the RT performance,large pich of salt though.

We will know soon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BloodBath wrote: »
    DLSS at 4k is rendering at 2560x1440 with fancy AI upscaling.

Native 4k with RT enabled is still a no go.

RT features are really gonna take off over the next few years with the next gen consoles supporting it and Unreal Engine 5 releasing next year heavily supporting it.

I think that's selling DLSS short; it's good enough for video-in-motion & the increase in FPS is a boon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

Even if it was real, so what....DLSS and RT, most games still don't support either, promising as they are, future they may be.

I really just want to see normal performance. I've a feeling we're going to get absolutely bent over the table again based on RT functionality, rather than get a solid deal on next generation.

I already have a 2070S, at this point I think I'm just gonna stick with it until it's dead/not even suitable for 1080P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah im not too pushed on RT features,it would be nice to be able to use some level of it but tbh I'm more interested in high frame rate gaming.

In that sense I'd be more interested in DLSS 2.0,higher frame rates while looking mostly as pretty sounds like a win to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm looking to move from my 970, probably to a 3070, both for gaming, but also for rendering. The RT abilities can make rendering much, much faster, along with the highly increased raster time. Feels like we've been waiting for this news for so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

September is gonna be "Squeaky Bum" month for alot of people looking to upgrade or nab a bargain RTX 2xxx series!

Here's the 3090 Founder Edition's PCB (from Chiphell).

524943.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it normally just the Founder's Edition cards released first or could we expect the likes of EVGA to have some ready to go for the initial launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it normally just the Founder's Edition cards released first or could we expect the likes of EVGA to have some ready to go for the initial launch?

Usually just FE cards but there's been rumours that there'll be 3rd party cards available for the initial launch this time around.

Usually just FE cards but there's been rumours that there'll be 3rd party cards available for the initial launch this time around.

I got the Founder's RTX2060 last time but thinking of going back to EVGA this time. Hopefully they make everything available shortly after the conference this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Nibs05 wrote: »

Count down is saying 2 hours 40 minutes to kick off so that's 5pm?

There was talk on the OcUK forums about how EVGA have gone down hill the last year or two. Their products are still fine, but their returns and repairs service has taken a huge dive apparently. Zotac seemed to be the new favourite for the balance between value, cooling, and service (fwiw).

Also,

EgxhI0JXcAAFARH?format=png&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Count down is saying 2 hours 40 minutes to kick off so that's 5pm?

My bad 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

16k people waiting in a twitch chat 2.5hr before event :O

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    There was talk on the OcUK forums about how EVGA have gone down hill the last year or two. Their products are still fine, but their returns and repairs service has taken a huge dive apparently. Zotac seemed to be the new favourite for the balance between value, cooling, and service (fwiw).

Also,

EgxhI0JXcAAFARH?format=png&name=900x900

That's good to know on EVGA. Maybe need to reconsider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Let's be honest here:
    The 3090 will be out of most people's price range.
    If you complain about it, you're not making money from it.

The real news will be the 3070/3080 price & performance.

Advertisement