Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Would Robertson to Mendy be complete madness?

Easy answer is obviously yes based on GW1.

But next 5/8 Pool games are away including trips to Spurs/Chelsea. One of the 3 home games is Man City.

Mendy has 5/8 at home. Lovely fixtures (bar Liverpool) in that same run. It's beginning to tempt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yes, that's crazy talk.
    But next 5/8 Pool games are away including trips to Spurs/Chelsea. One of the 3 home games is Man City.
    Mendy has 5/8 at home. Lovely fixtures (bar Liverpool) in that same run. It's beginning to tempt me.

Actually, it makes complete sense. Good spot.

Iiverpool should be cs gold in their home games this season not so much away.

But at 5.5m + per defender you need to be playing them every week. Only TAA might be a rotation option.

Can't decide on Zaha or Arnie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Well for this week arnie but over the next 7 gws zaha has better fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Sanchez out kdb in, was tempted to wc but I think I'll wait. Team is still solid, I mean I had holebas and wan b on the bench so could of been alot better.

Sane is a concern, was thinking of selling but I don't want to take a hit. Any advice was be welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

jamesbere wrote: »
    Sanchez out kdb in, was tempted to wc but I think I'll wait. Team is still solid, I mean I had holebas and wan b on the bench so could of been alot better.

Sane is a concern, was thinking of selling but I don't want to take a hit. Any advice was be welcome

Sane causing me a headache also, think will stick this weekend and transfer out after. Could run riot if he starts vs Huddersfield. Over next couple weeks I’m thinking sane / lacazette to Pogba/ Auba. Worried about price changes though as I’ve just enough to cover at the moment. Edit - or possibly to firminio and another high end mid who will start every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Re : Sane. Sit tight. If he doesn't start this week it probably means he's even more likely to start the week after... (that makes more sense in the twisted mind of Pep)

KDB didn't start either but I don't see ppl rushing to sell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Re : Sane. Sit tight. If he doesn't start this week it probably means he's even more likely to start the week after... (that makes more sense in the twisted mind of Pep)

Kdb wasnt expected to start,if like me kdb was your prefered option but you picked sane so you would have a near guaranteed starter its a kick in the nuts.Hanging on to sane for a week even though i have 0.5 to get kdb,i dont want to take a point hit unless needed

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kdb was only back in training
    Sane had an entire pre season with city

km79 wrote: »
    Kdb was only back in training
    Sane had an entire pre season with city

Won't KdB play deeper with Sterling Sane/Mahrez Dilva/Bilva in front?

• Advertisement

I did this exact move.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It could be also justified by it allowing treble Liverpool attack. Plenty of good defensive options around that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Don't know what to do with the following:

I went David Luiz to Mendy.

I'm thinking the following to add a -4

Sanchez - Mane
    Sanchez to B Silva.

I don't think they'll cover the -4 deficit tho. So that leaves me with holding Sanchez and just getting rid in GW3 for the Spurs game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sheroman01 wrote: »
    My only fear is Aguero being rotated. So hard to take him out with those fixtures though. Will give him will GW3 or 4 and then possibly Kane in.

With Aguero, you just have to keep him and take the odd rotation should it come. We bought him for the good fixtures and the fact he's an FF king. If you're petrified of him being benched, you shouldn't have him. I probably won't captain him any week unless 100% sure he'll start. Seen as I'm happy to do that, I can live with the odd week on the bench.

It must be said though, Pep proved last season that Kun is first choice, and Jesus has done nothing recently in order to depose him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If I had sane I'd sell. He was a short term punt because he was supposedly a banker with the WC players being eased back in. He didn't start the most obvious game for him to start. We now have sterling with a game under his belt, kdb with minutes played and an extra weeks training. David Silva to come back and Jesus with an extra weeks training. Sane is 9.5 too expensive to wait another week he was for most probably a player you would keep up till international break. If it goes wrong so be it but I wouldn't be waiting for him. He has obviously annoyed pep if he didn't start him last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sane is 9.5 too expensive

Ah now that’s a bit harsh to say he’s worth nothing Busts.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

He's the sixth most transferred out player this round.....probably not the wisest people who had him for week 1 anyway, and all
    the less wise for selling him now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I can understand people considering selling sane. I'm in a similar position with mahrez, taking up funds and a valuable city slot which could probably be better used. In hindsight he was a bad pick, though I didn't anticipate sterling and kdb being back in the fold so quick. Thought he'd be a cert to start the first 2-3 games, now I'm quite pessimistic of his chances. Very hard to take him out before Huddersfield at home though. I'd be very worried if I was a sane owner, very strange that he didn't start last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Tempted to do King to Wilson. Might just roll though and give King another go. Bit worried not to have any Spurs cover with this gameweeks but with Mane & Aguero, I think it will cover off anyone with Kane or Ali/Eriksen, so hopeful the latter get outscored by 2 previous. More I think about the more I think I'll just roll and try get Spurs players in after. Originally planned to get Davies in but can't bring myself to spend the 6m when Mendy & Robertson cost the same and offer so much more, in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Loved Keita at weekend although bare points scored. Wonder can he contribute with goals because he will definitely make assists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

MR NINE wrote: »
    I can understand people considering selling sane. I'm in a similar position with mahrez, taking up funds and a valuable city slot which could probably be better used. In hindsight he was a bad pick, though I didn't anticipate sterling and kdb being back in the fold so quick. Thought he'd be a cert to start the first 2-3 games, now I'm quite pessimistic of his chances. Very hard to take him out before Huddersfield at home though. I'd be very worried if I was a sane owner, very strange that he didn't start last week.

Ita down to tactics why he didnt play,Sane is part of City best XI and wait and see what he does over the next 2 or 3 weeks.Sterling will get his rest aswell.I am holding strong and I expect to get paid off this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

wardides wrote: »
    Tempted to do King to Wilson. Might just roll though and give King another go. Bit worried not to have any Spurs cover with this gameweeks but with Mane & Aguero, I think it will cover off anyone with Kane or Ali/Eriksen, so hopeful the latter get outscored by 2 previous. More I think about the more I think I'll just roll and try get Spurs players in after. Originally planned to get Davies in but can't bring myself to spend the 6m when Mendy & Robertson cost the same and offer so much more, in my head.

Yeah the extra .5 is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I don't think Sane will start. He had the summer off and still didn't play last week so I'm assuming that all isn't right there. I'd ditch him now as he seems out of favour and you'll have the same doubts every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ita down to tactics why he didnt play,Sane is part of City best XI and wait and see what he does over the next 2 or 3 weeks.Sterling will get his rest aswell.I am holding strong and I expect to get paid off this week .

Everyone expected Sterling to get breaks last year. Never really happened. He's as nailed as anyone.

Ederson, KDB, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling.

When fully fit, they all seem to start pretty much regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

West Ham were fairly uninspiring last week but Arnie looked very lively when WH got it to the top half of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

SlickRic wrote: »
    Everyone expected Sterling to get breaks last year. Never really happened. He's as nailed as anyone.

Ederson, KDB, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling.

When fully fit, they all seem to start pretty much regardless.

Never said he wasnt,and he is part of the best XI but he will get his rest aswell is all I am saying,I wouldnt be selling Sane if the reasoning is thinking he wont get game time.
    I seen some of his training footage ,he looked impressive to me and its harsh to dump him over the few minutes he had at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The 27k people that transfered kdb in might be dissapointed.I was close to transferring him in.It might help sane avoid the drop now,but i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The 27k people that transfered kdb in might be dissapointed.I was close to transferring him in.It might help sane avoid the drop now,but i doubt it.

Sanchez to Bilva is looking very tempting now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Surely a positive for those of us that own Sane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Surely a positive for those of us that own Sane

Regular Football Fan thoughts: That's a lot of creativity and assists missing from Man City

Fantasy Football Fan thoughts: Less rotation

:D

Advertisement