Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Is mane going up?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Any.recommendstion for a 5.5m midfielder

James MacArthur for 5.0 is decent value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Was hoping to bank, but looks like I need to figure out how to get a fourth Liverpool player and a couple of Mendys in fairly urgently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MR NINE wrote:
    Richarlison is predicted to go up in price tonight but he went off with an injury in the last game so it would be a risky game to bring him in without any further news on his injury

He didn't go for treatment when he came off which suggests it's not serious. He had a great game and was on a yellow so he might just have been taken off as a precaution.

km79 wrote: »
    Caught between protecting team value/ putting out fires and going all out in city at home to Huddersfield

They were woeful yesterday

Whilst I think City will thump them I think it’s unfair to say they were woeful.

I thought they played well and definitely deserved to score at least 1-2 goals. Chelsea were lucky not to go behind in that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

just used my free and a -8

Allison, Bellerin and Cairney Out

Pickord, Shaw and Fred in

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Neves, AWB and Shaw all over the 100K transfered in players. Spurs players top the transferred out numbers in each outfield position

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Whats the thinking with those moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

These knee jerks are brilliant. The more lads that take a hit the better.

I don’t see the sense in it as Giles would say if it was right in the first minutes it’s right in the last few minutes. It’s one week FFS, a small sample size. Mane will not 16 pts every week, Sane will be back next week. It’s madness to do a switch like that.
    Likewise the lad switching out Allisson for Pickford, Liverpool won 4-0 and their keeper got a BP, think about that, I’m looking at it going he’s a BP magnet get him in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I put in Jorgino and then found out World Cup sensation Lovern is out for a month. I'd swap him out but just know the guy I bring in will get a red card or something to add to the -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Switched out Luiz for Mendy. Man City have very nice fixtures coming up. Don't think they could of handpicked them better themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Going to bank and take 2 ft into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Green&Red wrote: »

I don’t see the sense in it as Giles would say if it was right in the first minutes it’s right in the last few minutes. It’s one week FFS, a small sample size. Mane will not 16 pts every week, Sane will be back next week. It’s madness to do a switch like that.
    Likewise the lad switching out Allisson for Pickford, Liverpool won 4-0 and their keeper got a BP, think about that, I’m looking at it going he’s a BP magnet get him in!

I don't think Mane is a knee jerk in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

"Interesting"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Going to bank and take 2 ft into next week.

This, hopefully.

People considering WC'ing already need to step away from the laptop for a day or two. One GW is such a small sample size. What happens next week if Kane or Lukaku bags a brace, Hazard gets double digits, Neves blanks and Shaw is benched?

Unless your team is in absolute ribbons, with half a dozen non-starters, then make the FT and leave GW2 play out.

PARlance wrote: »

This is what Liverpool do, Mane will score big this week, Firmino next week.
    Who are you swapping him out for?
    If it’s Sane/Mahrez then it is knee jerk, City are playing Huddersfield next

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Unless your team is in absolute ribbons, with half a dozen non-starters, then make the FT and leave GW2 play out.

Personally it was always my plan for a - 4 in GW2. I planned to triple up on City as I didn't want them in GW1. Right now it's looking like

Sanchez to B. Silva
    Peltier to Mendy

Or Sanchez to KDB
    David Luiz to Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sane out before Huddersfield is a bit though.

Bar KDB and maybe Sterling or Aguero, those City mid positions will be rotated. If you're going to pick one, just stick with it for at least a week or 2 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

David Luiz out, Mendy in.

Not enthused with taking Luiz out as he was a good pick and I had fully planned to have Chelsea defensive cover for a good few weeks, but watching Mendy yesterday I think he's going to be essential. So want to get on this before a rise, and can bring him in without a points hit.

The alternative was a 4 point hit and to fund it through ditching Eriksen for Richarlison, but Eriksen looked like he had a good game against Newcastle and I'd back him to outscore Richarlison next week.

So not getting on the Richarlison bandwagon (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Obviously very early but pointing towards 2 wrong choices:
    Siggy instead of Ricky (had Ricky in draft for ages but went with the logic that Dinge will replace Baines and Siggy will be on pens)
    VVD instead of Robertson (no particular reason, just think VVD will get half a dozen goals this season)
    Is Siggy to Ricky to correct, and back the 1m, a no brainer? Anyone see how Siggy played Sat?

• Advertisement

I’d also say that it’s madness to WC early this year. There are so many players being rested after the World Cup that it’s hard to know what a first team looks like for a lot of teams, especially United

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Gonna bank and give the lads a chance. My two main concerns are Ryan and Patricío in goals but I'll hold off on changing them till WC time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cairney - Neves I think before the rise

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sane out before Huddersfield is a bit though.

Bar KDB and maybe Sterling or Aguero, those City mid positions will be rotated. If you're going to pick one, just stick with it for at least a week or 2 IMO.

I get that, but when it's Sane out for Mane, I wouldn't call it knee-jerk. I would just say it's a realisation of what people should have already known...Both will score well but Mane won't be rotated half as much.

He's a proven FPL assist for a team that is FPL gold in terms of goals and minimal rotation. I just can't call getting him in as knee-jerk tbh, even for Sane.

I get that, but when it's Sane out for Mane, I wouldn't call it knee-jerk. I would just say it's a realisation of what people should have already known...Both will score well but Mane won't be rotated half as much.

He's a proven FPL assist for a team that is FPL gold in terms of goals and minimal rotation. I just can't call getting him in as knee-jerk tbh, even for Sane.

This bit, what if Mane is rotated next weekend and Sane is back in and scores well?
    City are rotation prone but you have Lallana, Henderson, Sturridge and Shaqiri on the bench yesterday, you'd have to think two of those come in next week

The sample size is too small.

Sane should definitely start against Huddersfield, Huddersfield who are second favourites to be relegated (them and Cardiff are unbackable), they are off the back of a 3-0 loss to chelsea. It makes zero sense to me.

Having said that Mane will probably get a hat-trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

This bit, what if Mane is rotated next weekend and Sane is back in and scores well?
    City are rotation prone but you have Lallana, Henderson, Sturridge and Shaqiri on the bench yesterday, you'd have to think two of those come in next week

The sample size is too small.

Sane should definitely start against Huddersfield, Huddersfield who are second favourites to be relegated (them and Cardiff are unbackable), they are off the back of a 3-0 loss to chelsea. It makes zero sense to me.

Having said that Mane will probably get a hat-trick

As a Liverpool supporter, Alisson, Van Dijk, Mane, Salah and Firmino will always play unless they need a rest after a Champions League match. You could probably add Robertson, Milner and Keita to that aswell. Absolutely no reason to rest them at the moment. City are quite different, I put Sanchez in cos I had no idea what City midfielder to put in for the Arsenal match. With Sterling playing and Sane not, I still don't. Safest City midfielder is De Bruyne now he has minutes under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had a good start so not planning on anything drastic (or anything at all ideally)…but one glaring concern is Lacazette.

Had a hunch that he and Arsenal would hit the ground running but it seems that he’s super low on confidence and Arsenal will be work in progress for a while.

Tempted to bring in Vardy, thought Leicester looked decent on Friday night – the 0.5m would be handy as well elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had a good start so not planning on anything drastic (or anything at all ideally)…but one glaring concern is Lacazette.

Had a hunch that he and Arsenal would hit the ground running but it seems that he’s super low on confidence and Arsenal will be work in progress for a while.

Tempted to bring in Vardy, thought Leicester looked decent on Friday night – the 0.5m would be handy as well elsewhere

I thought when he came on he gave the team a huge lift, he nearly made an immediate impact right away with Auba on the left and Laca up top.

I think Emery might start with both of them vs Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

No need for a transfer after GW1, team set up in mind for GW2. Plan to undertake any surgery required in GW3 with 2FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

sshhh, let them make their mistakes!

Advertisement