Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I have a child upstairs with severe Autism. Very aggressive, constantly beats his mother. Non verbal and needs help.

No therapies available due to funding. No summer help at home. No funding for it. Residential care for when he is to big and might really someone? Non existent.

Fxxk off Margaret Cash and the likes of you. You are a drain on myself amd everyother hard working man and woman in this country who needs to call on services when times are tough.

Anyone who advocates for the like of her sickens the hole of me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Melendez wrote: »
    I skipped back a few pages, this was on the first page I looked at. Plenty more if you check.

… and a real douzy on this page …

So to clarify.

you have no problem with her convictions
    or her bad parenting
    her previous refusal of a home
    no issue with the scam she used to jump the queue
    no issue with the scrounge mentality

but some person saying boss offends you ?

For you to think that boss is only associated with travelers says to me you are the one that stereotypes.

There's Tattoo from Fantasy Island for one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

bluewolf wrote:
    What is actually to be done about this though? what are the root causes? how do we productively do anything about it firstly at early stages and secondly when there are already a bunch of children brought into the situation? how do we do it without affecting people in genuine need also?

The root cause is a lack of education. Pavee Point and other Traveller organisation must row in and support change.
    But who do Pavee Point represent?
    What do they do there? A look at their website shows lots of reports and position papers and all that kind of stuff.
    Who are they exactly I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There was a radio interview on recently , early one morning when I was going to work and it was an interview with a woman outside Cloverhill prison. She was visiting her husband in the prison and she actually said she had 8 kids. Anyways she also said she was married at 15 by a bishop , she actually said his name but I can’t remember it now. It was only in the last few weeks I think.

The guy on the radio couldn’t believe a bishop married her at 15. It was actually very similar sounding situation to the woman here. No idea if it was the same woman though......

Thats Paddy O Gorman reporting for the SOR show(Now with Marian the wagon)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

How is it offensive? :confused:

You said she was being criticised based on Traveller stereotypes. I outlined what she was actually being criticised for, and asked YOU if YOU believe those things to be Traveller stereotypes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,288 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note22michael44 try and add something constructive to the thread or you'll be thread banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

What's so offensive about it..?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ED E wrote: »

Paddys report is the better than any comedy show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anthracite wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I'm not at all saying that all Travellers are like that, or that people like that are all Travellers.

I'm saying that people like that, of any background, should not be facilitated.

Oh sorry I know, sorry never made it clear in my post

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I made no assertion.,

I simply highlighted you did indeed object to the word Boss and used the quote as some sort of example of traveler bias.

Go back and look at what you typed .
    Are you now unable to even remember what you are quoting now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

So its the truth that is causing you offense then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I have a child upstairs with severe Autism. Very aggressive, constantly beats his mother. Non verbal and needs help.

No therapies available due to funding. No summer help at home. No funding for it. Residential care for when he is to big and might really someone? Non existent.

Fxxk off Margaret Cash and the likes of you. You are a drain on myself amd everyother hard working man and woman in this country who needs to call on services when times are tough.

Anyone who advocates for the like of her sickens the hole of me.

Sorry to hear, it's really really not fair. So many people need and deserve so much more help than they get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yep here it is, Cloverhill prison on that page.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/today-with-sean-o-rourke/programmes/2018/0717/979245-today-with-miriam-ocallaghan-tuesday-17-july-2018/?clipid=102874790#102874790‬;

Very similar situation to be honest.

Paddy O Gorman is the most condescending person I've ever heard..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭warsaw2018

tuxy wrote: »
    Some of her children were enrolled in a charity summer camp this year but were kicked out after 2 days because of behavior. She found it amusing.
    No hope for them. :(
    Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Put the children into state care (or track down the father(s) and determine if he/they can support the children).

it is likely going to cost us quite a bit to put these children into care, and i believe we have a shortage of social workers and foster parents as it is, so where are all these resources coming from, for what looks like from the outside, a non-essential case? i presume the children will end up being split also, which is certainly not going to help them.
    Remove all but basic benefits for her. Push her into employment, and when she is capable of providing for herself and her children, then she regains access to the children.

what employment are we pushing her into? which employer are we going to inflict her on and how are we going to do this?
    Aggressively settle travellers and jail any that try to cause truancy. She's a product of their "culture".

how would this work? what would be the process?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

well done on proving my point you have made no issue of anything concerning her but still remain steadfast in arguing.
    You just admitted you are not condemning her for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I thought that the age of consent was 17. Could her husband have been done for statutory rape?

I think the age of consent was 15 previously before 2006/7.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You could marry pre the age of majority with parental permission at one stage. Think you need to go to the courts for an exemption these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A new standard has now been set on how to get up the housing list and get a house before those above you, public shame the authorities who won't question you back in the media, make a scene on social media and have as many kids as you possibly can and up you go, this story really sets a new low for people in this country to aspire to.

The way RTE handled the interview and then the happy tale ends with her getting a house is like something out of the North Korean state propoganda machine. Fake news ahoy there.

Ok then a simple yes or no answer questions for you.

Do you think she deserves a house after previously snubbing her nose at one.
    Do you think a criminal should get priority over someone with no criminal record.
    Do you think having child after child after child with no form of being able to provide for them is the right thing to do?
    Do you think she was right to pull her scam to jump ahead of an already packed waiting list?

If you answer no to all why not only defend her but try make this an issue about travels which it is not.

Was yer man being put up by the state for a few years there from 2010 to 2013ish I wonder?..

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Mod Note22michael44 try and add something constructive to the thread or you'll be thread banned!

give me a ****ing break. you're singling me out among all the ****e that's been posted? i've posted lots of constructive stuff. i'm done with this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Odhinn wrote: »

You could marry pre the age of majority with parental permission at one stage. Think you need to go to the courts for an exemption these days.

I recall that Pavee Point are in favour of ending 16 and 17 year olds being able to marry. So a small step but in the right direction I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Would vilifying her include not wanting her to move in beside you..?

If it is then include yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Malayalam wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, it's really really not fair. So many people need and deserve so much more help than they get.

Yeh i never really complained before. What i do is i get up go out amd work for a living. I have a little job on the side also for an extra bit of cash so i can afford some therapies etc.

This has sickened to the point of emailing my local td's, shinners reps people before profit etc and telling them not to come near my door again that their a shower of enabling parasites themselves.

A pathetic little country where scrote and parasites reign supreme.

Lenient sentences for habitual offenders and free houses as long as you dont work.

A banana republic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

give me a ****ing break. you're singling me out among all the ****e that's been posted? i've posted lots of constructive stuff. i'm done with this thread.

I'd say they'd something a little more constructive in mind, but cheerio nonetheless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement