Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Championship Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

AGC wrote: »
    Regular PGA I should have said.

Did he win on European Tour? He did on challenge.

Hard to take to him, Butch called Rory robotic at the Open, Koepka is the ultimate robot

He won the Turkish Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

AdamD wrote: »
    Koepkas sheer lack of emotion is boring

Probably why he’s so good, doesn’t get caught up in his own emotions that fry his head

i heard golf was a mind game ()

• Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What do ye want him to do a somersault?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I have to say I thought brooks taping in on the last was ridiculous

Firstly Scott has to play out the hole then with crowds switched off
    Second he doesn’t give the fans the chance to applause him properly
    Thirdly it’s just stupid to do that as if to say what’s the big deal it means nothing to me really

ForeRight wrote: »
    I have to say I thought brooks taping in on the last was ridiculous

Firstly Scott has to play out the hole then with crowds switched off
    Second he doesn’t give the fans the chance to applause him properly
    Thirdly it’s just stupid to do that as if to say what’s the big deal it means nothing to me really

Maybe that's the whole point of it.

Be extremely blasé about it all and make his competitors feel like he can't ever be put under pressure.

Nothing would piss you off as much as a competitor as losing to a really easy going self assured winner who looks like he isn't really all that bothered.

• Advertisement

Maybe that's the whole point of it.

Be extremely blasé about it all and make his competitors feel like he can't ever be put under pressure.

Nothing would piss you off as much as a competitor as losing to a really easy going self assured winner who looks like he isn't really all that bothered.

Yeah I suppose so.
    He had a 2 shot lead on the last tee, takes driver and fires a rocket launcher over the corner. Insane. Even in his prime tiger couldn’t stand on people’s throats like that. Tiger ground guys down.
    Brooks was like a wrecking ball on that back 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

If Keopka becomes No. 1 for a long time it will be bad for Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,490 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can’t believe the criticism people are giving Koepka in here for flip sake

backspin. wrote: »

Looks like a great time for Professional Golf.

Spieth,Koepka,Thomas,DJ,Rory,Day all in their mid 20's early 30's and will probably be around contending for majors for close to the next decade and with Tiger back on the rise taking on players who grew up as fans of his it should be great watching for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah not good for a sport having a top guy with a hard-to-spell name...

• Advertisement

Brooks may have won the battle today but I think Tiger might have the last laugh tonight. Schoolboy error from brooks turning his back.

33ygqrq.jpg

akzz46.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

ForeRight wrote: »
    Brooks may have won the battle today but I think Tiger might have the last laugh tonight. Schoolboy error from brooks turning his back.

And that's before they ever tee it up on a golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think Game has never been better as some many great players now.

Don't get the pessimistic views at all. Faldo or Monty's were not exactly great character's either

Was Jack Nicklaus show that much emotion as a player.I'm not old enough to have seen him play but it always seems when you look at old clips and people talk about him that he was very calm and composed and didn't get too up or down.

When you look at the likes of John Rahm and Tyrell Hatton 2 very talented young players they could learn a thing or two from Koepka.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Koepka is going to win a lot of majors. In his three majors he has shown in the incredible composure, has won a tight one, come from behind, albeit only a shot, and win from the front. It looks like he has it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Think Game has never been better as some many great players now.

Don't get the pessimistic views at all. Faldo or Monty's were not exactly great character's either
    Yeah. It's a completely different environment now. You look at that leaderboard and there are so many who have won majors or who have come close up there: Koepka, Woods, Scott, Cink, Rahm, Molinari, Thomas and Pieters. And that's just in the top ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There's calm and composed and then there's barely looking happy as he knocks in the 1 footer to win a major. Just difficult to get excited about a guy winning a major who isn't even excited to win himself.

Keopka was being interviewed by sky golf at carnoustie. The interviewer asked him about driving the par 4 and his ball rolling past Harrington on the green. Keopka's response was to say in a dismissive tone "he'll be alright".

Where I play golf you apologize for something like that, maybe keopka did apologize to Harrington. But from his tone in the interview I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,490 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What a bunch of moaners - holy crap

Interesting article on Koepka here by Alan Shipnuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

prawnsambo wrote: »

they have history - Koepka got Shipnuck thrown out of the US open presser after he won because he believes Shipnuck did a hatchet job on an article for Golf.com...

either way can't believe that people are up in arms about his demeanour - he's a stone cold assassin on the course.... can't imagine harrington gives a toss about a ball rolling up while he was over a putt in the open...

His not giving a sh1t / I don't get any credit routine is obviously something that works for him to get motivated....

they have history - Koepka got Shipnuck thrown out of the US open presser after he won because he believes Shipnuck did a hatchet job on an article for Golf.com...

either way can't believe that people are up in arms about his demeanour - he's a stone cold assassin on the course.... can't imagine harrington gives a toss about a ball rolling up while he was over a putt in the open...

His not giving a sh1t / I don't get any credit routine is obviously something that works for him to get motivated....
    Well (a) he didn't get him thrown out, but did try and (b) according to Shipnuck, it wasn't a hatchet job but the omission of a photo of his trainer from the cover of Golf Magazine:
    I brokered another cover story for him, for GOLF Magazine, focusing on his and Johnson’s tight relationship with their shared trainer, Joey Diovisalvi. All three were supposed to be on the cover but the photos didn’t work out and the June 2018 cover of GOLF wound up being just the U.S. Open champions

Is everyone around him the problem or is it brooks himself.

Is everyone around him the problem or is it brooks himself.

Whats the problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Himself and Paddy Reed in the foursomes surely!

Whats the problem?

His bad attitude.

His bad attitude.

I didn't see any bad attitude on course and certainly wouldn't be basing that on one article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Shipnuck is a clown fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

qwabercd wrote: »

Shipnuck is a clown fwiw.

No he’s not.

Bud, Sweat & Tees is one of the great golf books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭qwabercd

No he’s not.

Bud, Sweat & Tees is one of the great golf books.

Agreed, one of my favourite golf books. Doesn't impact my opinion of him though.

Advertisement