Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S 500gb Rocket League + 3mths Xbox Gold 125.00 all in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just picked up mine, seems the bottom was taped up again as well. Haven't had a chance to set it up yet. It also looks like someone else's is ready for collection in mace kimmage as well, same size package sitting there

• Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

One S doesn’t upscale any games to 4K

It does upscale games to 4K, same as PS4 Pro. The only console that does native 4K is the X.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Just picked up mine, seems the bottom was taped up again as well. Haven't had a chance to set it up yet. It also looks like someone else's is ready for collection in mace kimmage as well, same size package sitting there

That was mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Shame I missed out on that, wouldnt mind picking one up for 120 quid.

Any chances of this coming back at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

og2k7 wrote: »
    Shame I missed out on that, wouldnt mind picking one up for 120 quid.

Any chances of this coming back at all?

I think someone mentioned earlier that they got an email to say the item wouldn't be coming back into stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned earlier that they got an email to say the item wouldn't be coming back into stock.

Think that was for the original package, though its probably unlikely this one will be back either.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Patww79 wrote: »

Thanks for the response, you snooze you loose eh

Its not that I needed it haha

You never know. I don't think anyone expected it to land the second time so maybe we'll see it again. If I see it I'll stick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

coach22 wrote: »
    That was mine!

Haha what are the odds on that? Should have said it was mine as well, he even asked if it was one or two packages!

I'm not at home to check but think my gold pass is only for two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is there any expiration on the passes, could be a few months before I get mine setup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Kolido wrote: »
    Is there any expiration on the passes, could be a few months before I get mine setup.

It shouldn't expire. If it was sitting in Currys for another few months you would still expect it to work when you buy it , that's how I see it.
    Not in a few months anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Kolido wrote: »
    I didn't see one... Will check when I get home.

Game pass is very cool good catalogue of games .. The only thing is waiting for game to download it can take a while sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I'm out of xbox/ps game since GTA 5 on the 360, what absolute second hand must haves on the One are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

the corpo wrote: »
    I'm out of xbox/ps game since GTA 5 on the 360, what absolute second hand must haves on the One are there?

Witcher 3
    Skyrim (mainly for the mods)
    Resident evil 7
    Doom

I also think it's worth buying the Wolfenstein games

Anyone play Metal Gear Solid 5, and is it any good? I've no interest in the mad shooting and respawning stuff, looking for something a bit more laid back. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Played a bit of Forza after setting up the console last night. Liked it a lot more than I expected (it's not a serious driving sim like I thought it would be).

Never owned any Xbox before so thinking of picking up the Halo collection and possibly a Gears of War game.

Also definitely getting a copy of Rare Replay which has a tonne of great retro games.

The people who got the second wave of the offer definitely did better than the first who got that Rocket League bilge.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Patww79 wrote:
    Anyone play Metal Gear Solid 5, and is it any good? I've no interest in the mad shooting and respawning stuff, looking for something a bit more laid back. Any other suggestions?

I played some of it. It starts off fairly good but it gets very repetitive. I lost interest before I could finish it.

It's nothing like the old games, but you might still enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Hococop wrote: »
    Witcher 3
    Skyrim (mainly for the mods)
    Resident evil 7
    Doom

I also think it's worth buying the Wolfenstein games

I would add to that list:
    - Sunset Overdrive (XBox One exclusive game)
    - Ryse (also XOne exclusive)
    - Cuphead (very very very hard platformer that looks like old Warner Bros cartoons)
    - Ori and the Blind Forrest (another platformer, this time not that hard, but beautiful)

Video games are not only shooters ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

jontr wrote: »
    - Cuphead (very very very hard platformer that looks like old Warner Bros cartoons)
    - Ori and the Blind Forrest (another platformer, this time not that hard, but beautiful)

Sniper Elite 4 ...

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm going to have a One S for sale, and will offer it to a boardsie before it goes on Adverts. I bought it with the intention of it going in the bedroom, but the OH has made it clear that it ain't happening.

Full disclosure:

- This xbox I'm getting rid of is from the first batch on sale last week. I paid a premium for it (missed the deal at the time).
    - Has been opened, and used for a few hours.
    - Price is higher than €125, but less than what I paid for it.
    - Would prefer someone who can collect in Dublin.

PM me if you're interested.

Currently working down the list of people who showed an interest in the Xbox. Much like the original offer, you snooze you lose. If I don't get a reply to my PM within a couple of hours, then I'm on to the next.

Ryse is available on game pass at the minute as well :)

Played a bit of Forza after setting up the console last night. Liked it a lot more than I expected (it's not a serious driving sim like I thought it would be).

Never owned any Xbox before so thinking of picking up the Halo collection and possibly a Gears of War game.

Also definitely getting a copy of Rare Replay which has a tonne of great retro games.
    I played forza to...it looks fantastic and it is fun....I dont like having to sit through all the blooming cut scenes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

+1 for Ori, the only game I've ever 100%-ed on Xbox.

PES 2018 Master League is great if you like football games, playing a season/Champions League/building a squad over multiple years.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

got this yesterday, but only opened today, the x2 bottom seals were broken and you could open the box no problem, so does anyone know why this is that people are getting them with broken seals? Think im gonna bang off an email the currys to see what they say....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Sweet bajeebies, can't believe I missed out on this twice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rocksolid wrote: »
    got this yesterday, but only opened today, the x2 bottom seals were broken and you could open the box no problem, so does anyone know why this is that people are getting them with broken seals? Think im gonna bang off an email the currys to see what they say....

What difference does it make if the seals were open if everything is there?

Most of the Xboxs come in a standard box. Then Microsoft make a bundle and open the standard box, put in the game code and put the outer wrap on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What difference does it make if the seals were open if everything is there?

Most of the Xboxs come in a standard box. Then Microsoft make a bundle and open the standard box, put in the game code and put the outer wrap on the box.

Curiosity....

The seals are on the outer wrap which means the console and game code etc would have been put in before the seals were stuck on, so I'm just wondering why they are broken......

Yeah I'd say they were open to put in the Game Pass and Gold things.

Speaking of the Gold thing, mine is showing expired on the 11th of August but it was supposed to be for a month.

• Advertisement

Is everyone's glacial at downloading games?

Advertisement