Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One S 500gb Rocket League + 3mths Xbox Gold 125.00 all in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_18.06.07.png

Arrrggghhhh... where is it??!? Damn my impatience!

EDIT: Phew..

IMG_20180808_182026.jpg

Thanks again Sir Oxman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Got it this morning
    Funny thing the tracking then began to work and they said they attempted delivery yesterday but had incorrect address ( not so and I was home all day) so anyone expecting it and worried, don't be 😉

To report, two seals were broken but everything inside absolutely brand spanking new

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

These are already up on Adverts.ie

These are already up on Adverts.ie
    Just one that I can see but yeah, that unfortunately is inevitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

He didn't buy 1, he bought 2.

Complete scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

RossieMan wrote:

Ha proper Del Boy

RossieMan wrote: »

Complete scumbag.
    He thanked the OP... so that's.... something...

Screen_Shot_2018-08-08_at_18.54.45.png

He's everything that's wrong with this country. Trying to make a quick buck off someone else misfortune on missing out. I'd have no problem if he was only trying to get 20-30 each. But he's trying to get retail price. Complete prick.

Yea his adverts ones are ruined now really. He'll have them on done deal shortly I suspect.

Always one or two fckers
    That's the risk of Bargain Alerts though.
    Good they can be shamed ( and banned?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

sugarman wrote: »
    Was anyone elses box opened/resealed? Bottom of mine was taped up.. but everything else looks untouched/sealed inside. Wont get a chance to set it up until later, hoping the codes are good.

Mines was like that too, gave it to the godson the jammy Lil ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

tinner777 wrote: »
    i got the forza 3 package

Wouldn't have minded that. I'm never loading up this Rocket League crud. Also, mine was already opened too.

I've no problem with anyone buying to sell if they're on the ball enough to do it. Good initiative.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have minded that. I'm never loading up this Rocket League crud. Also, mine was already opened too.

I've no problem with anyone buying to sell if they're on the ball enough to do it. Good initiative.

But not taking two plus
    Community here want to buy them to use them 99%
    If we go with your thinking, we'll have businesses buying up OUR bargains and that's ok?
    No

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    But not taking two plus
    Community here want to buy them to use them 99%
    If we go with your thinking, we'll have businesses buying up OUR bargains and that's ok?
    No

I don't mind who does it in a free market. Obviously I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on one, and I'd never bother buying to sell as I hate dealing with online buying messers, but I'd rather see it than someone having to prove intentions before buying.

I actually recommend it... have it on the Mac for a while now.

Good fun - mix of footie and cars!

I don't mind who does it in a free market. Obviously I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on one, and I'd never bother buying to sell as I hate dealing with online buying messers, but I'd rather see it than someone having to prove intentions before buying.

That's no defence!
    Most folks here don't mind one but two or more, that's taking the piss

This community is to save us a few bob on something we want to own.
    No one ever asks someones intention before buying- it's taken on honour that you want it, to use it.

This guy/girl has denied a few people this bargain and that's not ok

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

sugarman wrote: »
    With a bit of luck he'll be stuck with them.

For anyone looking for a cheap alternative, theres currently 15% off ebay site wide so you buy from a recognized retailer like Argos or Currys etc.. 500gb models are working out €185ish or 1TB for €195ish.

Hey, do you the code for this?
    Also where did you see the 500GB for €185? The cheapest I can see is £230, I did try looking!
    Thanks in advance :-)

And he's put them on done deal. At least we've made him pay a euro for the privilege, as the scabby **** only went with 1 picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Missed out on this unfortunately! wouldn't have minded replacing my original xbox One as the thing is so bloody big...

Always love the whinging that appears from those who missed out though, and the pathetic adverts.ie thread spoiling. Sure nobody ever complains about all the usual "I don't even know what this thing even is but I bought 7!!" type comments that usually appear on here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭circadian

RossieMan wrote: »
    And he's put them on done deal. At least we've made him pay a euro for the privilege, as the scabby **** only went with 1 picture.

Responses on adverts are charming, to say the least.

• Advertisement

Get what he deserves.

I don't even want it, but it's annoying for people that do. He had fair offers of 40 over what he paid and rejected it.

It was easy money for him, but he wants to line his pockets on those who missed out.

Anyone who agrees with this is just as bad. It's not what bargain alerts is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Yeah, wouldn't have a major issue if he split the difference, he'd make a bit of profit and someone else still gets a bargain. Insisting on 200 is a dick move.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Yeah, wouldn't have a major issue if he split the difference, he'd make a bit of profit and someone else still gets a bargain. Insisting on 200 is a dick move.

Let's not forget guys he has 2 for sale so never had any intention of buying for his own use, whereas my son would have loved it.
    If he sells both for asking he will make 160 profit for nothing.

That is simply not what this forum is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Incidentally, if any of lucky purchasers are having an unlikely sudden case of buyers remorse, I'm willing to do the right thing and take it off your hands!

Missed out on this unfortunately! wouldn't have minded replacing my original xbox One as the thing is so bloody big...

Always love the whinging that appears from those who missed out though, and the pathetic adverts.ie thread spoiling. Sure nobody ever complains about all the usual "I don't even know what this thing even is but I bought 7!!" type comments that usually appear on here :p

Keep an eye out for any trade-in offers that might come up. There was a great one at Gamestop a while back where you could go from the One to One S for €70 with a few games included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Everyone please try out Rocket League. It is an incredible game. Easy to pick up but a massive skill ceiling, pros are still learning techniques.

I haven’t stopped playing it since the beta on PS4 over 3 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...he will make ... profit ....

That is simply not what this forum is about.

That used to be the case. Since adverts went commercial I don't think it is.

I gave it ten minutes but it wasn't for me.

I gave it ten minutes but it wasn't for me.

10 minutes is not enough.

You probably only hit the ball once in that time. You need to give it weeks, months, years.

one of the best and most frustrating games out there.
    been playing it on and off( and its predecessor) for over 9 years now.

• Advertisement

The thing with rocket league is why would i want to invest the time and effort getting good at hitting a ball with a car, when that time could be better spent getting good at shooting people with a gun? :P

My kids used to love it, though.

Advertisement