Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’d love that. Him and the wife arguing for a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I’d love that. Him and the wife arguing for a season.

yeah! with added Roddy Doyle-isms ..... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/18/star-trek-picard-storyline/

Some confirmation of details about the new show; including reassuring this fan that yes, Picard will head into space. Also that the show is serialised so presumably this ties into the mysterious arc that led Picard to return to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭Evade

yeah! with added Roddy Doyle-isms ..... :D
    No. Just no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Saw it recently somewhere that o brien is literally the only true or positive depiction of Irish people in any form.
    Very true if you think about it.
    Not sure how an o brien series would work though.

Leave it to Chief O Brien comedy series eh no thanks

• Advertisement

Saw it recently somewhere that o brien is literally the only true or positive depiction of Irish people in any form.
    Very true if you think about it.
    Lieutenant Riley in TOS wasn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not sure how an o brien series would work though.

A series where O'Brien has become disillusioned with mundane life at the Academy after a few years, whereby he eventually decides to answer the call for engineers to assist in the rebuilding of Cardassia. Plenty of scope there with his inherent dislike/distrust of Cardassians, the long distances to his family, his proximity to DS9 again, Garak, etc etc. Obviously it'd never happen, but fun to think about.

Inviere wrote: »
    A series where O'Brien has become disillusioned with mundane life at the Academy after a few years, whereby he eventually decides to answer the call for engineers to assist in the rebuilding of Cardassia. Plenty of scope there with his inherent dislike/distrust of Cardassians, the long distances to his family, his proximity to DS9 again, Garak, etc etc. Obviously it'd never happen, but fun to think about.
    If it's going to be set around the same time as Picard I'd think Cardassia would have been rebuilt by then.

O'Brien getting bored of teaching is a nice hook but I'd go a different direction and have him be some sort of last resort fixer. As in the guy you call when you just can't get your new ship design to stop shaking itself apart at medium warp speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Just hours of this: https://chiefobrienatwork.com/

I have one fond memory where he went full jimmy rabbite, think it was in DS9, he said he loves walking the Dublin mountains and someone saying to him ‘I thought dublin had rolling hills?’ And he throws a full crank ‘they’re mountains!!’ :)

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    If it's going to be set around the same time as Picard I'd think Cardassia would have been rebuilt by then.

Cardassia yes, but don't forget this was an empire. I probably wouldn't set it around the time of Picard though, I'd say maybe about 10 years after DS9, meaning there could be a lot of humanitarian issues going on in lesser colonies etc. O'Brien would have heard of the stories of people starving, struggling to survive, no spare/repair parts to keep generators etc going....he'd have looked at his own life, unfulfilling job, Keiko being a very successful botanist spending a lot of time off world with Molly & Yoshi, and he'd have made the difficult decision to up sticks and do something meaningful.

It's easy to imagine bands of rogue Cardassians stealing resources, crime, trafficking maybe, all in the name of survival. O'Brien helping Cardassians to rebuild what they've lost, it's a real irony.

I have one fond memory where he went full jimmy rabbite, think it was in DS9, he said he loves walking the Dublin mountains and someone saying to him ‘I thought dublin had rolling hills?’ And he throws a full crank ‘they’re mountains!!’ :)

Yeah I remember, it's the ep where they find the crashed Dominion bug ship and fight to keep it. One of his pals gets mortally wounded, and eventually dies.

I probably wouldn't set it around the time of Picard though, I'd say maybe about 10 years after DS9
    I think realistically you'd have to go forward about as much as time has elapsed since whichever character was last seen.

Yeah I remember, it's the ep where they find the crashed Dominion bug ship and fight to keep it. One of his pals gets mortally wounded, and eventually dies.

I wanna see an o brien series now just to see what Dublin looks like in a Star Trek far away future :)

Liberty hall better still be there haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Rawr

Oh it was worse than that. Crewman Muniz stated "But Ireland doesn't have mountains Chief?"

...by that end of that episode Muniz was dead....

...a cautionary tale I guess ;D

I wanna see an o brien series now just to see what Dublin looks like in a Star Trek far away future :)

Liberty hall better still be there haha
    If town planning hasn't changed from now until the start of the 25th century Dublin has probably expanded to cover the whole island.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Rawr

If town planning hasn't changed from now until the start of the 25th century Dublin has probably expanded to cover the whole island.

And the Luas Green Line goes to Rosslare ;D

And a glorious statue to Leo replacing the spire probably

And a glorious statue to Leo replacing the spire probably

From one heap of cr@p to another then :o

From one heap of cr@p to another then :o

I’ll take the spire if I had to choose :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And the dogs official name is
    Number One

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Should be a trailer along soon hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm going to have to get amazon Prime...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gimme the trailer now!!!!!!!

I'm going to explode waiting here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would so love if Data was in it and Riker too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Data would find a way to age so he would fit in with his friends.

Advertisement