Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

For first contact see

Star Trek Borg Queen assembly - VFX shot breakdown

Don't know what they did for last episode.

Post edited by corkie on

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Do Klingons have as long a lifespan as Vulcans?

Kang, Kor and Koloth were still alive 100 as fett encountering Kirk so shouldn’t Worf have been portrayed as much younger in this series.

I don’t know how old Tuvok was in Voyager but I was surprised to see him with grey hair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,114 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I want a series with the crew we ended with, but I don't know if they have the space for it really. Discovery is ending, but they have already announced the Academy series that will take over from it, set in the 32nd century. We have Strange New Worlds confirmed for Season 2 and Season 3 iirc, and then Section 31 Paramount+ Movie. The also have Lower Decks and Prodigy going on as well. Would they continue to have 3 live action shows on the go? I think the appetite for a continuation of the Picard time line is far greater than the Discovery/Academy one. If they are cutting back, maybe they go to two Live Action shows, or maybe Strange New Worlds ends on season 3 and this 'new' crew take over in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Tuvok was an ensign on Sulu's Excelsior so he was over 100 on Voyager. There's no real indication of when Klingons typically go grey or require afternoon naps compared to humans, for all we know the majority could dye their hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I don’t follow what the audience likes or dislikes but for myself I’d only be interested in a Starfleet Academy series set some where between the start of the Pike era and the end of the Picard era.

The 32nd century makes things too easy and I’d prefer cadets not be able to teleport around, etc.

And as to ending STRANGE NEW WORLDS WITH SEASON 3 - no flipping way….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

And the Enterprise B. Spotted him recently on a re-watch of First Contact and had no memory of him being there before!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

He was also a mercenary for a while. Picard knocks him out with a horse saddle.

(Ent-B was Generations not First Contact)

Lieutenant

An Enterprise-B lieutenant

This lieutenant attempted to beam aboard El-Aurian refugees from the Lakul but was unable to get a lock because they seemed to be in a sort of temporal flux. He later reported the falling percent of the ship's hull integrity. (Star Trek Generations)

This lieutenant was played by Tim Russ, better known as Tuvok from Star Trek: Voyager.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

That was Tim Russ playing a different character but Tuvok was on the Excelsior.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

That was a human on Enterprise B wasn't it? Wasn't Tim Russ a Klingon in DS9 as well?

I was playing a PS5 videogame called Horizon Forbidden West recently and Tim turns up playing a tribal chaplain with a mission for our hero, Aloy.

• Advertisement

He played 3 non Tuvok characters (also a changeling I suppose) and...

In Spaceballs he didn't play sh1t

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait that was Tim Russ in Spaceballs?

You say it, and share the photos and I still don't see it lol

Officially known as "Trooper with Comb" or "Desert Combing Trooper" if you go by Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He's no Jeffrey Combs though!

You're not a proper Star Trek 'til he cameos.

I always think of this guy. Who was also in X-Files and Buffy.

One I never knew until today was.

This guy

played this guy

On Ceti Alpha 5.

Shocked

when I checked IMDB.

Wait until you find out the Federation Ambassador from Star Trek V fled to the Klingon Empire, got surgery to blend in with the locals, became chancellor, faked his death, then fled to Cardassia, got surgery to blend in with the locals again, and tortured Picard for fun.

Episode 2 and what's this strange feeling I'm experiencing? It's like ... ... enjoyment?

The moody lighting's stupid, as was the reverse tractor beam, but overall the DNA was there; characters behaving as expected, decisions appropriate for a piece of fiction. Even Raffi's bit worked, even if it still feels like a character in search of a purpose.

Blame Wesley, he invented the reverse tractor beam way back in the Naked Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Finally got around to finishing this.

The writing was absolutely diabolical, I mean really laugh out loud with irony poor, but I enjoyed it for the aEaster eggs all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Stopped watching Season 2 around episode 4 and never went back to it until this week. Trying to get through it caus people tell me season 3 is awesome. But it is like chewing nails, the writing and premise is soooooo boring.

@Vicxas You probably did not have to watch Season 2, to enjoy Season 3.? 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭eadrom

Do yourself a favour, skip it. It has absolutely nothing to do with season 3 and just gets worse as it goes along.

Like really, maybe the worst thing about season 3 was that it brought back memories of season 2. Spare yourself, while you still can.

The only good thing about watching season 2 is it's like a documentary about just how incredibly bad a show can fuk up.

I still can't get over some of the mad stuff that happens. My favourite minor thing is

Picard recognized the bullet holes in the wall of his house from the battle. But they also beamed 1 of Seal Team Borg into the wall. How does he not remember growing up with that 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

Finished Season 3 there recently. OK, the bad first...so it's unashamedly, completely self indulgently, an absolute nostalgia fest. Strip away the almost fan-fic levels of nostalgia, and the plot is pretty thin on the ground. It's all completely bound together by nostalgia.

But....after the eye rolling ending of Season 1, followed by the slog that was Season 2...screw it, I don't care. If this is to be the official swan song on the TNG crew, then Season 3 was more than welcome to double down on nostalgia imo.

It worked beautifully well, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of every episode. It became less so a nostalgia fest, and turned into a rousing love letter to a show I grew up with (and more.) The fleet museum scene was absolutely epic, like seeing some old friends again after a long long time. The D reveal was goose bump inducing, and the detail, my god the detail of the internal recreation was mind blowing. I purposely looked for an Okuda name during the post credits of that episode, and sure enough, Mike popped up. Sensational that was.

Absolutely brilliant, from start to finish. Hats off, they finally found a formula that works. Another wonderful nod was the name Anton Chekov, beautiful touch I thought.

One of the HUGE elements for me was the sound stage and soundtrack....they completely nailed it. The subtle, and not so subtle connections were wonderfully done. The end credits playing the First Contact theme worked so damn well too. I could go on and on.

Between Picard S3, SNW, and LD, I've enjoyed all of it through and through. Discovery can't hold a candle to any of them, so the sooner it ends the better.

Burned through season 2, skipping over the awful, AWFUL Jurati/ Seven/ Raffi bullshit and pretty much watched the recaps at the start of each episode.

Im halfway through season 3 and im almost ready to forgive Star Trek for Discovery and Season 2. Its a complete nostalgia trip but honestly i dont care.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The indulgent nostalgia has barely started if you're only at the half way point.

The above comment pleases me

Interesting interview with Terry M'talas. He firstly confirmed that "Star Trek: Legacy" is just still a pipe-dream and nothing is actually happening just yet. But he also elaborated on something noted by some about the tone of the show.

Emphasis mine: Matalas effectively confirming that yes, this season was drawn as more of a new Trek Movie than TV show in terms of how it treated the characters; and interesting that it was a conscious choice that was understood and acknowledged - rather than some blind swing taken by someone who didn't understand the source material in the first place.

I think it could be a mix-and-match. Again, let me be clear: there's nothing in development. It's just an exciting pie-in-the-sky idea. But it would mix and match. But I would love to go back to the spirit of Star Trek: The Next Generation quite a bit. This last season of Picard is not Season 8 of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It's more Star Trek 11. It's a movie. The characters are much closer to their cinematic versions than they are Star Trek: The Next Generation versions of their characters. I would love to go back to the spirit of Star Trek: The Next Generation as much as you can, but we'd have to see if it would be possible. Who knows? 

• Advertisement

You know, a lot of the time this would be arse covering but a showrunner to negative reception but

1. Given the reception of the show
    2. The knowledge on screen
    3. Hearing the Okudas and Drexlers gush

I'm inclined to believe him. He seems like a proper fan and "gets" the vision of the show.

Unfortunately the studio heads will just see the numbers and assume that movie Trek on the small screen is all people want

Advertisement