Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Sinus pain wrote: »
    What is the starting rate for executive officer? There seems to be a few figures knocking around the internet and I’m unsure which one is correct

Will be 29316 from Oct 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Cool that’s great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Through to the next stage whatever it is

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Placed in the early 200's. Message says they are taking up to 641 for round 2 in the first batch. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

Does that mean anyone who placed outside the 600s won’t be called to the next stage ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

Pickysue wrote: »
    Does that mean anyone who placed outside the 600s won’t be called to the next stage ever?

Yes it is so confusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

They usually do it in batches. So first 600 now then in a few months or so they will call the next 600 and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

I think I'm out then, over 1600, no way they'll get through that far. Well done and Best of luck to those got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Those outside 641 won't be called just yet. They will whittle down the numbers from the first lot.

Placed in the early 200's. Message says they are taking up to 641 for round 2 in the first batch. Best of luck everyone.

That's great results. Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

HI,
    Does anyone know what the total score was?
    I just want to know what percentage I got..
    As usual it's all very unclear..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Pretty confused. Didn't fall within the 600 or so bracket but does that now mean I didn't get it? I'm well over the qualifying score, but the wording of the message isn't exactly clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pickysue

Oh that’s good so.. am only just outside the cut off point..Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

No they normally do batches so depending on where you are in the OOM (order of Merit) you'll be called later. The panel will open in April 2019 (the last panel for EO closes then) so they will call people over 642 in the next few months or even next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

FenFlynn wrote: »
    I think I'm out then, over 1600, no way they'll get through that far. Well done and Best of luck to those got through.

Don't dispair I was over 3k the last time, got called a called for second round 8 months later. The E-Tray did me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Not too bad I guess.

I did very well I don’t want to put my oom in here but I’m well under 40 in both comps

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rewind

I placed 1,500 or something. Fairly confused/annoyed as I didn't realise it was for placement. Assumed it was a two stage process with a verbal/numerical reasoning aspect. Then again there was no real way if studying for it. Ah well. Best of luck to the rest of ye. And congratulations who made it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaserGreat

Can anyone recommend any ways to pull in better scores in the tests? I’m well over the qualifying but still ended up in the 1100’s. Feeling very disheartened, would just like to improve for future competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

MaserGreat wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any ways to pull in better scores in the tests? I’m well over the qualifying but still ended up in the 1100’s. Feeling very disheartened, would just like to improve for future competitions

I'm in the same boat.... hard luck!

• Advertisement

I did well and I pictured myself in the EO role and answered the questions as an EO and not as the role I’m in now, but I answers the questions about myself honestly. But the exams may f*ck me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

MaserGreat wrote: »

I was told by someone who used to work in PAS that if there's an answer that seems almost too obvious and one that might also be right, but involved you thinking into a fair bit, it's probably best to pick the first one. Don't be disheartened, there's just a very high calibre in and the score difference between 1100 and 641 is most likely very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

How did people's scores relate to their place? I got 590 in the assessment and placed around 1400, fairly baffled especially since the qualifying score was less than 400. Though I suppose the must have been a lot of applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

The Questionnaire is usually my weakest part so its not great for me that's its now the key to the next stage. I did get my best score in one of those so far so I might get called in the next batch or so.

How did people's scores relate to their place? I got 590 in the assessment and placed around 1400, fairly baffled especially since the qualifying score was less than 400. Though I suppose the must have been a lot of applicants.

I got 664 and placed 137

I got 664 and placed 137

That's really impressive, really no idea how they assess. Will have to try again next year.

FenFlynn wrote: »
    That's really impressive, really no idea how they assess. Will have to try again next year.

It's an awful way to assess people really.
    The tests are much worse for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Sinus pain wrote: »
    I did very well I don’t want to put my oom in here but I’m well under 40 in both comps

Congratulations, that's an excellent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

Placed 1099 and feeling a bit delflated. Will they definitely call the next 600 after the first batch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭plibige

Just to make some people feel better, i'm in the late 3000's! So there was massive interest and a huge number made qualifying standard. I haven't a clue what i did wrong either but i clearly don't have the nack for these job place situational tests

Advertisement