Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 beanzoo

The camera seems quite good I am not a big user for the camera tho, that in one of the reasons I went for the lite version. here is to quick snap I just took in the garden only setting i changed from default is hdr to auto.
    https://imgur.com/a/G4RAOxh
    https://imgur.com/a/xcBbIgK

Thanks for the link on the radio will look into that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

beanzoo wrote: »
    The camera seems quite good I am not a big user for the camera tho, that in one of the reasons I went for the lite version. here is to quick snap I just took in the garden only setting i changed from default is hdr to auto.
    https://imgur.com/a/G4RAOxh
    https://imgur.com/a/xcBbIgK

Thanks for the link on the radio will look into that for sure.

Apparently HDR on the non Lite A2 actually just sharpens the image and doesn't make it HDR-ey, may be worth leaving it on

Also, those pics are fine. It's low light that may be the issue. Yeah I'm not fussed on the camera either but it's the wife that deems it important.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hi lads, I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Mi A2

Does anyone know if Eglobal.eu or Honorbuy ship from Europe or do they both ship from china?

Also does anyone know if this site is legit?

https://www.miespaom/en/xiaomi-mi-a2-4gb-64gb-blue-5548

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Does anyone know if Eglobal.eu or Honorbuy ship from Europe or do they both ship from china?

That link doesn't work for me, is it the Mi Espana one?
    I've been looking on kimovil.com comparison site and it says that one is in Spain but ships from China
    There's one called GeekMaxi that says ships from Germany, going to investigate that one.

Try to pay extra to get it shipped from EU and avoid paying way more on customs!

64gb Blue version looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Has anyone purchased from Amazon? The 64gb version is about €252 on both .es and .it I guess that is the difference in the VAT that the Chinese sellers are avoiding...

But I think I would prefer having the Amazon guarantee on what is still a very new and untested phone.

Anyone got any feedback on delivery times from either?

[Edit] The €252 price is a marketplace seller fulfilled by Amazon, from Amazon.es themselves the price is €271.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

I ordered the Mi A2 Lite from eglobal and I'm guessing it came from the EU. Was here in a week, delivered by DPD with no customs.

As I mentioned above i got mine from honerbuy as it was recommended many times in other treads and has PayPal option, they dispatched next day from Italy (according to dhl). the site u linked is blocked by anti virus (eset, i get it free) if that means anything.

Just discovered the lite has infrared and i can control the TV with it, last time I had a phone with it was 15 years ago bit random to bit fitted but a bit of fun.

My trusty HTC One has an infrared blaster (still kept for a backup phone) but I’ve not once ever used it.

So lads I think that’s a couple of ye with the Lite now. Any opinions worth publishing after some extended use? Would you recommend? Any annoyances?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

theteal wrote: »
    My trusty HTC One has an infrared blaster (still kept for a backup phone) but I’ve not once ever used it.

So lads I think that’s a couple of ye with the Lite now. Any opinions worth publishing after some extended use? Would you recommend? Any annoyances?

Yea I second this. I'm itching to buy the A2 but would like to hear some real world feedback on it.

And I see the 6Gb, 128GB version is on honorbuy for €263
    https://www.honorbuy.com/1515-xiaomi-mi-a2-official-global-version-6gb-ram-128gb-smartphone-black.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭corkie

beanzoo wrote: »
    Just discovered the lite has infrared and i can control the TV with it, last time I had a phone with it was 15 years ago bit random to bit fitted but a bit of fun.

If your using the Xiaomi Mi Remote app to do so check the permissions requested for the app.
    This app has access to:
    Device & app history

retrieve running apps
        read sensitive log data

Identity

find accounts on the device
        add or remove accounts

Contacts

read your contacts

approximate location (network-based)
        precise location (GPS and network-based)

SMS

read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
        receive text messages (SMS)
        send SMS messages

Phone

read phone status and identity

Photos / Media / Files

access USB storage filesystem
        read the contents of your USB storage
        modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Storage

Camera

take pictures and videos

Microphone

record audio

Wi-Fi connection information

view Wi-Fi connections

Device ID & call information

read phone status and identity

SMS

send SMS messages

Device & app history

retrieve running apps

Contacts

Photos / Media / Files

Other

capture audio output
        read sync statistics
        transmit infrared
        read Home settings and shortcuts
        view network connections
        create accounts and set passwords
        pair with Bluetooth devices
        access Bluetooth settings
        send sticky broadcast
        change system display settings
        change network connectivity
        allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception
        connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
        control flashlight
        full network access
        control Near Field Communication
        read sync settings
        draw over other apps
        use accounts on the device
        control vibration
        prevent device from sleeping
        modify system settings
        toggle sync on and off
        install shortcuts
        uninstall shortcuts
        view network connections
        send sticky broadcast
        control flashlight
        full network access
        control Near Field Communication
        read sync settings
        draw over other apps
        control vibration
        modify system settings
        toggle sync on and off
        install shortcuts
        uninstall shortcuts
        view network connections
        send sticky broadcast
        full network access
        control vibration
        modify system settings
        install shortcuts
        uninstall shortcuts

As a safer alternative use: - ASmart Remote IR

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I am coming from moto g2 so it is a big upgrade for me so everything is better apart from one thing i miss the stereo speakers on the front.
    The battery life is brilliant now granted I am an extremely light phone user but I charged the phone Saturday morning and it is sitting on 28% now.
    Last night it dropped my home wifi and I had to restart but was a one off so far.

corkie wrote: »
    If your using the Xiaomi Mi Remote app to do so check the permissions requested for the app.

[/code]As a safer alternative use: - ASmart Remote IR

thanks for that to be honest i did not know it was there and I downloaded a well rated one that had no permissions, I have uninstalled the MI one now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Peatys wrote: »
    Ordered the 128gb version from eglobal. 280 including 20 for insured express 5 day shipping. Fingers crossed no vat

According to their terms and conditions if there's any vat they will sort it on your behalf..

Did it take long for your order to process with a tracking number? I ordered my phone on Sunday but no tracking info yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Micky 32 wrote: »
    According to their terms and conditions if there's any vat they will sort it on your behalf..

Did it take long for your order to process with a tracking number? I ordered my phone on Sunday but no tracking info yet.

About 5 days before it got to dpd uk and they emailed a tracking number. Then it was delivered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

donegal. wrote: »
    just ordered it on eglobal (4gb/64gb) for €218. I'll let you know how I get on.

arrived today , so 1 week delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

donegal. wrote: »
    arrived today , so 1 week delivery.

Did you go for the light or regular version?

What are your initial thoughts?

GSMarena review of the Lite is in

As expected, gaming is poor (I only pay solitaire so don't care) and the low light camera isn't great. Everything else looks good to me.

very good camera reviews of the full mi a2. seems to be quite good in low light which is probably a first for the budget segment.

no nfc is a bit of a pain at this stage, as is no usb-c at this stage but seems a very good phone overall - especially the camera.

glasso wrote: »
    very good camera reviews of the full mi a2. seems to be quite good in low light which is probably a first for the budget segment.

no nfc is a bit of a pain at this stage, as is no usb-c at this stage but seems a very good phone overall - especially the camera.

Full version has USB-C, no?

• Advertisement

Full version has USB-C, no?

yes think you're right on that one for the mi a2 - my bad. battery life seems a bit underwhelming on it tho from further research.

when will the perfect 200 to 250 euro phone arrive?!

decent camera,
    nfc,
    good battery life,
    looks ok.
    keep the headphone jack,
    loud speaker

still hasn't happened.

redmi note 5 ai edition is probably the closest so far - but no nfc and the low light camera not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Did you go for the light or regular version?

What are your initial thoughts?

I got it for the missus mainly for the camera) so I won't use it enough for a proper review.

no nfc so no google pay.
    no headphone jack but she wouldn't use it anyway ( dongle included though). This leaves space on the bottom for a 2nd speaker.

I have the mia1 and the a2 is slightly longer but the screen is way bigger. The phone looks and feels great.

some reviews say the batterys not great but that should improve greatly before the end of the year when android pie update.

I got the non lite version and it came with a clear gel case,headphone dongle,2v charger (2 pin plug with an adaptor) + usb -c cable.
    If you want to fast charge you'll need to but a seperate charger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Mi mover isn't working on mine

Any other suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Just ordered the 64gb from eglobal - hopefully get it within a week!

Sync wrote: »
    Just ordered the 64gb from eglobal - hopefully get it within a week!

I ordered a S9+ last Sunday and i only got the email last night that they were packing my phone to get ready for dispatch :o

Got an e-mail from them at lunchtime saying it has been dispatched, along with a tracking number - the Mi A2 was in that list of 24hr dispatch so maybe that's part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I ordered a S9+ last Sunday and i only got the email last night that they were packing my phone to get ready for dispatch :o

What precise model of the S9+ did you buy and how much was it?

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    What precise model of the S9+ did you buy and how much was it?

Coral blue S9+ Duos 256gb 693 euro delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭cullenswood

A2 Lite. Started off day with 53% battery. Plenty of use throughout day, battery at 22% now. Fingers crossed I've finally a phone with decent battery!

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the story with quick charge is with these, if you buy a compatible charger does it work?
    Searching online it says only supported in India, do they get a different handset, or does that mean they include a quick charger in the box over there... :o

Advertisement