Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A2

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I'm having an issue with the phone using mobile data in the background for apps even though mobile data is turned off. Has anyone else experienced this?

edit: I didn't realise there's a separate thread for the Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hatch03

Sadly the screen on my MI A1 has been smashed :(. On the bright side I can now upgrade to the MI A2. Just wondering where is the best place to buy, seems to be a big difference in price for the 64GB version. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

hatch03 wrote: »
    Sadly the screen on my MI A1 has been smashed :(. On the bright side I can now upgrade to the MI A2. Just wondering where is the best place to buy, seems to be a big difference in price for the 64GB version. Thanks.
    not eglobalcentral eu.
    my a2 developed a fault (stuck in fastboot mode) .I sent it to them 8 weeks ago and just got an email from them saying that my phone is faulty and is being sent for repair which will take another 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I thought dual apps was a feature on these?

Really need an option to clone a specific app (Fitbit related)

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I thought dual apps was a feature on these?

Really need an option to clone a specific app (Fitbit related)

Anyone any ideas?

That's MIUI phones, not Android One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BandMember

Got one of these recently, and I have to say that is one serious piece of sh*t!!

Nothing but issues since day one, here's just a sample:

- insert charger and nothing happens. Try several different cables. Still nothing. Have to wait for the battery to completely die and then it MIGHT finally recognise/accept the charger and charge itself back up.
    - can't get headphones to work. Again, despite trying several cables, no headphones connected. Have to wait until the battery completely dies and then when I charge it up again, it MIGHT recognise/accept headphones.
    - the other day I had headphones plugged in (on one of the rare occasions it worked) but as soon as I plugged them in, the phone would immediately turn the volume straight down to zero. Unplugged the headphones, sound was fine and stayed at the same level. Plugged the headphone back in and the same thing happened, sound went straight down to zero. Any time I turned it up, as soon as I released the volume button, it would go straight back to zero.
    - following day, phone was off when I woke up. Battery was charged, so it wasn't dead or anything. Tried to turn it on, nothing happened. Tried to plug it in to charge it (just in case), nothing happens. Phone completely dead for the next 4 days.
    - then, it suddenly decides to work again! So, I charge it up. After it's fully charged, it keeps turning itself off randomly and then, the following day, is completely dead again (even though there is charge in the battery). Haven't been able to get it to do anything since, completely dead.

I e-mailed the seller as I'm completely fed up seeking a refund. They replied back saying "can you send us a video". What are they going to see except a phone that doesn't work - I might as well just send them a random photo from the internet!!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone on here has had any similar issues or can offer any advice, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BandMember wrote: »
    Got one of these recently, and I have to say that is one serious piece of sh*t!!

Nothing but issues since day one, here's just a sample:

- insert charger and nothing happens. Try several different cables. Still nothing. Have to wait for the battery to completely die and then it MIGHT finally recognise/accept the charger and charge itself back up.
    - can't get headphones to work. Again, despite trying several cables, no headphones connected. Have to wait until the battery completely dies and then when I charge it up again, it MIGHT recognise/accept headphones.
    - the other day I had headphones plugged in (on one of the rare occasions it worked) but as soon as I plugged them in, the phone would immediately turn the volume straight down to zero. Unplugged the headphones, sound was fine and stayed at the same level. Plugged the headphone back in and the same thing happened, sound went straight down to zero. Any time I turned it up, as soon as I released the volume button, it would go straight back to zero.
    - following day, phone was off when I woke up. Battery was charged, so it wasn't dead or anything. Tried to turn it on, nothing happened. Tried to plug it in to charge it (just in case), nothing happens. Phone completely dead for the next 4 days.
    - then, it suddenly decides to work again! So, I charge it up. After it's fully charged, it keeps turning itself off randomly and then, the following day, is completely dead again (even though there is charge in the battery). Haven't been able to get it to do anything since, completely dead.

I e-mailed the seller as I'm completely fed up seeking a refund. They replied back saying "can you send us a video". What are they going to see except a phone that doesn't work - I might as well just send them a random photo from the internet!!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone on here has had any similar issues or can offer any advice, please?
    Sounds like a faulty charging port as every one of your issues relates to it. Contact the seller and return it for a replacement, tell them its now DOA. The phone itself is great, I've owned one and advised 5+ of my friends and family to get them and it's the first I heard of this issue so it's clearly a local fault.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Sounds like a faulty charging port as every one of your issues relates to it. Contact the seller and return it for a replacement, tell them its now DOA. The phone itself is great, I've owned one and advised 5+ of my friends and family to get them and it's the first I heard of this issue so it's clearly a local fault.

Thanks for that, it was what I suspected myself - except I'm not sure how that would cause the random shutting down and not starting back up (even though there is plenty of charge in it) problems?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BandMember wrote: »
    Thanks for that, it was what I suspected myself - except I'm not sure how that would cause the random shutting down and not starting back up (even though there is plenty of charge in it) problems?? :confused:
    It's still all related, charging port connects directly to your battery. There could be a break or short in there - a physical fault that's causing all these issues mate.

advertsfox wrote: »
    It's still all related, charging port connects directly to your battery. There could be a break or short in there - a physical fault that's causing all these issues mate.

Brilliant! Thanks for that! I've sent a further e-mail to the seller, but nothing back yet. Fingers crossed that they agree to replace it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement