Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Decent camera comparison video vs the OnePlus 6 and the Samsung S9:
    https://youtu.be/BNyjeNgl7sM

Guy also has an unboxing of it.

Is unlockable bootloader a given with this? Might be my next phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marty101

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Decent camera comparison video vs the OnePlus 6 and the Samsung S9:
    https://youtu.be/BNyjeNgl7sM

Guy also has an unboxing of it.

Is unlockable bootloader a given with this? Might be my next phone.

Well, would you buy the One Plus 6 for €440 or Mi A2 for €240?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Marty101 wrote: »

Can it be got for 240 though. Bound to be hit for vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Wait for stock from honorbuy maybe?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm looking at the lite version for herself, better battery and headphone jack would go along way. The camera may be the deciding factor between the 2 versions though

Patww79 wrote: »

massive? It's a new snapdragon, a smidge better graphics and the clock speed is slightly better. I wouldn't say massive. I was just about to buy an A1 and the A2 lite is more or less the same in a better body. I like that the lite is smaller and the screen takes up more of the body. Again this is for herself, I'd be using it as the test case, if it's good I'll get one for myself, if not I'll get the full version - I just need to see the back of this apple se piece of crap that work gave me.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Apologies, agreed, the camera is the big difference. Personally I'm not that pushed on the camera, the smaller size and battery life appeal to me more. I'm thinking I might get her the lite, if she doesn't like it we'll buy the full version and I'll take the lite. . . .

I can't find the 128gb version, max i can see available is the 64.

Any one see the 128 for sale anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Marty101

Peatys wrote: »

Its on aliexpress, 128gb and 6g ram, ships with DHL so no tax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Its on aliexpress, 128gb and 6g ram, ships with DHL so no tax

I'm confused. Most sites are pre order only but you appear to be able to order from Ali Express here

Is this not a pre order also then?

For DHL also add another $26

Anyone ordered this on eGlobal yet? I wonder if they actually have stock yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I don't like the notch on the 6 really, I'd even go for a OnePlus 5t, but this seems like a good upgrade from my Moto G5+ (the camera is meh on it and no regular software updates)
    Peatys wrote: »

Eglobal Central had that version too

I presume the global version will support Vodafone 4g? I checked the bands but Vodafone seem to have a few different ones..

On eglobal it has 4g band 800 for Vodafone, so all good if that's the case here

Ordered the 128gb version from eglobal. 280 including 20 for insured express 5 day shipping. Fingers crossed no vat

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

Tempted more by the A2 lite with headphone jack, radio and expandable storage. The only comprise versus the A2 seems to be the camera.

I fully appreciate others may not see it this way but the 2 variants of the A2 seem to be the perfect example of the smartphone market today - the trade off between basic functionality and handiness you get with a cheaper smartphone versus the limited flexibility of a higher end phone albeit with a better chipset and camera.

Q&A wrote: »
    Tempted more by the A2 lite with headphone jack, radio and expandable storage. The only comprise versus the A2 seems to be the camera.

I fully appreciate others may not see it this way but the 2 variants of the A2 seem to be the perfect example of the smartphone market today - the trade off between basic functionality and handiness you get with a cheaper smartphone versus the limited flexibility of a higher end phone albeit with a better chipset and camera.

That's exactly what the trade off is, just the camera. I was about to get the A1 and the A2 lite specs very much mirror the A1 so I'd be more than happy with it. Better battery is attractive too. MrsTeal wants the better camera so we'll probably be picking up one of each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Now selling on honorbuy. Has anyone got one yet? Would love to hear feedback on it before I buy.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1453-xiaomi-mi-a2-official-global-version-4gb-ram-64gb-smartphone-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I'm happy enough with the spec of the mi a2 but where to buy it from?

the 4gb/64gb is €260 delivered at honourbuy and €222 at eglobal central

I've never used either of these sites before, which one is best?

edit: the eglobal one doesn't mention it being the global edition

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I've never had any problems with eglobal. Think I'll be going with the full A2. Currently have the Mi 5 and the camera is great on that. Camera doesn't look great on A2 Lite. Mi 5 and A2 have same battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

donegal. wrote: »

edit: the eglobal one doesn't mention it being the global edition

They don't have to mention it is a global version, because it is not sold in China, because of google apps preinstalled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/mia2

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-a2-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-specifications-pricing-availability-pictures/
    If these specifications look familiar, don’t be too surprised. Just as the Xiaomi Mi A1 was a re-branded Xiaomi Mi 5X, the Mi A2 is a re-branded Xiaomi Mi 6X while the Mi A2 Lite is a re-branded Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. This is as expected ever since our first leak of the devices, code-named “jasmine_sprout” and “daisy_sprout” respectively, back in April.

Yeah the Mi 6X was the China version of the A2

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I'm very interested in this phone, mainly because it's android ONE OS and there will be loads of custom ROMS for it in the future.

I'm also looking at this Mi 8 which is only €351 with free shipping, that's an outstanding price and the seller has great feedback.

AHHHH decisions decisions lol

For those considering the Mi A2 , take a look at the Mi 8's little brother, the Mi 8 SE, its not that much dearer than the Mi A2.

just ordered it on eglobal (4gb/64gb) for €218. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 beanzoo

Just received the lite 4gig/64gig version from Honorbuy yesterday.
    I ordered on Monday night and they dispatched Tuesday morning unfortunately DHL messed about alot including claiming to have broken down and left it in a shop 30 mins from me (shop keeper said driver was a bluffer) postage was 22 euro DHL express.
    Early impressions are good overall picks up vodafone 4g no problem. One thing I must have miss read was I thought it had fm radio but it does not seem to, not a massive problem but would have been nice. I also comes with a light flexible back cover. If you have any question I can try to awnser them.

beanzoo wrote: »
    Just received the lite 4gig/64gig version from Honorbuy yesterday.
    I ordered on Monday night and they dispatched Tuesday morning unfortunately DHL messed about alot including claiming to have broken down and left it in a shop 30 mins from me (shop keeper said driver was a bluffer) postage was 22 euro DHL express.
    Early impressions are good overall picks up vodafone 4g no problem. One thing I must have miss read was I thought it had fm radio but it does not seem to, not a massive problem but would have been nice. I also comes with a light flexible back cover. If you have any question I can try to awnser them.

How's the camera?

• Advertisement

re the fm radio , maybe its the same as the mia1

discused here activate the fm radio

Advertisement