Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

OK, so yes, confirmed you can use any game on the list regardless of what platform you're pre-ordering.

Got Lego DC Superheroes 2 in Argos for €25 (seems like everyone else in Limerick has already got the cheaper pre-owned ones in CEX/Smyths) and pre-ordered Wreckfest. As Wreckfest was €65.99 I got it for €4.99 with the trade in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

OK, so yes, confirmed you can use any game on the list regardless of what platform you're pre-ordering.

Got Lego DC Superheroes 2 in Argos for €25 (seems like everyone else in Limerick has already got the cheaper pre-owned ones in CEX/Smyths) and pre-ordered Wreckfest. As Wreckfest was €65.99 I got it for €4.99 with the trade in!

I'd switch your order. Wreckfest is less than £30 online for the standard edition.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/wreckfest-ps4/dgc-wrkfstps4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wreckfest 65.99????!

Id move that preorder credit elsewhere. The game is only €40 in Smyths and everywhere online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've never done the GameStop switcheroo before... Will the same store take two copies of the same game no questions asked?

I got lego superheroes 2 on xbox and ps4 and the sound guy in Abbey st did them both for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

There's a bunch of Cars 3 Driven to Win copies on Xbox/PS4 and also the 2 for €40 deal with Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 is still active with a ton of games still in Smyths childers road.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I got lego superheroes 2 on xbox and ps4 and the sound guy in Abbey st did them both for me.

Those aren't considered as duplicate games as they are on different formats.

Okay then... Didn't realise it would be so cheap elsewhere. But, I already have MW pre-ordered since May, and there isn't much else that I really want to get soon (Cyberpunk isn't out till next year, there will be a few more of these deals before then).

Okay then... Didn't realise it would be so cheap elsewhere. But, I already have MW pre-ordered since May, and there isn't much else that I really want to get soon (Cyberpunk isn't out till next year, there will be a few more of these deals before then).

You will get the €60 back as store credit that you can use on anything.

You will get the €60 back as store credit that you can use on anything.

Oh really.... I have until the 28th to change my mind on Wreckfest, maybe I'll think of something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Picked up Cars 3 and preordered fifa 20 for €7. Something to do with my membership. Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just bought cars three with store collect , hope the list doesn't change by tomorrow and am stuck with it haha , gonna preorder cyberpunk I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know if they'll take a promo copy of a game as a trade? I bought it in CEX, its the full game with the proper cover but it has the promo disc rather than the usual disc art.

I know when I worked in Gamesworld/Gamestop (showing my age) it wasn't an issue but maybe things have changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just bought cars three with store collect , hope the list doesn't change by tomorrow and am stuck with it haha , gonna preorder cyberpunk I think

Ended up getting cyberpunk in the end , guys on Patrick Street were joking about me trading in cars 3 driven . They must got a lot of these rubbish games when they are on the list like this. Makes you wonder why they want them ? Are they selling to another part of the world or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know if you can do the trade in and reservation in one store and the collection when the game is out in a different store?

Away all day tomorrow and won't get to the usual Gamestop but could swing by another en route

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Does anyone know if you can do the trade in and reservation in one store and the collection when the game is out in a different store?

Away all day tomorrow and won't get to the usual Gamestop but could swing by another en route

No, you will have to go back to the store you do the trade-in;in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Holy Fk what a day I had in Gamestop... so brought in 3 games to do the deal... they staff were all new... the manager f'd off and left them, didn't have their phone on, the till scanner was broken, the shop phone broke so they couldn't ring out for help, they tried the deal and it said they owed me money on top of getting the game for free, jesus what an ordeal... the deal ends tomorrow so do it quickly. Just don't go to Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is tomorrow the last day or is it over close of business tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is tomorrow the last day or is it over close of business tonight ?

Tonight.
    Ordered Death Stranding yesterday with 2 Switch games.

Gonna be getting 4 games pre ordered later today, this deal is just far too good to be missing

I'll get some looks in Smyths buying 2 copies of Cars for PS4, didn't spot the no duplicates in time so I'll have to send a friend in for 1 of the games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tonight.

Balls won't get into town till tomorrow oh well ,they'll surely put up a new list will they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just traded Kingdom come and pre ordered nba 2k20 for a tenner, 7 euro on my account already so 3 quid to pay, handy out. I get to play the latest 2k on launch but feel i haven't given 2k much of MY money.

Also, a friend who knows someone working in GS said this offer will actually be live tomorrow so anyone who missed it today, definitely check with your local shop tomorrow, it might go through on the system.

Serious offer all in all, saved at least €100 on games I'd be buying anyway

Future me is gonna be really pleased with present me for paying off the games as well, have 4 free games waiting for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tonight.

What made you pre-order Death Stranding? Has to be as big a gamble as a no deal Brexit right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What made you pre-order Death Stranding? Has to be as big a gamble as a no deal Brexit right now :)

It’ll be one of those games that will be hailed as a masterpiece regardless. Any dissenting voices will be told that they just simply “don’t get it” and have poor taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

KEINE UNTERHALTUNG!

HALT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Do Smyths take refunds if you've opened the plastic cover on a game? I got Wreckfest but forgot that my disc reader doesn't work so I'll have to download a digital copy instead :(

Do Smyths take refunds if you've opened the plastic cover on a game? I got Wreckfest but forgot that my disc reader doesn't work so I'll have to download a digital copy instead :(

No, they'll only refund if unopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Damn. Anyone want a discount on a new copy of Wreckfest? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Excellent game. Sank three hours into it yesterday.

Worst case scenario you might get a decent return from CEX exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I do! Will send a pm.

Advertisement