Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Strange Brigade is 15. If you like L4D it's a no brainer. It's a really great game in it's own right.

Where's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Where's that?

PS Store

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vampyr is 16 in Argos, absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

PlayStation US sale has started. Loads of VR stuff.

Plus I'm interested in Shadow of the Colossus for $12.99

How the hell is this still €39.99 on Eire store? Even the standard full price on US store is $20.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

mrcheez wrote: »
    PlayStation US sale has started. Loads of VR stuff.

Plus I'm interested in Shadow of the Colossus for $12.99

How the hell is this still €39.99 on Eire store? Even the standard full price on US store is $20.

SOTC is an incredible game that I'd argue is in the 'must have' category.

It's frequently down at €20 and €16 for Ps+ users in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deleted a lot of posts.

EA access thread for EA access bargains.

Bargains thread.
    No chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Any ps plus subscription discounts ?

Am in the same boat, cd keys @ €47 seems to be the lowest. Press start are out of stock @ €43.

I will want to get the July games, anyone know the last day you can get them. Is it the 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

branners69 wrote: »
    Am in the same boat, cd keys @ €47 seems to be the lowest. Press start are out of stock @ €43.

I will want to get the July games, anyone know the last day you can get them. Is it the 31st?

They are available until August 5th.

• Advertisement

Doesn't work, it's €60 at checkout and Argos can't adjust prices on electronically activated subscription /gift cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

New trade in list for GameStop https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

Looks like added a few more than last few months. However value of deal has greatly diminished, used to be trade in old game and get new one for 20eur. Now trade in old and new one is half price, so about 35eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good if you've PES 2019 as nothing else on that list would save you much money now

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

See the forest is only a tenner ? Worth a punt ? Looks interesting.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Good if you've PES 2019 as nothing else on that list would save you much money now

Such a strange game to accept given that it's an old iteration and they probably got a good few last month when it was announced as a PS+ game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

JimBurnley wrote: »

Looks like added a few more than last few months. However value of deal has greatly diminished, used to be trade in old game and get new one for 20eur. Now trade in old and new one is half price, so about 35eur.

Makes sense because gamestop will be gone within a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

World Tennis Tour is pretty good, and it's 13 in the ps store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Makes sense because gamestop will be gone within a year.

Kinda hope so. Their prices are ridiculous. CEX are nearly as bad

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I don't. They do fantastic trade in offers on consoles. Don't shop there by all means but wishing them out of business isn't good for anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gerrybbadd wrote: »

At least with CEX they offer decent prices for trade ins, their price when paying for items in cash are nothing special but its so handy to be able to trade in a game for voucher with them

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

JimBurnley wrote: »

Looks like Gamestop are catching on. Abusing their trade in deals is one of the few reasons I still shop there because their prices are always more expensive than Smyths.

Aokay wrote: »
    Looks like Gamestop are catching on. Abusing their trade in deals is one of the few reasons I still shop there because their prices are always more expensive than Smyths.

Smyths are really slaying it due to the weak pound, all their prices are in line with the UK prices while GameStops are in line with the Euro rrp.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

Smyths are really slaying it due to the weak pound, all their prices are in line with the UK prices while GameStops are in line with the Euro rrp.

Kinda speaks for itself seeing as Smyths still manage to be cheaper. The save €5 by pre ordering for in store collection knocks it down a bit further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Aokay wrote: »

Doesn't really seem like they're catching on if they're getting rid of the only reason people go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't. They do fantastic trade in offers on consoles. Don't shop there by all means but wishing them out of business isn't good for anyone

So true about consoles as each are becoming iterative it's great preordering a new one and trading in your old one. Would have never bought a PS4 pro or 3DS XL if I couldn't trade in towards them. Selling a second hand launch model when a new model is out soon is rough elsewhere.
    Their model is dying tho and replacing the legacy consoles with comic book memorabilia & funk pops a few years ago wasn't the answer. Smyths are killing it with preorders the last year as I can pay to get it delivered on release day to my home or save a fiver and collect it in store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note - Thread is drifting off-track so if we could get back to bargains that would be great. If you do want to chat about how the different shops stack up, do of course feel free to start a new thread either here or in the general games forum :) Cheers folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn complete in the store yesterday for €15. Never played but have heard alot of good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn complete in the store yesterday for €15. Never played but have heard alot of good things.

Its a cracking game. A steal at €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Cheapest spot for a controller anyone know?

Advertisement