Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
    The failing @nytimes wrote a Fake piece today implying that because White House Councel Don McGahn was giving hours of testimony to the Special Councel, he must be a John Dean type “RAT.” But I allowed him and all others to testify - I didn’t have to. I have nothing to hide......

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
    ....and have demanded transparency so that this Rigged and Disgusting Witch Hunt can come to a close. So many lives have been ruined over nothing - McCarthyism at its WORST! Yet Mueller & his gang of Dems refuse to look at the real crimes on the other side - Media is even worse!

@realDonaldTrump
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    No Collusion and No Obstruction, except by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats. All of the resignations and corruption, yet heavily conflicted Bob Mueller refuses to even look in that direction. What about the Brennan, Comey, McCabe, Strzok lies to Congress, or Crooked’s Emails!

He's on fire again today. I just really don't get why he doesn't shut the hell up and let it come to a conclusion, seeing as he has "nothing to hide".

He’s terrified that’s why. Lashing out and scared sh1tless of what is coming down the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He’s terrified that’s why. Lashing out and scared sh1tless of what is coming down the tracks.

40 plus tweets since Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/admiral-who-oversaw-bin-laden-raid-tells-trump-revoke-my-n901421
    In an open letter, retired four-star Adm. William McRaven said he stands with former CIA Director John Brennan, whose security clearance was stripped by President Trump.

It's reassuring to see high ranking military and intelligence personnel coming out against Trump. At least some people still remember the oath they took to defend the Constitution. It has to be heartbreaking to have fought for your country for so long and see everything it stands for be discarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well there you go, truth isn't truth. Sure we have always been at war with East Asia

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/19/giuliani-truth-todd-trump-788161

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Well there you go, truth isn't truth. Sure we have always been at war with East Asia

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/19/giuliani-truth-todd-trump-788161

What the hell have I just read?!! :eek:

• Advertisement

The logical extrapolation of alternative facts, and the what your seeing isn't what's happening. It's somewhat impressive forgetting the actual implications

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The standard start of the spin by Trump for when he get accused of something that he's done and wants to make the water more muddy than after a Mississippi landslide to ensure his followers can excuse him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Interesting to note that Rasmussen polling, a leading firm, have 36% of African Americans now favourable to Trump.

This is a demographic that voted 95% Democrat in recent years but he certainly appears to be wading slowly in to that.

Money in the pocket tends to change minds, make a difference to voters and they will come around to you.

Especially a demographic that has long been neglected.

Uhuh Rasmussen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Danzy wrote: »
    Interesting to note that Rasmussen polling, a leading firm, have 36% of African Americans now favourable to Trump.

This is a demographic that voted 95% Democrat in recent years but he certainly appears to be wading slowly in to that.

Money in the pocket tends to change minds, make a difference to voters and they will come around to you.

A conservative firm with known issues in their methodology. There can't really be any one who believes that number. His actual approval among African Americans is around 12%, which is admittedly higher than when he was elected.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/18/politics/poll-of-the-week-trump-black-voters/index.html

• Advertisement

Uhuh Rasmussen

They are a respected company and the poll is not an outlier on other companies.

Do you think Rasmussen is a Jewish name?. It's not, if that was a problem for you.

They are a respected company and the poll is not an outlier on other companies.

Do you think Rasmussen is a Jewish name?. It's not, if that was a problem for you.

Why would I have a problem if it was a Jewish name??

They are a very well known company, for their skew and their methods, as has been pointed out by a previous poster and as you are using them I'm sure our well aware too.

Seriously though, why would a Jewish name affect someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They are a very well known company, for their skew and their methods, as has been pointed out by a previous poster and as you are using them I'm sure our well aware too.

Apprently Jewish and Nordic names are easily confused...

---

Definitely blows a hole in any argument he was trying to get going here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I do love how they take the highest poll and cheer for it despite it still being a terrible rating. Aren't you supposed to add that this is lower than Obama's ratings at this point of his presidency? Or is that only when cheering for 50% approval rating?

I do love how they take the highest poll and cheer for it despite it still being a terrible rating. Aren't you supposed to add that this is lower than Obama's ratings at this point of his presidency? Or is that only when cheering for 50% approval rating?

Obama never had less than high 80s approval from the African American community and he was a reasonably popular President

On many things I agreed with him and think he was one of the better Presidents in America in the last 50 years.

If he hadn't been landed with the crash he could have been exceptional.

Some activists were mentioning how Trump's daughter is Jewish and that Rasmussen was as well and they were probably skewing figures.

It shouldn't matter but it obviously does to a lot of activists . You only have to look over to Britain to see that.

Some activists were mentioning how Trump's daughter is Jewish and that Rasmussen was as well and they were probably skewing figures.

It shouldn't matter but it obviously does to a lot of activists . You only have to look over to Britain to see that.

At the risk of going further down a rabbit hole I really don't wish to explore, what activists are we talking about here? And what is the relevance of Britain to the sentence?

Trumps daughter married a Jew, and every US president that I remember has been in the can for the Jewish lobby in America. To make an allowance for someone in case they had an issue with a Jewish name is still an odd one to me.

I guess it will hinge on the activists part if you will clarify that?

At the risk of going further down a rabbit hole I really don't wish to explore, what activists are we talking about here? And what is the relevance of Britain to the sentence?

Trumps daughter married a Jew, and every US president that I remember has been in the can for the Jewish lobby in America. To make an allowance for someone in case they had an issue with a Jewish name is still an odd one to me.

I guess it will hinge on the activists part if you will clarify that?

I wouldn't approve of it, but some activists opposed to Trump view it as a concern. It is an issue for them, not me, or most people of any political hue.

As for Britain, there is obviously a problem with antisemitism in Britain. It has been a significant news story there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

You know, this reminds me a bit of Donald Rumsfeld and unknown unknowns. When you sit down and think on it, it was a correct statement.

I fear Giuliani has a point with his truth comment, not that I like it, but truths, facts, issues are having such enormous amounts of dirt thrown at them in the past few years its increasingly hard for the ordinary person to delve to the depths the real truth lies at. I think he's saying peoples truths are their experiences, which often come from the media of their choice. I don't say news, as I believe that should stand up to independent scrutiny, but media, comprised of opinion, bias, agendas etc.

I wouldn't approve of it, but some activists opposed to Trump view it as a concern. It is an issue for them, not me, or most people of any political hue.

As for Britain, there is obviously a problem with antisemitism in Britain. It has been a significant news story there.

Specifically what activists, you obviously have a specific organization or group on mind in your post, I genuinely have no idea which you mean so just want to understand properly. Can you clarify?

• Advertisement

badtoro wrote: »
    You know, this reminds me a bit of Donald Rumsfeld and unknown unknowns. When you sit down and think on it, it was a correct statement.

I fear Giuliani has a point with his truth comment, not that I like it, but truths, facts, issues are having such enormous amounts of dirt thrown at them in the past few years its increasingly hard for the ordinary person to delve to the depths the real truth lies at. I think he's saying peoples truths are their experiences, which often come from the media of their choice. I don't say news, as I believe that should stand up to independent scrutiny, but media, comprised of opinion, bias, agendas etc.

Nope. Truth is not interpretation.

Why did you fire Comey?
    Did you know about the meeting?

These are simple questions. Only people who have something to hide want others to believe it is more complex than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭amandstu

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?"

"Well sure but you know it's not so simple
    .. the truth is not actually the truth"

"That's fine.Thanks for enlightening us"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

everlast75 wrote: »
    Nope. Truth is not interpretation.

Why did you fire Comey?
    Did you know about the meeting?

These are simple questions. Only people who have something to hide want others to believe it is more complex than it is.

I can't imagine Rudi, as a lawyer, trying to convince a judge in court of the truth and reality of his statement. It's obviously for public consumption and not relevant to matters of legality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

badtoro wrote: »

If Mueller is more likely to believe Comey than Trump in the grand scheme of things, then Trump only has himself to blame for that, for the most part. 4300 factually incorrect public statements since getting into the White House (I stand to be corrected on that) - I know who is more believable as a human being between Trump and Comey, for example.

Apparently Cohen is staring down the barrell of charges for bank fraud for over 20 million dollars. If that is not an incentive to cooperate, I don't know what is.

If Mueller is more likely to believe Comey than Trump in the grand scheme of things, then Trump only has himself to blame for that, for the most part. 4300 factually incorrect public statements since getting into the White House (I stand to be corrected on that) - I know who is more believable as a human being between Trump and Comey, for example.

I know you weren't saying this Joe, but it reminds me of a Trump defender line about why he won't sit to talk with Mueller.

Rudy has been belting out this concept that there is a perjury trap being set by the Counsel. His version of reality is that if DJT says one thing, and someone else says something else, then Mueller can charge DJT with perjury, even if DJT is telling the truth.

It is nonsense.

If Trump has one version of events, and if another person has something else, if and only if the other person has sufficient corroborating evidence to prove the what Trump is saying is a lie, then there is a possibility of perjury.

I just wanted to nuke that BS line once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

everlast75 wrote: »
    Apparently Cohen is staring down the barrell of charges for bank fraud for over 20 million dollars. If that is not an incentive to cooperate, I don't know what is.

It certainly felt like he already was co-operating, but this is almost certain make him give up everything. What would be interesting to see would be whether or not Trump would dangle the prospect of a pardon in front of him like he is with Manafort, given that Cohen's lawyers released that recording of Trump a few weeks back.

Will be interesting to see what happens following Manafort's verdict in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Penn wrote: »
    It certainly felt like he already was co-operating, but this is almost certain make him give up everything. What would be interesting to see would be whether or not Trump would dangle the prospect of a pardon in front of him like he is with Manafort, given that Cohen's lawyers released that recording of Trump a few weeks back.

Will be interesting to see what happens following Manafort's verdict in the next few days.
    I'm not sure (if I was in the same position) that I'd bet on Trump delivering. Maybe he would, but he's so volatile, it's impossible to know for sure.

I need another Omarosa tape today.

Edit. Look, i want a guilty Manafort verdict or a sentencing of Popadopolous, but realising I won't get either of them, I'd settle for some small kick in the **** for Trump

• Advertisement

As usual when Trumpus was asked directly would he pardon manafort he won't give a straight answer, so you know he is going to, he says he doesn't talk about that now. But that Paul is a good man, what's happening to him is a disgrace and very sad for the country. Yes, a tax cheat being brought to court for the millions he has stolen is a disgrace and very sad in Trump's world cause of......drain the swamp or some other nonsense....

I wonder where this is going......

I love it in some ways how much he is fighting to stay afloat, a desperate man. Lashing out in all directions because he knows nothing else. This is a watershed moment in history, could go very bay but could be a catalyst for good too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement