Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That has to be something which will be challenged...

Instead of being the President of the country with the greatest military refusing to travel, it is part of the greatest military refusing to do so.

They won't say a word as they have competent people working for them who know how to behave and do their job properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,365 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Rhineshark wrote: »
    He knows they can't respond. The Secret Service don't comment on protective measures.

Coward.

It's all good. When you're explaining, you're losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Rhineshark wrote: »
    He knows they can't respond. The Secret Service don't comment on protective measures.

I remember that from the West Wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Whatever the reason, it was the 100 years Armistice. Millions and millions of people died, not to mention the utter misery, hunger, abuse, devastation, cruelty and disease.

And here is a multi-millionaire, head of the worlds most powerful country, a country that landed men on the moon, saying that the weather was too bad and the drive was too far.

Out of respect, he should just shut the hell up about it and take it on the chin. He didn't go, whatever the reason, end of.

He should be equally ashamed of his response to terrible fires in California. POTUS has in the title US. Not just the bits that voted for him. The whole of the US should be aghast that he can be so uncaring about millions of their fellow citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭circadian

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So he wants the countries in NATO to increase defence spending, just not on the military! And when Macron says that they want to consolidate that into a singular force he is totally against it and pulls out the whole German's are warmongers nonsense.

Another racist tweet that will be passed off by his supporters.

Still, MAGA

Nope, now it's MFGA

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1062333882610171907

Jesus, what did Macron do to him? He's really losing it whatever happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

It appears CNN aren't taking the Acosta ban lying down...

"New York (CNN)CNN is filing a lawsuit against President Trump and several of his aides, seeking the immediate restoration of chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's access to the White House"

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/13/media/cnn-sues-trump/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Whatever the reason, it was the 100 years Armistice. Millions and millions of people died, not to mention the utter misery, hunger, abuse, devastation, cruelty and disease.

And here is a multi-millionaire, head of the worlds most powerful country, a country that landed men on the moon, saying that the weather was too bad and the drive was too far.

Not to mention that all the other world leaders had no issue with getting there, and that alternative routes and travel plans would have likely been planned by the Secret Service in the event of not being able to fly or having to go a different route due to a security concern etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Penn wrote: »

His speech was pretty good, seems like his rant against nationalism really got under Trump's skin.

And then when France wants to do exactly what the US wants as well (to handle their own defence) he goes off on another rant lmao. Unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Out of respect, he should just shut the hell up about it and take it on the chin. He didn't go, whatever the reason, end of.

He should be equally ashamed of his response to terrible fires in California. POTUS has in the title US. Not just the bits that voted for him. The whole of the US should be aghast that he can be so uncaring about millions of their fellow citizens.

And that NFL players protesting during the anthem are disrespecting the American flag.

Once again, it isn't surprising that he is so hateful and incompetent. It is surprising and worrying that so many (circa 40%) are ok with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

And as per usual, Trump waits until he is safely out of the country before he starts badmouthing Macron. He is such a coward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not to mention that all the other world leaders had no issue with getting there, and that alternative routes and travel plans would have likely been planned by the Secret Service in the event of not being able to fly or having to go a different route due to a security concern etc.

And everyone else was also going approximately from the same place to the same place as well. We'll I guess the other leaders were not staying in B&B's next to the cemetery? Whatever traffic issues he'd have caused with his motorcade would be not much different to anyone elses, and nobody would have cared much about a minute or two delay at 10am on a rainy Sunday morning anyway when the whole planet knew the significance of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,157 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

robinph wrote: »
    And everyone else was also going approximately from the same place to the same place as well. We'll I guess the other leaders were not staying in B&B's next to the cemetery? Whatever traffic issues he'd have caused with his motorcade would be not much different to anyone elses, and nobody would have cared much about a minute or two delay at 10am on a rainy Sunday morning anyway when the whole planet knew the significance of the day.

this is coming from the guy that has no problem staying in or having meetings at Trump tower, so much so that the Intelligence services have to rent room in it, and to hell with the chaos that he causes in terms of traffic as a result.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, his supporters are either blindly or wilfully ignorant of the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭Christy42

Except for the fact without tariffs French wine is far, far cheaper than US. Not sure why they have ridiculous Mark ups but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

CNN Suing Trump and his band of appartchiks over revoking Jim Acosta's credentials:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/13/media/cnn-sues-trump/index.html?adkey=bn

Never thought I'd see the day the WH was sued over 1st and 5th amendment violations...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Macron was very, very silly to list America alongside Russia and China. Imagine Trump actually said "we need to strengthen our armed forces due to the threat of Russia, China and the E.U". People would lose their ****. The U.S saved France twice and now their president is listing the U.S alongside the likes of Russia and China. It was completely uncalled for and possibly designed to deflect from his own internal problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Macron was very, very silly to list America alongside Russia and China. Imagine Trump actually said "we need to strengthen our armed forces due to the threat of Russia, China and the E.U". People would lose their ****. The U.S saved France twice and now their president is listing the U.S alongside the likes of Russia and China. It was completely uncalled for and possibly designed to deflect from his own internal problems.
    Afaik, he didn't. He invoked the US policy, driven by Trump, of America first which has been intrerpreted to mean that the US may abandon Europe if push comes to shove. That was the context of mentioning the US from what I heard.

Or a reaction to the president of America advocating nationalism and all that that entails. In including them, he made it more of a global approach than specifically saying China or Russia is going to attack us.

A pity though to be moving in this direction either way.

Has any EU country been threatening the US over anything recently, such as trying to start trade wars or threatening to withdraw from military co-operation treaties or withdrawing from world wide treaties regarding global co-operation on reducing pollution levels or... or...?

The US (well Trump, but for these purposes he's the US and the US needs to take ownership of that or do something about it) is the aggressor here.

So its OK for the US to threat all other countries as adversaries and for Trump to call them whatever he wants, but it is very, very silly for anyone else to do that?

Should Macron simply ignore the rhetoric of Trump? Should he simply ignore the fact that Trump has threatened to pull out of NATO?

Should he ignore the fact that Trump is pursuing closer toes with Russia even if that means verbally attacking Merkel etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He didn't, what he said was pretty obvious, but is being purposely misread/listened to or misinterpreted, by accident or design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭Christy42

Yes what happened 70 years ago is absolutely relevant today. Maybe the US should pay a bit more respect to the country that helped them win their freedom in the first place? France needs to be protected from a wild US foreign policy which has alluded to not honouring military commitments on a flip flop basis.

What do you feel about EU wine tariffs? What do you feel about France being blamed for them?

There seem to be low enough rates on it by the way even if slightly higher than the US.
    https://www.axios.com/trump-tweets-france-wine-tariffs-2616c731-9f37-483e-94ed-746801188271.html

Of course you talk about deflection while deflecting from the point of the thread.

I'm actually surprised that people here are taking a Trump tweet and running with it as if it were true. I think that has to be a first on both counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

It was completely uncalled for and possibly designed to deflect from his own internal problems.

6 posts in a row quoting and condemning what you said. ;) Get with the program matey.

I was surprised he hear him speak in the way he did, their relationship seemed extremely cordial up to recent events.

2 Scoops wrote: »
    6 posts in a row quoting and condemning what you said. ;)Get with the program matey.

I was surprised he hear him speak in the way he did, their relationship seemed extremely cordial up to recent events.

Or you know, counter with an argument as opposed to suggesting some people are biased.

6 posts in a row quoting and condemning what you said. ;) Get with the program matey.

Stop complaining. You should be glad that some of those posters were treating Trump's words as being factually correct. ;)

Or you know, counter with an argument as opposed to suggesting some people are biased.

Oh god no, I wouldn't suggest that at all.

Interesting to see Jeb Bush has come out and condemned Broward county's Brenda Snipes, I believe he originally appointed her to oust prior corrupt officials and she's won several elections since then.

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/1062055907629109249

Oh god no, I wouldn't suggest that at all.

Interesting to see Jeb Bush has come out and condemned Broward county's Brenda Snipes, I believe he originally appointed her to oust prior corrupt officials and she's won several elections since then.

Its still subjective on the extent and impact of any errors she might have made but I wouldn't be surprised if she was removed after this election fades away.

Any thoughts on Brian Kemp in Georgia? I mean he was running for Governor unlike Snipes who was just fulfilling a role...

Its still subjective on the extent and impact of any errors she might have made but I wouldn't be surprised if she was removed after this election fades away.

Any thoughts on Brian Kemp in Georgia? I mean he was running for Governor unlike Snipes who was just fulfilling a role...

No thoughts really, for the most part I've lost much of my interest in US politics, when the findings of the Mueller probe become public it will sway my interest again. I think there should be a centralized voter database using some form of state issued voter ID because I have very little faith in election integrity. You can make a counter argument that it's unfair to minorities and that can be justified too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Something strange is happening in Florida this election for sure I reckon

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Something strange is happening in Florida this election for sure I reckon

Like what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement