Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Flake indicating that he will vote yes which means Kavanaugh almost certainly in.

Its pretty much done, but a Collins no would be a serious issue although it does seem unlikely, reports Mitch is in good form after having a meeting with her. Manchin clearly waiting to see what Collins does before he commits either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ain't nobody gonna watch that. Provide your own argument.

It isn't that long.

A letter that contains a statement from CBF's ex boyfriend sent under the penalty of perjury, said she flew around Hawaii on a propeller plane and never stated during her 6 years together she had a fear of flying.
    She said she was claustrophobic, but lived in a one door entrance to a very small house.
    She said she needed more than one door as her alleged attack left her needing to have more than one way to get out...
    In her home with her husband they applied for planning permission for a 2nd door to the house, however this wasn't due to her supposed claustrophobia which her ex boyfriend said didn't exist. It turns out it was to rent out a room.
    Her claustrophobia claim like her fear of flying are lies and he said she did give tips on how to pass a polygraph but she told the senate she never did.
    #IBelieveHer to be a liar who has used her expertise in psychology to fool gullible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

RobertKK wrote: »
    You are trying to get away that Christine Blasey Ford is a liar. You have diverted away from her to Kavanaugh.

So many holes in her story.

No I'm not.

You think she is lying, I don't think she is. We've discussed that to death. I along with others have set out in great detail why we think is telling the truth.

I won't convince you. You won't convince me.

So how about you answer my questions?

everlast75 wrote: »
    No I'm not.

You think she is lying, I don't think she is. We've discussed that to death. I along with others have set out in great detail why we think is telling the truth.

I won't convince you. You won't convince me.

So how about you answer my questions?

Yeah the FBI would prove it, but then excuses because it didn't prove she told the truth or that Kavanaugh was guilty.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah the FBI would prove it, but then excuses because it didn't prove she told the truth or that Kavanaugh was guilty.

Okay. You won't answer the questions. Nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Senator Susan Collins is speaking on the senate floor right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This seems very much a yes on Kav.

It sounds like a yes to me even though she hasn't said it one way or another.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    This seems very much a yes on Kav.
    Yeah unless there will be a turn at the end it sounds like a yes to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

According to Trump protestors are getting paid by Soros. I'm sure the defenders of truth will be here any moment to speak out against this...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1048196883464818688?s=19
    They won't

• Advertisement

Senator Collins you'd save people time if you just said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Why does Collins get so much attention? Every time there’s a vote she gets mentioned as a possible swing vote but each time, after much waffle, she seems to vote with the party line. Is she just a media favourite, does she do it for attention or does she actually have a real track record of going her own way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

According to Trump protestors are getting paid by Soros. I'm sure the defenders of truth will be here any moment to speak out against this...

They won't

Tbh he's not entirely wrong. They are paid protestors, as this video clearly shows - and no, it's not a conservative channel, it's vice news.

As an aside, your one is absolute melt. The fact she's actually a full-time protestor just shows what's wrong with this planet in 2018.

Why does Collins get so much attention? Every time there’s a vote she gets mentioned as a possible swing vote but each time, after much waffle, she seems to vote with the party line. Is she just a media favourite, does she do it for attention or does she actually have a real track record of going her own way?

She gets it because she is seen as a vote that isn't a banker of a GOP vote although it's more a case of Murkowski being a more swing vote. Collins just seems to give the impression.

Actually I don't know why actually.

They won't

Tbh he's not entirely wrong. They are paid protestors, as this video clearly shows - and no, it's not a conservative channel, it's vice news.

As an aside, your one is absolute melt. The fact she's actually a full-time protestor just shows what's wrong with this planet in 2018.
    I think it'd be better to say that some are but in all fairness any issue in any country have a certain number of the "rent a crowd" people.

Just say you're going to vote for judge Kavanagh for Jaysus sake senator.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Collins loves a grandstand, just like most of those yokes in the Senate.

Collins already said she would say yes!? Why the doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Finally someone picking out the huge holes in the Ford story, why wasn't this done during her testimony in front of the senate.

Collins loves a grandstand, just like most of those yokes in the Senate.
    I mean if she's going to vote yes just say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Trump specifically referred to the women in the elevator. That video doesn't say they were paid.

Trump specifically referred to the women in the elevator. That video doesn't say they were paid.

Jesus did you even watch the ****ing thing? She and her group are full time 'activists' and were at the elevator harassing Flake. I'm not saying they're Soros shills like Trump is, but they are paid.

Jesus who in the media held up senator Collins to be this voice of reason within the GOP ? She's as bad as any of them. Now fair enough I listened to the media coverage and have never actually listened to her speak on the floor of the senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Water John wrote: »
    Well if the ABA rate him as unsuitable, that will look very odd to have the Senate endorse him.

You got me interested now so I googled for requirements to be a USSC justice. According to this link there are no requirements to even have a law licence.

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-are-the-requirements-to-become-a-supreme-court-justice-104780

Finally someone picking out the huge holes in the Ford story, why wasn't this done during her testimony in front of the senate.

Why do people pick on that aspect of his unsuitablity and ignore the lying under oath, partisan politics and judicial temperament, as if they are irrelevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Jesus did you even watch the ****ing thing? She and her group are full time 'activists' and were at the elevator harassing Flake. I'm not saying they're Soros shills like Trump is, but they are paid.

Yes I watched it. The woman featured in the video, Melissa Byrne, is paid and she tries to organise protests. The video doesn't mention the two women who confronted Flake, Maria Gallagher and Ana Maria Archila, as being paid.

43 minutes to tell us yes.

Does kasie hunt ever get sick of standing in the US capitol all day every day ?

Jesus chuck you have one job and that's to get your caucus in line. And you failed chuck.

• Advertisement

Susan Collins can see through the lies of CBF, with Ford's friend saying she felt pressured to change her initial statement and her ex-boyfriend exposing the lies and the FBI finding nothing.
    It would have been wrong if she had decided on No as her vote based on no evidence but people showing up that CBF wasn't the credible person that some made her out to be as all her other claims had been debunked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement