Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Of course, compared to Mike she is great, but she is not immune from criticism.

Anyway back to to the debate.:)

True. I'm just in the school of being critical AFTER Trump is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

AllForIt wrote: »
    It is not the role of the moderator to press anyone on anything. The mod asks the questions, tells them when to shut up and moves on to the next question. It's not an interview.

She's allowing them to completely stray from the question that is asked. She could be more proactive in keeping them on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Is that you Ben?

i heard that from him.

regardless, it seems a no brainer through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Vice President Pence, do you believe that climate change is an existential threat?

Pence: They're gonna remove the Trump tax cuts! AOC etc.

His inability to answer the question is Trump esque.

watch the no answer

• Advertisement

i heard that from him.

regardless, it seems a no brainer through?

He doesn't use the logic he subscribes to. Hard to take him at his word.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭AllForIt

She's allowing them to completely stray from the question that is asked. She could be more proactive in keeping them on topic.

No. They can answer the questions any way they want. They can answer the question with what they had for lunch. It's the opponents job to come back on it, not the moderators.

did hillary not sell all that ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Not allowing their people into China to check it. Was that not the job of the task force that was set up and they had before they disbanded it and brought the team back from China?

Kamala Harris's turn to recite her memorised script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Harris not really doing the business imo.
    She will be the shoe in for the 2024 Democratic nomination and not really up for it by this showing.

markodaly wrote: »
    She will be the shoe in for the 2024 Democratic nomination and not really up for it by this showing.

What should she do for you to do the business?

Pence is the pits

Pence is slick, very slick...

What should she do for you to do the business?

It's not politically savvy at the moment, but her defence of fracking by saying that Biden won't get rid of it will look bad as tastes change over the next 4 years.

Pence is slick, very slick...

but "joe"

whos joe?

First I seen of her. I agree. She's a bit too causal and slow in her responses, given this is a VP debate. She needs to be a bit more passionate rather than coming across like she's on a chat show.

Who's the first candidate to fall afoul of the rules? Oh it's Pence, what a surprise?!

It's not politically savvy at the moment, but her defence of fracking by saying that Biden won't get rid of it will look bad as tastes change over the next 4 years.

As it may be, but be realistic, fracking is not the hill to die on is it, when you're trying to win OH and PA?

---

I was directly asking Mark that question though, I'm sure he'll tell us how exactly Harris is doing so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Perfect example of why Trump comes along, 2 very polished politicians not answering tough questions and swerving non stop. Normal people hate this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Who's the first candidate to fall afoul of the rules? Oh it's Pence, what a surprise?!

Pence is taking the end of his 2 minutes as a 15 second countdown to continue talking.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Perfect example of why Trump comes along, 2 very polished politicians not answering tough questions and swerving.

Give over.

Polished is bad now?

• Rjd2 wrote: »
    Perfect example of why Trump comes along, 2 very polished politicians not answering tough questions and swerving non stop. Normal people hate this.

Bang on.

As it may be, but be realistic, fracking is not the hill to die on is it, when you're trying to win OH and PA?

---

I was directly asking Mark that question though, I'm sure he'll tell us how exactly Harris is doing so badly.

She comes across as a bit fake and aloof. Too much talk about Trump and "Joe" but very little policy discussion.
    Pence is there to defend Trump and his record, that is his job and is doing a slick job at it even though I disagree with him on many many issues.

Harris is there to tell voters why they deserve a chance.
    She had to do better than just repeating, "Trump is bad, m'kay!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Give over.

Polished is bad now?

Pence dodging the abortion question and Harris dodging packing the supreme court question way to easily.

We need a better moderator than this.

She comes across as a bit fake and aloof. Too much talk about Trump and "Joe" but very little policy discussion.
    Pence is there to defend Trump and his record, that is his job and is doing a slick job at it even though I disagree with him on many many issues.

Harris is there to tell voters why they deserve a chance.
    She had to do better than just repeating, "Trump is bad, m'kay!"

Very little you can do with that if that's what you are seeing in front of you.

---

It's all love ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Does pence have a fly on his head?

• Give over.

Polished is bad now?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I'd vote for the fly on Pences head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement