Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It is rippling through the white house and republican party. It was only a matter of time

I mean I see senator mike lee has tested positive and he had a meeting with Trumps SC nominee in person and I’ve no idea if masks and social distancing was observed but I’m sure if needed she will have to do a remote senate confirmation hearing as she has been a close contact with a confirmed case. I mean the fact the president has it and everything else this may be the most unique end to a US presidential election campaign in modern times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean I see senator mike lee has tested positive and he had a meeting with Trumps SC nominee in person and I’ve no idea if masks and social distancing was observed but I’m sure if needed she will have to do a remote senate confirmation hearing as she has been a close contact with a confirmed case. I mean the fact the president has it and everything else this may be the most unique end to a US presidential election campaign in modern times.

Here was Mike Lee during the press conference in the Rose Garden last Saturday and meeting ACB in private. The video was potentially before he was infectious but shows his feelings towards masks and social distancing

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1312069254347395074?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Here was Mike Lee during the press conference in the Rose Garden last Saturday and meeting ACB in private. The video was potentially before he was infectious but shows his feelings towards masks and social distancing

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1312069254347395074?s=20

"Best People"

Also apparently ACB had covid earlier in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

amdublin wrote: »
    Joe Biden has tested negative. Let's hope that stays that way

Negative in a positive way! Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/1312124794993692672?s=19

A note of what he is apparently being treated with.

No mention of bleach, or a light bulb up his butt.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DrDenaGrayson/status/1312124794993692672?s=19

A note of what he is apparently being treated with.

No mention of bleach, or a light bulb up his butt.

Where's the hydroxychloroquine??? He spent months saying how great it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where's the hydroxychloroquine??? He spent months saying how great it was.

Moved all his money into this drug probably.

Watch shares skyrocket as he makes a "miraculous recovery" and he declares a couple of weeks before the election that the US under Trump has found a "cure".

Moved all his money into this drug probably.

Watch shares skyrocket as he makes a "miraculous recovery" and he declares a couple of weeks before the election that the US under Trump has found a "cure".

Seems like what he is taking is an experimental drug. Really doesn't point to him doing well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Seems like what he is taking is an experimental drug. Really doesn't point to him doing well at all.

Reports on Twitter have gone from saying he was showing symptons earlier on today to him now having a fever this evening. I wouldnt trust whatever the White House puts out about him anyway, they wlll always down play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Biden ever so Presidential in speaking this evening in Michigan. The contrast is remarkable. Wished the Trump's get well soon, despite neither the WH or GOP informing the Bidens that the Trumps had tested positive.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1312138608367656960?s=19

Now we may get finally some straight info on his condition without spin..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1312134788573089792

They refused tests and then refused to wear masks. What are the odds that they knew they were infected?

Now we may get finally some straight info on his condition without spin..

There will always be spin. They wont release any information that they aren't told they can.

Even if the information today is spin, it looks terrible how bad it is going during the space of a few hours. The White House basically has its own mini top level hospital so they unlikely go anywhere else without it being serious

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1312140655976562698?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There will always be spin. They wont release any information that they aren't told they can.

Even if the information today is spin, it looks terrible how bad it is going during the space of a few hours. The White House basically has its own mini top level hospital so they unlikely go anywhere else without it being serious

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1312140655976562698?s=20

I wouldn't wish bad on anyone, even Trump, but this has all the hallmarks of a designed illness at a critical time in the hustings. You know, I know and everyone with half a brain knows what's going on here.

But then again if he is actually very seriously affected I would have sympathy. How is Melania BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Melania had a mild cough and a headache.

Water John wrote: »
    Melania had a mild cough and a headache.

Called Donald...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Augme

If they are already saying he will be in hospital for a few days then that probably isn't a good sign either.

Augme wrote: »
    If they are already saying he will be in hospital for a few days then that probably isn't a good sign either.

I really have my doubts about this now. Sorry I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but surely we can see that it is timely in the debate cycle.

And then he will bounce back and claim it is all FAKE NEWS. :pac:

I wouldn't wish bad on anyone, even Trump, but this has all the hallmarks of a designed illness at a critical time in the hustings. You know, I know and everyone with half a brain knows what's going on here.

But then again if he is actually very seriously affected I would have sympathy. How is Melania BTW?

I posted this morning why I didn't think it was 'a designed illness' (see below). I feel even stronger about that now that he is going to hospital with it, he hasn't tweeted, and I saw how the media in general are covering it (feel bad but it is was his own stupidity).

If he bounced back in front of the cameras after a day or so I'd get the conspiracy angle but having him spend several days in hospital for something he holds a lot of blame for getting can't be a good look in anyone's eyes.
    In a lot of place I'm seeing the usual 'Trump is a chess master' type takes when all evidence is that Trump is far more a broken clock.

This hurts him politically on so many levels, with it being emphasized even more due to his narcissism:
    - It stops him from doing any in person campaigning, the thing that he is clearly most proud, enjoys, and eases his broken ego.
    - It makes him look weak to have everyone on the news talk about his age, weight, other health problems (if he fights it off he can't take a victory lap of his strength without rubbing it in the faces of the families of 200k dead americans).
    - It highlights to how wrong his administration has been regarding mask wearing, campaigning etc.
    - It allows Biden to run adds basic non-attack ads on COVID how he'll deal with it better, with the subtext that despite Trump having all the powers of the president he can't even keep himself safe so how can he keep your family safe

The main concern I have that with dumb Trump luck, his recklessness will have infected Biden during the debate and Biden will get a much more serious case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Augme

I really have my doubts about this now. Sorry I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but surely we can see that it is timely in the debate cycle.

And then he will bounce back and claim it is all FAKE NEWS. :pac:

Can't really the benefits of it being fake though. If he was doing it to promote a working vacaine he would be a lot better off doing that closer to the election.

• Advertisement

If there was ever a starker contrast between the two candidates, think back to Trump 4 years ago when hillary was ill

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1311926144795635712?s=19

And what Biden is doing now with Trump ill...

https://twitter.com/sarahmucha/status/1312147640709083137?s=19

Augme wrote: »

Who is saying this, and is it independently verified?

Medical privacy rules I suspect mean they can say anything.

The sympathy vote is a powerful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

To be fair these are usually pre-written and timed to go out at a certain time on a certain date. Just terrible timing by the Trump campaign people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Just saw that Biden's people have pulled all the negative Trump ads. A tough one for Joe - he's got to show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXGsPBUV5g

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just saw that Biden's people have pulled all the negative Trump ads. A tough one for Joe - he's got to show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXGsPBUV5g

Im in two minds about it.

On one hand Biden is a class act but if it was Trump and Biden was in hospital he'd go for the kill and have no mercy what so ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

I live in Trump heartland. Logic does not apply. Sophistry, innuendo and outright BS rule. As a non single cell amoeba, one can feel marginalised.
    Seriously, apart from the Supreme Court shenanigans, the great American people will get the candidate they deserve/vote for. Am looking forward to Harris carving up Mike Pence!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Headshot wrote: »
    Im in two minds about it.

On one hand Biden is a class act but if it was Trump and Biden was in hospital he'd go for the kill and have no mercy what so ever

It's just good politics.

Just like how Trump's sneering at Hunter Biden was met by Joe's calm declaration of love and support for his son and pride in him kicking the habit.

Whatever about the truth of it, and I'm sure it was genuine, it also showed Trump up as a disgusting human and Biden as the sort of benevolent patriarch that he's trying to present himself as.

It's the same principle here, albeit I'm sure in this case, it's more cynical and Biden would love nothing more to stick the boot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I bet there are some Trumpeters out there that see Biden's actions as "weak" because he's not sticking the boot in, but if he were to stick the boot in he would be "unfair and disgraceful".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Biden pulling negative ads might be a mistake...this is a dirty fight and i really fear that fighting clean and taking the higher ground might not work for Biden

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement