Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

https://twitter.com/Reddy/status/1312236928377540610?s=19

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1312228731470123008?s=19

Irrespective of what happens going forward, the history books are going to rip this administration to pieces for their flippant and cavalier attitude to Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Headshot wrote: »
    Im in two minds about it.

On one hand Biden is a class act but if it was Trump and Biden was in hospital he'd go for the kill and have no mercy what so ever

He can let the Lincoln Project do the negative campaigning for him.

Its a smart move on his part. It's only the 20 percent in the middle he is trying to win, and this should help with them.

I still have no idea, beyond I'm not the other lad, what either candidate plans to bring.

He can let the Lincoln Project do the negative campaigning for him.

Its a smart move on his part. It's only the 20 percent in the middle he is trying to win, and this should help with them.

I still have no idea, beyond I'm not the other lad, what either candidate plans to bring

Biden Campaign Papers
    • A Tale Of Two Tax Policies: Trump Rewards Wealth, Biden Rewards Work
    • Build Back Better: Jobs and Economic Recovery for Working Families
    • Build Back Better: Racial Equity Across the American Economy
    • Build Back Better: 21st Century Caregiving and Education Workforce
    • Build Back Better: Sustainable Infrastructure and a Clean Energy Future
    • Ensure the Future is “Made in All of America” by All of America’s Workers
    • Joe Biden’s Roadmap to Reopening Schools Safely
    • The Biden Agenda for Women
    • The Biden Plan for Full Participation and Equality for People With Disabilities
    • Joe’s Leadership in Times of Crisis: COVID-19
    • Joe Biden’s Proposals to Set Up Support for Deserving Small Businesses
    • The Biden 4-Point Plan for Our Essential Workers
    • The Biden Plan to Scale Up Employment Insurance
    • The Biden Plan for Bankruptcy Reform
    • The Biden Plan for Combating Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    • Lift Every Voice: The Biden Plan for Black America
    • The Biden Plan for Central America
    • The Biden Plan for Immigration
    • The Biden Plan for Veterans
    • The Biden Plan for Military Families
    • The Biden Plan for Encouraging Unions and Empowering Workers
    • The Biden Plan for Campaign Finance and Government Reform
    • The Biden Plan For Education Beyond High School
    • The Biden Plan for Ending Gun Violence
    • The Biden Plan for Violence Against Women
    • The Biden Plan for Criminal Justice Reform
    • The Biden Plan for Rural America
    • The Biden Plan for Older Americans and Retirement
    • The Biden Plan for Health Care
    • The Biden Plan for Restoring American Leadership
    • The Biden Plan for Climate Change
    • The Biden Plan for K-12 Education
    • The Biden Plan for Housing
    • The Biden Plan for LGBTQ+ Equality
    • The Biden Plan for Opioids and Substance Use Disorders
    • Joe Biden's Agenda for The Catholic Community
    • Joe Biden’s Agenda For Students
    • Joe Biden's Agenda for The Black Community
    • Joe Biden’s Agenda for the AAPI Community
    • Joe Biden's Agenda for the Indian American Community
    • Joe Biden's Agenda for the Jewish Community
    • Joe Biden’s Agenda for Muslim-American Communities
    • Joe Biden’s Commitment to Indian Country
    • Joe Biden's Agenda for the Latino Community
    • The Biden Plan to Invest in Middle Class Competitiveness
    • The Biden Plan for Environmental Justice
    • Joe Biden and the Arab American Community: A Plan for Partnership
    • The Biden-Harris Plan For Recovery, Renewal and Respect for Puerto Rico

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm not interested enough to read any of them. It's an election in a far away country. Its interesting no doubt, hehe pressing here.

However I am sure many Americans feel the same. Maybe there have been positive videos made but not shared.

Regardless positive campaigning is a good thing.

I still have no idea, beyond I'm not the other lad, what either candidate plans to bring.
    Biden Campaign Papers
    I'm not interested enough to read any of them. It's an election in a far away country. Its interesting no doubt, hehe pressing here.

I've half a mind to start a thread about people who actively engage in discussions, acknowledge they don't know anything about core elements, but then say that they are not interested in learning either as the topic doesn't really interest them.

Why get involved at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've half a mind to start a thread about people who actively engage in discussions, acknowledge they don't know anything about core elements, but then say that they are not interested in learning either as the topic doesn't really interest them.

Why get involved at all?

Don't bring facts to a trump debate. They are not welcome.

Anyhoo - in today's example of "there's always a tweet"....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/517805743056359424?s=19

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I would like the see the Biden v Pence polling now. I am sure it's being done on the sly.

I don't wish any harm on Trump, I would prefer to see him get healthy and lose the election.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Biden pulling negative ads might be a mistake...this is a dirty fight and i really fear that fighting clean and taking the higher ground might not work for Biden

Biden's basic platform is that he wants to restore dignity to the WH. I don't think getting Trump-level dirty is the way accomplish that. In fact, I think Trump is hoping Biden will do exactly as you say so Trump can freely attack that big selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Here's hoping Tillis gets a bad case of it and has to drop from campaigning. Another Senate seat could flip to the Democratic party as a result. No campaign manager (Stepien) and no 'ex-staffer who was campaign manager in 2016' (Kellywise) certainly will impact the crack #IMPOTUS campaign team. Great job by President Trump in spreading this illness!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Something in all this coverage really ticked me off

Trump is getting the absolute best healthcare like some sort of a king (while my coworkers in US are witting on our work slack about "praying for our president") this is the same Trump who took healthcare away from millions of Americans and plans to take it away from millions more in a middle of a pandemic.

Some republic the US is...

Aye you can die at home, while I get treated in the best hospital in the land, at least Bojo went to an NHS hospital!

• Advertisement

Something in all this coverage really ticked me off

Trump is getting the absolute best healthcare like some sort of a king (while my coworkers in US are writing on our work slack about "praying for our president") this is the same Trump who took healthcare away from millions of Americans and plans to take it away from millions more in a middle of a pandemic.

Some republic the US is...

He now has a preexisting condition which means that if he repeals ACA, he'll be denied cover

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

https://twitter.com/Reddy/status/1312236928377540610?s=19

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1312228731470123008?s=19

Irrespective of what happens going forward, the history books are going to rip this administration to pieces for their flippant and cavalier attitude to Covid.

Yep. Without a shadow of a doubt.
    History will not be kind to Trump at all.

https://twitter.com/AngrierWHStaff/status/1312422066851852299?s=19

They knew he had it and furthermore, didn't tell the biden team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The Trump team are all over the place as usual. The doctor goes out and gives a conflicting timeline that shows incredible recklessness by Trump, dodges basic questions, but overall gives a positive outlook on his condition. Then straight after the press conference one of the Trump team members gives this statement to the press pool

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1312428550247583744?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If you tell enough lies the truth will never be found or believed if it is.

Best timeline of events I've seen for what happened (notes the sources).

Once again, the Trump team's handling of this has managed to turn a story that could have gotten him some sympathy into one where he looks like a uncaring monster

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1312428988212678656?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If any of them die over this then Trumps goose is cooked, how can he survive this then come out and claim any sort of victory when he was the one who always encouraged people not to wear masks is beyond me.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The Trump team are all over the place as usual. The doctor goes out and gives a conflicting timeline that shows incredible recklessness by Trump, dodges basic questions, but overall gives a positive outlook on his condition. Then straight after the press conference one of the Trump team members gives this statement to the press pool

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1312428550247583744?s=20

Looks like we have the person who gave the statement that Trump's health looks bad, it is Mark Meadows Trump's Chief of Staff. He was caught on a live feed going over to the pool reporters and saying to turn off the cameras and he'd give them a statement off the record

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429131079057409?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If any of them die over this then Trumps goose is cooked, how can he survive this then come out and claim any sort of victory when he was the one who always encouraged people not to wear masks is beyond me.

Nah. The head of the cult is the only one who's indispensible.

It won't be any more or less cooked than it already is.

If he wins it was always going to be down to some quirk of the electoral college or actively stealing the election, and that hasn't changed.

https://apnews.com/article/archive-75ae554ce5d092d50dad7c0c7dbcf70e

The fact he ended up on oxygen at all would indicate there's likely long term damage being done by covid and he's in a far from good state.

• Advertisement

Do people on his team really think that giving people contradictory updates about the health of the POTUS is a good idea?

Is lying their default setting?

Incompetence doesn't even come close to describe their sh1tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Do people on his team really think that giving people contradictory updates about the health of the POTUS is a good idea?

Is lying their default setting?

Incompetence doesn't even come close to describe their sh1tshow.

Well the doctor gave the happy talk for the audience of one which is all that these people care about is not upsetting the head guy which is a terrible way to run a government.

This could be the first time in Trump's adult life that his braggadocio has caught up with him. I would like to think that he learns a valuable lesson from it when he recovers, as we all hope he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭O'Neill

briany wrote: »
    This could be the first time in Trump's adult life that his braggadocio has caught up with him. I would like to think that he learns a valuable lesson from it when he recovers, as we all hope he will.

I don't think Boris Johnson learnt anything since he was in ICU tbh so i'm not holding my breathe.

O'Neill wrote: »
    I don't Boris Johnson learnt anything since he was in ICU tbh so i'm not holding my breathe.

Johnson did at least seem a bit more empathetic about the plight of Covid victims. He's not improved much on his bullish handling of other things, but those are separate issues.

If Trump were to come out and say unequivocally that he was wrong about Covid and he now has a more profound insight into what a lot of Americans are going through, or have gone through, it could only help him electorally, because his base will go along with what he says anyway, so he only has votes to pick up by appearing more rational to swing voters. Whether it comes from a place of sincerity or cynicism, it's the sound move imo.

Chris Christie tested positive and has checked himself into hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 39,442 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Chris Christie tested positive and has checked himself into hospital

Well he’s an asthmatic isn’t he ? I mean he’s more at risk than most given he’s already at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

5/6 were in the briefing room with Trump prior to debate, prepping him. 4 out of that room are covid positive, Trump, KAC, Hicks and Christie. Guliani is the only other name I have who was in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Have you not met his fans?

It'll be anyone else's fault but Trump's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Probably been discussed already but whats the deal now if one of biden or trump died of covid ( or anything else) in the next couple of weeks? Does Harris/Pence just take over as the candidate or does the respective party have to have a rushed nomination of someone (presumably harris/pence anyway)

If one is incapacitated through illness but expected to get better at some point soon after the election, do they continue with it as normal or is there a delay/cancellation/substitute?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement