Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That Ray rice thing only happened because of a viral video. His initial punishment was 2 games or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Plus the nfl won't just take the side of these women with no proof that creates an insane precident

• Registered Users Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

nerd69 wrote: »
    Plus the nfl won't just take the side of these women with no proof that creates an insane precident

More so in the current situation where the statements made hold basically zero legal threat to the accusers if they are fabricated.

If any of this is spitefulness from Texans ownership then they've likely just hurt themselves more - Watson will likely now not play for them and his trade value is in the toilet for the extended period that this will drag out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Without going into the did he didn't he... why did he have so many different masseuses? Where they just sent by an agency in a private capacity at random? Did any refuse a second visit or report it to the agency (if it was through one) or reference that in their claims. Or did he go to a different masseuse on each occasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,558 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Guffy wrote:
    Without going into the did he didn't he... why did he have so many different masseuses? Where they just sent by an agency in a private capacity at random? Did any refuse a second visit or report it to the agency (if it was through one) or reference that in their claims. Or did he go to a different masseuse on each occasion?
    Well the agency won't make any comments. I'm sure that if there was an agency involved that confidentiality is a big part of the business for VIP clients.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well the agency won't make any comments. I'm sure that if there was an agency involved that confidentiality is a big part of the business for VIP clients.

Well i would have imagined that the alleged victims would have referenced their side in their statements, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Guffy wrote: »

Apparently a lot of the time it was randomers through instagram and other ways online.

Best case scenario for him is that this raises red flags for team regarding his personal decision making if he is opening himself to this kind of risk - meeting random unvetted women he finds online in 1 on 1 situations.

You'd have to wonder then that there should be messages referring to "happy endings" in some way, in at least one of the messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As expected, an extra game added this season. To find out who you're playing you take the division from the opposite conference you played two years ago, and then you pay whichever team from that division finished in the same place as you last year. Simple!

Upshot of it is green bay and the chiefs are playing the extra game, which was probably the main motivation in that ridiculous formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As expected, an extra game added this season. To find out who you're playing you take the division from the opposite conference you played two years ago, and then you pay whichever team from that division finished in the same place as you last year. Simple!

Upshot of it is green bay and the chiefs are playing the extra game, which was probably the main motivation in that ridiculous formula.

We've known the formula for months now though.

I'm so confused as to how this keeps coming out as news.

The main thing is, we're playing the Lions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

We've known the formula for months now though.

I'm so confused as to how this keeps coming out as news.

The main thing is, we're playing the Lions.

Watch your kneecaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the date the announce what date the draft starts for next year in Vegas? Assuming the world is back to some normality I’m considering going over, flights would be fine booking late-ish but accommodation wouldn’t be.

Thinking of maybe just booking Thursday to Monday on every weekend in April in next year in some place in Vegas where I can cancel free of charge? Anyone else thinking of going of have experience of travelling to one of them?

Thanks

Your plan is solid, but it's most likely to be the last weekend as in other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Your plan is solid, but it's most likely to be the last weekend as in other years.

Thanks, didn’t dawn on me to cross check other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Foxtrol wrote: »
    More so in the current situation where the statements made hold basically zero legal threat to the accusers if they are fabricated.

If any of this is spitefulness from Texans ownership then they've likely just hurt themselves more - Watson will likely now not play for them and his trade value is in the toilet for the extended period that this will drag out.

If any of this is coming from the texans in any way shape or form they should rightfully be made sell the team

If any of this is coming from the texans in any way shape or form they should rightfully be made sell the team

I doubt this is coming from the owners.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I doubt this is coming from the owners.

I agree but as of two days ago nothing was handed to the police for a criminal matter which I do find odd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭cosatron

i think they are hoping for a payout and not bother with the police. Also as Jack Easterby is now VP of football operations, i doubt he would of all people would cook this story up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,447 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Surely the McNair family aren’t that stupid. But it’s been a mental nearly 15 months for the Texans as an organisation, as they were ahead of the chiefs in the playoff game and lost and since that game it’s been more or less a giant bin fire as a team. It’s almost Cleveland browns level rubbish both on and off the field.

And then there’s the deshaun Watson mess which I think stands at 18 women which IF all true(obviously nothing is proven yet) then it’s more or less curtains for him as a top level QB.

I agree but as of two days ago nothing was handed to the police for a criminal matter which I do find odd
    The lawyer and the accusers are responsible for that.

• Advertisement

He's indefinately suspended now

He's indefinately suspended now

Where'd you see that? Can't find any report on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I guess all these allegations mean that Ryan Pace only made the 2nd worst choice when drafting a QB in 2017 :pac:

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1377302732722352134?s=21

Some other masseuses who worked with deshaun Watson giving their experiences of working with him and it’s obviously starkly different to the others. I’m not sure the comments saying they believe the other women are necessary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1377302732722352134?s=21

Some other masseuses who worked with deshaun Watson giving their experiences of working with him and it’s obviously starkly different to the others. I’m not sure the comments saying they believe the other women are necessary though.

Kinda weird defence isn't it. "Look, DW was around lots of other girls and he didn't abuse them"

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Kinda weird defence isn't it. "Look, DW was around lots of other girls and he didn't abuse them"

Tbf what other defense has he? It's purely he said she said. They're character references essentially. Apparently no one got a screen grab of the messages he was supposed to have deleted either and no criminal charges have been filed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This is a long shot, but anyone here have a copy of NCAA 14 they no longer want?

So we are getting a 17 game season. I also see there is talk of having a sky judge during games which can’t hurt, but my issue isn’t with having plays be reviewable, it’s when they they still can’t get things right with the use of technology. I don’t think they should change the fumble through the end zone rule fully but there should be a change in situations where a foul causes the offence to lose the ball like what happened in the browns vs chiefs game in the playoffs. The helmet to helmet in that game should’ve negated the through the end zone call IMO.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So we are getting a 17 game season. I also see there is talk of having a sky judge during games which can’t hurt, but my issue isn’t with having plays be reviewable, it’s when they they still can’t get things right with the use of technology. I don’t think they should change the fumble through the end zone rule fully but there should be a change in situations where a foul causes the offence to lose the ball like what happened in the browns vs chiefs game in the playoffs. The helmet to helmet in that game should’ve negated the through the end zone call IMO.

Agreed.

That's what was annoying about the whole conversation around the fumble. So many people shouting "you don't know the rule" when most people were arguing that serious foul play caused it and thus it shouldn't have mattered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

See the Falcons have announced their playing an international game in Tottenham stadium in October for what it's worth

Advertisement