Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Week 0 : 145kg
    Week 1: 143kg (-2kg)
    Week 2 : 141.3kg (-3.7kg)
    Week 3 : 142.7kg (-2.3kg)
    Week 4 :139.8kg (-5.2kg)
    Week 5 : 140.3kg (-4.7kg)
    Week 6 : 138.2kg (-6.8kg)
    Week 7 : 137.4kg (-7.6kg)
    Week 8 : 136.2kg (-8.8kg)
    Week 9 : 136.7kg (-8.3kg)
    Week 10 : 134.4kg (-10.6kg)
    Week 11: 134.7kg (-10.3kg)
    Week 12 : 134.4kg (-10.6kg)
    Week 13 : 132.9kg (-12.1kg)
    Week 14 : 133.1kg (-11.9kg)
    Week 15 : 134.3kg (-10.7kg)
    Week 16: 134.4kg(-10.6kg)
    Week 17 : 135.1 (-9.9kg)

Need to do something here, I got complacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 miss_c

Week 0 (December 29th): 238 lbs
    Week 1: 234 lbs
    Week 2: 232lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

After been sick with no real appetite for 6 weeks at the start of November I have piled on the weight since regaining my health and appetite. This is wild. Back on it today.

Screenshot-20210112-101142-Renpho.jpg

I wouldn't let the drop and rise bother you too much, if you were sick a lot of that is water.

Just wondered what app are you using for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Segotias wrote: »
    I wouldn't let the drop and rise bother you too much, if you were sick a lot of that is water.

Just wondered what app are you using for this?

Thanks, although. It's still a kick in the hole I need.

Its the app for the renpho digital scales.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YFS6GXB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ENz.FbNJ1SQ74?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭farmerval

January 9th 18st 4 lbs (-34 lbs overall) (+6lbs over the holidays)
    January 16th 18st 2 lbs (-36 lbs) Slowly chugging along. Glad to be back in routines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Thanks, although. It's still a kick in the hole I need.

Its the app for the renpho digital scales.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YFS6GXB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ENz.FbNJ1SQ74?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Same scales in white comes in at under €22, so vat free
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077RXM292/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_fabc_BycbGbY2ZV65X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

11th January: 152lb
    18th January: 148lbs

Delighted with my first week! Really hope I can keep up - have another 10/12 lbs to lose

Week 3: 232lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Week 0 (4th Jan): 84.6kg
    Week 1 (8th Jan): 83.1kg
    Week 2 (15th Jan): 82.6kg

Week 18 : 134.1 (-10.9kg)
    Week 129 : 132.6kg (-12.4kg)

So back on track in January, and lower now than I was pre-Xmas, happy to be here now onwards to below 130.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Week 0 (4th Jan): 84.6kg
    Week 1 (8th Jan): 83.1kg
    Week 2 (15th Jan): 82.6kg
    Week 3 (22nd Jan): 82.4kg

Week 18 : 134.1 (-10.9kg)
    Week 129 : 132.6kg (-12.4kg)

So back on track in January, and lower now than I was pre-Xmas, happy to be here now onwards to below 130.

Well done Hordors, good feeling to be back in charge.

January 9th 18st 4 lbs (-34 lbs overall) (+6lbs over the holidays)
    January 16th 18st 2 lbs (-36 lbs)
    January 23 rd 18st 4 lbs (-34lbs )

So disappointing this week. Was 18 st 1lb on Tuesday, thought I was a shoe in for 18 st today. Although I was good all week just kept creeping up. Blood glucose is up all week, whatever I do doesn't seem to help. Really frustrated, hate the feeling of not being in control.
    Whether I eat three square meals or not, or fast or not the glucose level is not going down. I've been really good this week, no alcohol, no breaking the rules but no success either.
    Ah well, there'll be plenty more weeks.

miss_c wrote: »

Keep with it, and keep posting if you can. Accountability is never nice but it can be a great motivator.. Posting here weekly has been a good tool for me for a while now, my week revolves around Saturday being weigh day.
    Saturday night then is let the hair down (as if I had hair) night, Tuesday is weigh day to assess where we are and then try and rescue the situation for next Saturday.
    The people on here are nice and supportive, so as more drift back after the break it will get a bit more active around here.

Not giving up is huge progress in itself, don't let the scales reading deflate you... Just keep doing the things you know will get you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Agree it is huge not to give up really important to continue to try to improve diet and exercise in the long run it will work even if you have to tweak things as you go along .There will always be weeks when the scales go up but take a longer term view so just keep doing the right thing and the right result will come about .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Rejoining this thread post baby in October.

Been watching what I eat and getting out for buggy walks more regularly since the new year. Gone from 12st 8lb to 12st. I was eating everything in sight after baby was born, needed the sugar and energy!

Target weight is 10st or the last buckle on my trusted belt, whichever comes first. I love running and the weight fell off me when I took it up 6 years ago but don't have the time right now with baby and toddler so doing 4-7km walks with buggy and dog when I can. Will also start lifting some weights and online Pilates as soon as I have more time! Time is my enemy right now :)

Cooking all meals from scratch. Bread type food limited to one serving per day. Chocolate, biscuits are my Achilles heel so just have to cut them out. I have the odd fig roll if I'm desperate for a sugar fix but eating more fruit and veg. Happy so far but need to get back into my 'nice' clothes by April!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

11th January: 152 lbs
    18th January: 148 lbs
    25th January: 148 lbs

Pretty disappointed that I didn't lose anything last week. Was doing all the same things as the week before....it's disheartening but must keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

leahyl wrote: »
    11th January: 152 lbs
    18th January: 148 lbs
    25th January: 148 lbs

Pretty disappointed that I didn't lose anything last week. Was doing all the same things as the week before....it's disheartening but must keep going!

Take it one meal at a time - It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

My button batteries for my weighing scales finally arrived today from Amazon. I am just depressed to see what has become of my body, I have gained 26lbs or 11.8kgs as a result of quarantines and lockdown, a far bigger risk to my health than Covid ever will be, and that is before the devastating toll on my mental health.

I am at my heaviest weight in over 8 years at 13 stone I'm 5ft 7 so its far too much.

I maxed out at 15 stone back in late 2012, I embarked on a massive weight loss campaign of 3-4 times a week 2-3hr long gym sessions and a 500-800 calorie per day diet. and I lost 4 stone weight in four months. The following year I gained back a stone (after a verruca operation) but I fought hard and lost 1.5 stone to get to my lightest ever weight.

That year in 2013 was one of the best periods of my life, I booked an amazing holiday to Thailand to act as self-motivation at the beginning.

My life has changed alot in the intervening years and I am lucky to have greater funds today and I am going to find some clinic that will perform a gastric bypass as I am on a BMI of 28.7 and this is a serious medical emergency for my body. I have had zero energy in over 2 months rarely waking up until midday and suffering with mild to moderate depression.

I lack the energy, motivation or will to go into gyms which will not reopen in months anyway and I always get verrucas on my feet from the communal showers. I also have severe eating disorders in that I can't eat any fruit or vegetables or typical healthy foods, my weight loss in 2013 was mainly down to 600+ calorie burning gym sessions and starving myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 NewHope21

theguzman wrote: »
    My button batteries for my weighing scales finally arrived today from Amazon. I am just depressed to see what has become of my body, I have gained 26lbs or 11.8kgs as a result of quarantines and lockdown, a far bigger risk to my health than Covid ever will be, and that is before the devastating toll on my mental health.

I am at my heaviest weight in over 8 years at 13 stone I'm 5ft 7 so its far too much.

I maxed out at 15 stone back in late 2012, I embarked on a massive weight loss campaign of 3-4 times a week 2-3hr long gym sessions and a 500-800 calorie per day diet. and I lost 4 stone weight in four months. The following year I gained back a stone (after a verruca operation) but I fought hard and lost 1.5 stone to get to my lightest ever weight.

That year in 2013 was one of the best periods of my life, I booked an amazing holiday to Thailand to act as self-motivation at the beginning.

My life has changed alot in the intervening years and I am lucky to have greater funds today and I am going to find some clinic that will perform a gastric bypass as I am on a BMI of 28.7 and this is a serious medical emergency for my body. I have had zero energy in over 2 months rarely waking up until midday and suffering with mild to moderate depression.

I lack the energy, motivation or will to go into gyms which will not reopen in months anyway and I always get verrucas on my feet from the communal showers. I also have severe eating disorders in that I can't eat any fruit or vegetables or typical healthy foods, my weight loss in 2013 was mainly down to 600+ calorie burning gym sessions and starving myself.

Hey

Be encouraged you're not alone. I joined this Boards to find support and hope you feel encouraged that a lot of us are in the same (or at least a very similar) boat.

I'm 6'1 and at my heaviest weighed 136Kg 03/01/21. I think that's around 20st.

Diabetic and struggled to exercise for around 10 years with many ups and downs. Now living in the countryside its extremely remote which has its benefits but for a city girl mentally its been a struggle. Have to drive everywhere and afraid to walk on the roads for fear or speeding car and blind bends.

Unfortunately for me my only choice was to get on a medically supervised diet so I'm monitored daily by a pharmacist approved by my doctor. People my see it (vlcd) as a Fad diet but for me its changed the way I see food which was the main struggle.

My takeaway from it so far are:

Drink at least 2l of water daily- sip as often as you can
    Drink a warm glass of water first thing to help bowel movement
    If you're weighing yourself do so after movements and before water when you can
    Weigh yourself weekly
    Have set mealtimes
    Keep mealtimes short - around 15minutes to finish your meal to avoid snacking
    Cut out processed foods and check labels
    Don't snack, drink water when you have the urge
    If you're eating fruits as snack do so at your mealtimes - bear in mind fruits have natural sugars which will be converted
    to glucose. (Read about metabolic pathway, lipolysis v gluconeogenesis)
    Tape measure to measure your body monthly.
    Exercise at my weight is still very hard but start small. All I did were stretches and slowly added yoga and pilates. 5ake your time to build up.

Because I'm on this supervised plan meal prep is not my forte and when we get to that bridge. I'll share what I've learned then.

Meantime, my weight has dropped since last Thursday (mostly water weight) but still going slowly. Yesterday morning weight was 124Kg.

I'm in remission, blood sugar is normal without medication
    I use a smart scale linked to my phone so I can see breakdown of weight and compare fat v muscle etc on the app thats where I also add measurements
    Log what you eat. I use my fitness pal app. Great food database including baroda scanner.

Hope this helps and happy to discuss or journey with you

Week 4: 233.5 lbs

Gain of 1.5 lbs, not surprised, expected it to be a bigger gain but it is still disappointing. Back teaching online and I am just not moving, 4000-5000 steps daily now so need to get moving again between classes and get out for a walk in the evening. Did a c25k 3 years ago and completed every bit of it and felt so happy after each little jog. Would love to get back to that.

farmerval wrote: »
    Keep with it, and keep posting if you can. Accountability is never nice but it can be a great motivator.. Posting here weekly has been a good tool for me for a while now, my week revolves around Saturday being weigh day.
    Saturday night then is let the hair down (as if I had hair) night, Tuesday is weigh day to assess where we are and then try and rescue the situation for next Saturday.
    The people on here are nice and supportive, so as more drift back after the break it will get a bit more active around here.

Thank you at farmerval, I must start logging in here more often. Small gain this week but not going to let it make me give up! A new week ahead :-)

Thank you at farmerval, I must start logging in here more often. Small gain this week but not going to let it make me give up! A new week ahead :-)

gains don't matter!

once you see them and take actions to reverse a trend (one week is not a trend :))

Also, if you know the reason for it (like you do) then you know what you need to do to stop it.

I was very relaxed about Xmas, knew I'd put on some weight - and I did - but it wasn't near what I thought it would be because I still kept some of the good habits. I did put on some weight, but it's already gone and a small bit more too.

Recognise that you won't be able to get as much excercise as you had been and don't beat yourself up about it.

You can do this. We all can!!

Week 4: 233.5 lbs

Gain of 1.5 lbs, not surprised, expected it to be a bigger gain but it is still disappointing. Back teaching online and I am just not moving, 4000-5000 steps daily now so need to get moving again between classes and get out for a walk in the evening. Did a c25k 3 years ago and completed every bit of it and felt so happy after each little jog. Would love to get back to that.

Does your home situation allow you to get up a bit earlier with the time for yourself you could get a bit of walking to at least get your steps up .Given your job that may mean it will be harder during the day to exercise a bit .Don't meant be harsh but you will have to make time for some activity best of luck you will achieve what you want in time .

gains don't matter!

once you see them and take actions to reverse a trend (one week is not a trend :))

Also, if you know the reason for it (like you do) then you know what you need to do to stop it.

I was very relaxed about Xmas, knew I'd put on some weight - and I did - but it wasn't near what I thought it would be because I still kept some of the good habits. I did put on some weight, but it's already gone and a small bit more too.

Recognise that you won't be able to get as much excercise as you had been and don't beat yourself up about it.

You can do this. We all can!!

Thank you and one positive from WFM again is that there is no commuting so I can use the time in the morning/evening to get out for walks, I've no excuse really just need some self discipline and a good playlist to listen to!

Does your home situation allow you to get up a bit earlier with the time for yourself you could get a bit of walking to at least get your steps up .Given your job that may mean it will be harder during the day to exercise a bit .Don't meant be harsh but you will have to make time for some activity best of luck you will achieve what you want in time .

I absolutely should be able to get out in the morning/evening, I have no excuse now with WFH. No commute and no kids so I really have no excuses not to be inactive. I've got into a good routine now in terms of prepping for work so will use morning/evening to my advantage and get the steps in.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

Hi I'm looking at getting a spin bike or an exercise bike leaning more to a spin bike . Does anyone use them to exercise at home

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

theguzman wrote: »

I just thought I'd comment on this as someone who's had a gastric bypass. Firstly I'd be very surprised if any clinic would perform the surgery as you are only 2 stone above a healthy BMI for your height.

My BMI when I had the surgery was 58 so was a last resort before my health deteriorated, I was very healthy and pushing my luck at that point. I opted for surgery abroad as it was 14 years ago and not an option here, before I could have the surgery I had to lose 2 stone.

You mention you've severe eating disorders and I can't imagine any clinic going ahead with surgery until these are dealt with. I don't mean to sound negative just want to be realistic. Its not a quick fix, you lose weight fast after surgery then it stops, I still haven't lost all my excess weight, I have lost about 75kg but still have more to go.

As a result of the surgery I can survive on very low calories without it impacting my weight, its taken me 6 months to lose 2 stone and thats eating around 1200 cals per day, not ideal or recommended.

I would look at other options if I were you, this surgery impacts your life and you can very easily put all the weight you lost and more back on if you're not careful

• Advertisement

Hi I'm looking at getting a spin bike or an exercise bike leaning more to a spin bike . Does anyone use them to exercise at home

Exercise bikes can be very useful for fitness but you have to stick with it like any exercise. Personally would not spend huge money as I use a turbo trainer and it can be a bit tedious at times even with music in the background. If you are the type to stick with things it will be a big help .Generally one hour on the bike will burn about 600 calories I have found .

Advertisement