Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA College Football - 2018 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

6/7 weeks to go
    Getting excited now. Any news on a college game to Ireland again soon. Talking to some UK cowboys fans and we're discussing a trip in Oct-19 to take in cowboys AMD longhorns game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

brinty wrote: »
    6/7 weeks to go
    Getting excited now. Any news on a college game to Ireland again soon. Talking to some UK cowboys fans and we're discussing a trip in Oct-19 to take in cowboys AMD longhorns game

No sign of one anytime soon. They had around 30,000 at the last game and they released lots of €20 tickets to pad out the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Shameful bump for our college fantasy football league where we need 4 more people :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Peter File wrote: »
    No sign of one anytime soon. They had around 30,000 at the last game and they released lots of €20 tickets to pad out the crowd.

It’s finished for the foreseeable as far as I know. Was an agreement for a game every 2 years but I understand Aer Lingus pulled the sponsorship for some reason. I’m sure it was discussed on a thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,055 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Eir Sport are offering 3 months for €1 per month for Sky customers, offer ends July 31st.

The package includes BT Sports channels so you can get lots of September and October NCAA football for a great price

More details on the Bargain Alerts thread.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's already been placed on leave. They fired Tressel for less, so I expect him to be gone once they've investigated.

QB1: Beyond The Lights has been added to Netflix for anyone that's interested. Follows 3 Quarterbacks in their final year before moving to a D1 college. It's a good watch.

I find it a weird one with Urban. I mean he can’t monitor his wife’s messages, who’s to say she’s not lying & even if she’s not Meyer committed no crime, are the police arresting the coach who was assaulting his wife? Baffles me how the only person who most likely losses in this is the Head Coach. $6m a year job gone for no wrong doing of his own.

Fair enough if it is PROVEN he kept it under wraps, I’m sure the wife at the time wouldn’t have wanted the husband losing the job no matter what he was doing, I looked at her interview earlier & she kept saying the same thing ‘I thought I could change him’ surely if she thought that she would of kept it in house as much as possible & if it got out would of pleaded with Meyer not to fire her husband.

Just my opinion obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hey guys whats the easiest way to watch college football?

The NCAA College Annual Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Hey guys whats the easiest way to watch college football?

The NCAA College Annual Pass?

BT sports Espn has college gameday and then games I think?? I just subscribed and I'm hoping so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Doogs27 wrote: »
    BT sports Espn has college gameday and then games I think?? I just subscribed and I'm hoping so.

Yes BT/ESPN has live games and College GameDay. This week they have a College GameDay episode showing the best of the 2017 season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Eir/bt sports git ye covered
    Bout 10 games a weekend Thursday through Sunday morning
    College gameday Saturday and catch up during the week
    Only bad thing is it rarely shows big 12 games to see my beloved Texas longhorns

ESPN player is €20 p/m & you can watch whatever game you want. Unbelievable value, can be chronecasted or played through a fire stick also.

Could anyone recommend a podcast(s) about the big 10 & preferably but not essentially previewing the conference on a gambling basis

Thanks.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a podcast(s) about the big 10 & preferably but not essentially previewing the conference on a gambling basis

Thanks.

The Solid Verbal recently did a season preview of the Big Ten East (Aug 2nd show) and Big Ten West (July 19th show). They tend to go through each team's schedules and project what their record will be.

Thanks.

Against all odds with cousin sál from the ringer podcasts are good for the gambling. They'll cover big 10 I'm sure but they won't focus on it at all.

Well done everyone, we just survived our last Saturday without College Football for the next few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

I managed to find, by pure chance, Rolling with the tide, on YouTube. Fascinating insight on Alabama. The first two episodes are up at the moment.

• Advertisement

The Ohio State Trustees decision on Urban Meyer is due shortly - any time in the next hour or two.

Are there any big match ups this weekend? Looking forward to Michigan @ Notre Dame for the first college gameday.

Are there any big match ups this weekend? Looking forward to Michigan @ Notre Dame for the first college gameday.

In a word - no.

Week Zero is for gamblers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ESPN player is €20 p/m & you can watch whatever game you want. Unbelievable value, can be chronecasted or played through a fire stick also.

Have tried this, the app is only available in the US. I tried VPN and still no joy...do you have a workaround?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BKWDR wrote: »
    Have tried this, the app is only available in the US. I tried VPN and still no joy...do you have a workaround?

I have the app and it works here. Prices are in Euro as well, they'd hardly be advertising in Euro if it doesn't work.

The Website even states its available in Europe, Middle East & Africa. :confused:

213meer.jpg

ESPN Player should work fine here, though it doesn't have every game. It'll have a lot, but some of the big games that would be exclusive to Fox or other networks won't be on it so just be careful.

When it comes to watching college football, a good IPTV subscription that has US channels is all you need, plus you always have reddit.com/r/CFBstreams.

BKWDR wrote: »

Do it on the website not app, but like what was said it won’t have every game, the prime time games on other networks aren’t showed & I think Notre Dames games are excluded too but open to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Do it on the website not app, but like what was said it won’t have every game, the prime time games on other networks aren’t showed & I think Notre Dames games are excluded too but open to be corrected.

Far as I know Notre Dame home games are exclusive to NBC. It's a very lucrative arrangement for both, probably makes things a bit difficult for Irish college ball fans though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I have iptv so Ill stick with that and see what's on cheers

Haven't really picked a team to follow really but enjoy watching on Saturdays, Penn state maybe?

Advertisement