Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Fantasy Football 2018

Options
  • 02-07-2018 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

If anybody is interested in this, please post here. If there is enough interest, I'll run a league on Fantrax. If not, we'll give it a miss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

I will give it a go again if you need numbers. I cut back my NFL ones and started paying attention again to college ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yep I'd be interested if we got the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,846 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll deffo go again, miss it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Yeah the leagues we had a few years back were lots of fun. Hopefully we get enough people this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

In

• Advertisement

5 people so far - I think 10 or more would be ideal so hopefully we get some more. If you guys know anyone who would like to take part, please spread the word.

Bump. Anyone else interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

I'll give it a go.

That's six so far. I doubt we'll get 6 more, but even if we can get 4, we can give it a go and make it a 2 QB league. Thanks to those who have signed up so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’ll give it a go! Will prob be awful but sure what’s the harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Give it a go as well if you still have space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'll give it a go. Don't know many of the college players, but I've always found it a good way to get to know the NFL players.

Great stuff - that brings us to 9. Seeing as we don't need to draft until August, I'm fairly confident we can get to 10, 12 or 14 by then. So the league will be going ahead this year! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Count me in! Prefer college ball myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Add me in too if there's room.

Can the people who have signed up PM their email addresses?

I'll PM you anyway later this evening when I'm on my computer requesting your addresses - it's just awkward doing it on the mobile site!

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Can the people who have signed up PM their email addresses?

I'll PM you anyway later this evening when I'm on my computer requesting your addresses - it's just awkward doing it on the mobile site!

No

Invites have been PMed to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Count me in

Thanks all for joining, just waiting on Onecoolcookie but I think he's away at the moment - I'm sure he'll join when he's back.

In the meantime, here's some scheduling options for the draft. Pick all times/days that suits and we'll go with the most popular option:

https://doodle.com/poll/qs4tretbegruq4en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

in

Im good for any of the Draft dates. August is my work **** month so chances are I will be winging it with the site on the one of my monitors hidden :D

Guys, we have 14 now which is great. I might push back the draft as I think this weekend is a bit early, whereas previously we would always have drafts in the week leading up to the regular season. I'll put up a new poll later on.

Guys, we have 14 now which is great. I might push back the draft as I think this weekend is a bit early, whereas previously we would always have drafts in the week leading up to the regular season. I'll put up a new poll later on.
    First game ain't until August 28th right?

First game ain't until August 28th right?

The teams that will be in our draft pool don't start until Thursday August 30th.

There's another "Week Zero" this year, with a handful of games (5 or 6) starting Saturday 25th August, but most leagues disregard/ignore this week so we'll do the same.

So there's a poll below for the nights leading up to the season opener, so we'll go with the most popular option from these. Would appreciate if everyone could vote (sorry to those who already voted in the earlier poll):

https://doodle.com/poll/9fepy4cu6mn6qx2n

The teams that will be in our draft pool don't start until Thursday August 30th.

What teams are in our draft pool? Is it just D1?

What teams are in our draft pool? Is it just D1?

Yup, exactly.

Yup, exactly.

Thanks. Any good guides for college fantasy ye'd recommend? I read a fair bit on NFL Fantasy a few years and it helped alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Thanks. Any good guides for college fantasy ye'd recommend? I read a fair bit on NFL Fantasy a few years and it helped alot.

Dane Brugler is the man.. knows his college ball like crazy

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Dane Brugler is the man.. knows his college ball like crazy

Thanks. I'll check him out

Advertisement