Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I know I'm late to the game but started playing SuperHot the other day and quite enjoying the gameplay, the 'story' less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

Finished the remaster of Demons Souls just before Christmas. My first real attempt at a Souls game but have to say I loved it. Still have it loaded up for a NG+ run.

Replayed Arkham Asylum for the first time in years. Still a great game. Last night I started Cloudpunk for something different. I don’t think I’m very far into the story but I’m enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Started and Plat'd Tinykin over a couple of days. 5 hours total. Fun little game, reminds me of Spyro albeit completely different. But same premise, collect all the things. Nice palette cleanser.

I had also finished Powerwash Sim, but it appears the campaign trophy is bugged so gave up on the plat.

Will probably give Hellsinger a go next while I still feel like crap.

Hellsinger is a great game, but modern controllers don't do it any justice. I finally used the adjustable trigger lengths for the Edge, and that made a huge difference, but it's still taking time to get the offset timing right. Wireless does not suit these types of games. But a cracking game if you're on PC I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Assassins Creed Origins on the PS5 and I'm absolutely loving it. Went in with little expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Looks beautiful as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Hi Folks - I'm playing TLOU2 at the moment on my PS5 - probably about 1/3 of the way through. If I buy the PS5 upgrade that just came out - will I be able to play on from where I am now or would you have to start again?

Looks like you can continue on, you just import the save if you're coming from PS4, if you're already playing on the PS5 the save will be there and should just load up.

Picked up PoP today, only an hour played but liking it so far. Looking forward to getting a few upgrades because the combat is fun but quite simple at the moment.

Also loaded up Wonderlands again, had 7 hours played so continued on. Was mixing it up with the DLC she had in Borderlands 3 until it went to the overworld again. Not sure if I'll stick with it. Feels overly familiar.

Yep, it let me import the save.

Cheers.

As someone who was in the middle of a playthrough, do you notice any differences?

Not massively on the visuals, not yet anyway.

The audio quality does seem better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Evil West, its feckin deadly! Really pleasantly surprised by it.

I got it when it came out, but traded it soon after because it felt very meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd be annoyed if I spent money on it

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition - really surprised by how good this is. It's like a mix between GTA and Yakuza.

Another game that would sell on name alone, a real gem of its time and still does hold up well today. Loved it on all my playthroughs over the years. Got completely overshadowed by GTA V a year later, but I really recommend anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a go. Like the earlier GTA's with excellent hand to hand combat (for its time). You could consider it a Sifu/GTA mashup! I'd love another one.

Finished up Prince of Persia and used an interactive map to get the last few collectables to get the Plat. Great game albeit with a poor story, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. Also finished up and got the Plat on Hardspace Shipbreaker. I play it with oxygen drain and timer off and it can be quite relaxing until you mess up and it messes you up, great space physics-lite game and an interesting (albeit unskippable) story. And unlike the Xbox version, the quick resume doesn't cause it to freeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Going back to PS4 games I picked up over the last few years but never got around to playing. Loving Wolfenstein II but my god, am I crap at it. Been a long time since I played FPSs and I gather that the difficulty level of this was commented on a fair bit at the time, but still....

Casting the occasional sideways glance at the variable difficulty level, but regardless, thoroughly enjoying it, to the extent that I also picked up the first one on the cheap (and so the cycle begins again...).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

I wonder can you play hell divers 2 alone ?

According to Dextero:

Fans will be thrilled to discover that yes, you can play Helldivers 2 solo if you choose to.

However, while you can definitely play the game on your own, Helldivers 2 doesn’t incorporate any special single-player campaigns or modes. As such, it is recommended to enjoy with friends, so some of the battles could be a little challenging on your own – but at least get your pick of the enemies.

So sounds like it is playable solo, but it won't be as fun and will probably be too hard and they didn't really pay much attention to the solo side of things because who plays these games solo... me, that's who, and they all fail at it. I don't think there's a single co-op game that's fun solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Jedi Survivor. I expect to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Damien360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Dead Space remake, I too will die

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Overcooked 2, I shall fry

Instead of buying pacific drive or banishers of new eden I decided give Evil West a go on ps plus . Enjoying the brain dead fun , hands are sore from button bashing & it ain't easy game have be tuned in!

They were 2 games I was contemplating too, and I ended up downloading The Outer Worlds... waiting for a guaranteed 60fps for Pacific Drive, and I'm not a big fan of DontNods games so I'm not sold on Banishers yet.

You won't regret it . Savage game .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Playing Assassin Creed Mirage - enjoying it so far

So I had played Outer Worlds before, and I lasted 2 hours before I gave up. Just wasn't holding me at all, and memories of repetition came flooding back so meh. Have Tales of Arise ready to go, not expecting to stick with it but you'd never know. May download Valhalla and try it again. Just can't stick with something at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Uncharted 2 in the Uncharted Collection on PS5 - most excellent so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Just can't stick with something at the moment.

The curse of gamin subscriptions - can be hard for something to grab you.

Playing Diablo IV again. Couldn't get into it at launch, but have come back for the seasons, and the levelling and itemisation has vastly immroved season on season.

Still missing QoL feature DIII had, so still room for improvement.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think i've a case of "why am I playing something I'm not thoroughly enjoying when I could be playing something I could be thoroughly enjoying" followed by half an hour of browsing games and going back to Skyrim... But, I've a couple of hours into Tales of Arise, and I can see potential if they'd just let me play the game, but it's chock full of cutscenes and talking for the first couple of hours. Will stick with it for another bit, combat seems fun. Oh, it also wants me to know I can buy swimsuits for the characters, even the ones I haven't met yet, and I can preview them before buying in a 3d model view... Priorities eh!

Advertisement